996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pump gas dynos are done...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jags911tt
E85 is comparable to C16 is it not?
AtomicZ actually made the same power at the same boost on E85 as he did on C16 in his UGR TTG (1250 rwhp)...so at least from what he told me, it's just as good as C16 from a resistance to detonation/power perspective. The only reason he had to stop at that power level on E85 was because he was running out of fuel (since it requires a lot more fuel to run E85). That's why he uses C16 for 'kill-mode', aka 1550 rwhp.

Regardless, Chris' numbers are awesome regardless of whether E85 is similar to C16 or not. The fact that he can get E85 straight from pumps local to him, at a fraction of the price of C16, is icing on the cake.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-13-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:33 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Ooh, she's got tons of tark too.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:39 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Agreed Scott. I'm thinking of making the switch to e85 too that's why I asked the question.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Banned
Boost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bad107
amazing...what have you done to the engine?

Wanna do a 0-60 run?

Is e85 really considered pump gas? I mean some people are able to pump 105 octane in their car at a gas station....

Is there an e85 station near you? For some reason there are none in houston...all outside in sugar land etc...
LOL It wasn't available at my pump next door and my errand boy drove 14 miles to the nearest gas station that had it. But Powell has it available from multiple gas stations 5 minutes from his house so I would certainly consider it a pump fuel to him(as well as others in E85 prevalent areas)

Old 07-13-2011, 09:45 PM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Please explain
It all depends on how you are measuring the octane. If used on a gasoline standard, you could call it 105-106 octane. The problem with measuring E85 on a gasoline standard is that it really just doesn't make sense

Although the actual MON of the fuel will not really change, you really need to take into account the properties of alcohol to truly determine the approximate octane. It's a cooler burning fuel, therefore there is less energy produced per unit of fuel, More fuel, more cooling, more exhaust energy(overall).

if I had to make an educated guess as to the actual effective octane on a turbo car, I would put it in the 110-112 range. C16 has a higher mon, but you lose some of the benefits of alcohol. The primary issue I have with E85 is the consistency. It ranges anywhere from E65 to E85 depending on location, time of year, etc. In Chris' car, I thought about installing an alcohol content monitor with frequency to voltage convertor and wire it in to the ecu, so that his car can trim timing and fuel based on actual alcohol content(I have done it on numerous cars before).

No Chris, that does not mean you can run M1 fuel and crank up the boost.

Justin

Old 07-13-2011, 09:47 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boost Logic
LOL It wasn't available at my pump next door and my errand boy drove 14 miles to the nearest gas station that had it. But Powell has it available from multiple gas stations 5 minutes from his house so I would certainly consider it a pump fuel to him(as well as others in E85 prevalent areas)
Yup, but Chris will do better with C16 right ??He is another one breaking the 1000WHP line...............AMAZING

Old 07-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Banned
Boost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bad107
amazing...what have you done to the engine?

Wanna do a 0-60 run?

Is e85 really considered pump gas? I mean some people are able to pump 105 octane in their car at a gas station....

Is there an e85 station near you? For some reason there are none in houston...all outside in sugar land etc...

Engine is our full build with custom pistons, rods, liners, ARP Crankcase bolts, custom headstuds. The head has our race port and polish which I will put pictures of up soon, custom grind cams, full valvetrain upgrade and a number of special items

The fuel system is quite a beast as well, capable of supplying fuel for over 1600 horsepower on gasoline.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:48 PM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
AtomicZ actually made the same power at the same boost on E85 as he did on C16 in his UGR TTG (1250 rwhp)...so at least from what he told me, it's just as good as C16 from a resistance to detonation/power perspective. The only reason he had to stop at that power level on E85 was because he was running out of fuel (since it requires a lot more fuel to run E85). That's why he uses C16 for 'kill-mode', aka 1550 rwhp.

Regardless, Chris' numbers are awesome regardless of whether E85 is similar to C16 or not. The fact that he can get E85 straight from pumps local to him, at a fraction of the price of C16, is icing on the cake.
Hey Scott! Car looks awesome...

E85 spread over 10 cylinders is quite a bit different than E85 spread over 6 cylinders. HP/hole wise, the fuel doesn't have to work very hard E85 and it's lack of consistency is the primary issue IMO

Justin

Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
As always...great posts, Justin. Thank you for sharing your expertise. It's always appreciated.

Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Shoot for more power on c16

Old 07-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Swole Powell

^^ Best username on 6speed....

Old 07-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Good to hear it came together.. congrats...
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-13-2011, 09:53 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Thanks Justin for the explanation

Old 07-13-2011, 09:54 PM
shtbox is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Swole Powell
Shoot for more power on c16
Sweet name Matt... LOL

As I told Chris earlier today, sick power guys. I know he has been waiting on this for awhile. Can't wait to see it back in action

Old 07-13-2011, 10:06 PM
EvoLunchbox is just really niceEvoLunchbox is just really niceEvoLunchbox is just really niceEvoLunchbox is just really niceEvoLunchbox is just really nice
Great numbers! Should be a blast to drive. Is your car still AWD?

I was always under the impression that 93 oct was "pump gas". When I lived in Mi. you could get 110 from a pump at Torco. E85 is certainly changing the game though.

Also, does anyone use Q16? I've had greater success with high boost applications using Q over the C.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Pump gas dynos are done...