996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Re-Wrapped wheel installed ..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 07:41 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Re-Wrapped wheel installed ..

Came out pretty good, Color match is close, it's a tad lighter (maybe some glove oil would darken it up ), flash probably isn't helping these pics. Wife thought it was fine and looked good, she rarely comments on this sort of thing

DTC told me from the beginning that matching the natural brown leather was a challenge. AudiKP's tech article for removing the wheel was helpful, so props to him.

Plan is to add a GT3 black alcantara shift ****, and some natural brown race seats with alcantara middle inserts.

A few pics .. What do you guys think ?

Old 07-08-2011, 09:45 PM
AspenWhite05Sti is infamous around these parts
The two tone scheme is gonna be so nice. Love the wheel!

Old 07-08-2011, 10:04 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Looks really good!!! Love the black and tan!!!

Old 07-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Lookin good. Nicely done.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:41 PM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
It has no wear and its not in real life so I'm sure it looks great. Love the color scheme in the car. Nicely done!

Old 07-09-2011, 03:11 PM
egreaves20 is a jewel in the roughegreaves20 is a jewel in the roughegreaves20 is a jewel in the rough
Looks great. Some leather oil/conditioner will darken up the new leather.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
What was the cost on that?

Looks really good

Old 07-11-2011, 07:58 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
looks sharp. wish they could have matched the color better, im sure its not easy tho.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 07-11-2011, 08:41 AM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Looks great! Can you post some more details on getting it done, like cost, time, etc?

Jon

Old 07-11-2011, 09:38 AM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for all the nice comments :). Details.

I contacted DCT about getting my wheel re-wrapped, Ivan got back to me quickly, but didn't have a natural brown donor wheel in stock, but expected to have one in 2-3 weeks as he had a wrap in progress with another Natural brown 996. If you don't want to wait for a donor you could just send your wheel in, but I would expect to be down for a couple weeks. 3 weeks past and a wheel was available, I had an idea what I wanted so Ivan and I exchanged several emails, he had some good ideas, and sent me a few hand drawn design proofs via email, so we both knew we were on the same page. There was a delay as they didn't have enough natural brown leather in stock, they asked if they could tweak the design to use more alcantara, I passed, so I had to wait for them to source more leather.

It was $500 for my wheel, I kept it fairly simple, they can remold the wheel so it's flat on the bottom, that was more expensive and can vary depending on grip type etc, around another $500 more.

So basically after the install, you send back your wheel in the same box. Install was very simple, just remember to disconnect the battery when removing the airbag.

Hopefully that answers some questions, DCT communicated well, I think it would be much faster for those with black wheels, less common colors could take much longer like in my case, unless you send your wheel in.

Originally Posted by FAST FWD
Looks great! Can you post some more details on getting it done, like cost, time, etc?

Jon

Old 07-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
Leather color

Originally Posted by prodigymb
looks sharp. wish they could have matched the color better, im sure its not easy tho.
We use the OEM leather with matched color code
It just the new leather make the texture looks dull and lighter

Like the wheel installed on JSBear's 996 and thanks for the business.

Ivan

Old 07-21-2011, 10:44 PM
I think over time, the stock leather get's darker

from the sun / leather conditioning etc. Ivan definitely took care of me, can't imagine going back to the stock wheel

Originally Posted by DCTMOTORSPORTS
We use the OEM leather with matched color code
It just the new leather make the texture looks dull and lighter

Like the wheel installed on JSBear's 996 and thanks for the business.

Ivan

Old 07-22-2011, 03:58 AM
ukgatecrasher is infamous around these parts
Love it, That wheel looks great. I was never keen on that colour I interior but your looks fantastic. Would swap for my grey anyday:-)

Old 11-16-2011, 08:50 AM
jdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond repute
Gorgeous!!

JSBear - what iPhone cradle is that? Did you cover it in suede? I have the Clip-It mount, just wondering about that cradle.

Thanks!!

Old 11-16-2011, 10:41 AM
OOpps ... Here is the US link sorry ...

http://www.proclipusa.com/

This is where I've always ordered from ..

Been using them for years on various cars, always happy with their mounts. It came as seen, covered in suede.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Re-Wrapped wheel installed ..