996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Big saving on power steering reservoir? Bypass with GT2 slave mod?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 06:16 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Big saving on power steering reservoir? Bypass with GT2 slave mod?

Regarding the TSB for PS reservoir whine:

1. Since I have the GT2 slave mod, I don't need the clutch slave pressure line anymore (it's plugged as is customary).

2. This makes me assume that I also don't need the valve in the lid of the PS reservoir anymore? Since the output pressure line doesn't go anywhere anyway (as it has been plugged).

3. Subsequently, I also think I don't need the short vertical pressure line that goes directly INTO the reservoir lid, coming directly from the PS pump house to the reservoir lid (as far as I can see it only feeds the TT clutch slave that I don't use anymore - via the lid of the reservoir).

Question is:
Can I go directly to the source and plug the PS pump outlet directly? (where the short vertical pipe comes from that goes directly from the PS pump to the PS reservoir).

The actual power steering pressure line is a separate big hose that exits diagonally upwards from the PS pump, towards the passenger side of the car. This would still be in it's original position.

Only the clutch slave pressure outlet would be plugged from the PS pump directly.

Will it work correctly?

If so, then this could possibly save a reservoir swap due to the fact that there would be no pressure in the reservoir lid to cause noise.

Would be very thankful for input!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:10 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Otherwise, is there a way to just block that valve? -since with GT2 slave mod it's not in use as far as I can understand.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:15 PM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !
I only have power steering lines in & out, everything else is removed and plugged. Clutch assist drive ( whatever you call that thingy ) inside the pump is removed.
OEM 996 turbo pump & reservoir. Works perfectly.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:42 PM
When u have a moment would you be able to take a pic of the reservoir?