996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pump gas dynos are done...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 02:39 PM
AverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really nice
Thumbs up

Nice numbers, congrats

Old 07-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I'm headed to Austin tonight it looks like. Loading up my CCW rears (27.5" MT Drag Radial II's). So hopefully get to make some test hits late tonight.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:37 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
I'm headed to Austin tonight it looks like. Loading up my CCW rears (27.5" MT Drag Radial II's). So hopefully get to make some test hits late tonight.
Go get em Chris!! Be careful though...

Old 07-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Trevor is infamous around these parts
Can't wait for some numbers Chris! I have always been a fan of your cars ever since the Camaro!

Old 07-14-2011, 03:42 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Cant wait!

Old 07-14-2011, 08:06 PM
sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !
Great job! You're putting down some serious kick a$$ power!

Old 07-14-2011, 08:33 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Congrats Chris, very imprerssive numbers! E85 is the real deal. Considering my car did a 3.9 60-130 and barely cracked 900whp, one would have to guess that a 3.5 is in you future, maybe even quicker. Good luck, Kevin
I was gonna say the same thing...Congrats Chris ...she's a beast!

Old 07-15-2011, 12:11 AM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by johnspeed
...Thats great....Congradulations....Did you tune it??
little ol' moi?

yes I did

Old 07-15-2011, 01:31 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Just got in to the Hotel... Stopped by Boost Logic of course to say hi to my friends

They had another 5gal of E85 so I didn't have to go to the gas station (10min away) to get a full tank.

Got use to my GT3 seats and my hate for them came back LOL! Headed to a "special road in Mexico"... Made a pull at 15psi (wastegate), felt good... Bumped it to 18psi, felt damn good... Bumped it to 24psi, felt insane... Bumped to 28psi... Well needless to say I came back to the shop with a grin from ear to ear...

Chris Green, Eric, Kevin, Tom, etc... I am a believer in the corn fuel now!!!! Simply amazing!!! Remember I have 3.6ltr (with different cams, Ported heads and 997TT manifold) and we are using the new GTX3582's (.82 a/r housing). On the dyno there is some difference on spool vs my old turbo kit. But on the street Zohair and I were both AMAZED! In fact I think I know what turbo hes going to on his personal GT-R. The lag was there but not ANYWHERE where I thought it might be.

Also I know there is some jokes going around with the "pump gas" wording. I did in fact word it like that for a reason... I watch the forums still but it's been very dead so I had to do something E85 is very different fuel as Justin explained...

The car made ~750rwhp on 93oct at 18psi. I'll pull the graph in the shop in the morning. But I really don't care about the 93 numbers because I will NEVER touch it again... Had 2 tanks of bad gas in 8-9 months so screw that LOL! Car will only be on E85 and C16. The 93oct file was just to break in the motor.

Justin wants me to wait till I get bored, but I get bored quickly... LOL. C16 numbers and 8500+ rev limiter will be coming next (With a bit more boost as well :P). We were hitting a 7800 limiter that was since then fixed.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:48 AM
Banned
Shadowman30 is infamous around these parts
Congratulations Powell!

Any hp vs rpm Dyno sheet?

Old 07-15-2011, 12:45 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Be careful with that 8500 limit....just might bite you in the ****!! other wise go get some 60-130. should be a blast. good luck! Go beat up on KPG's numbers...he ain't ****..lol

Old 07-15-2011, 03:56 PM
AverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really nice
Originally Posted by Powell
Made a pull at 15psi (wastegate), felt good... Bumped it to 18psi, felt damn good... Bumped it to 24psi, felt insane... Bumped to 28psi... Well needless to say I came back to the shop with a grin from ear to ear...
Does it hook on the street ok? Are you 2wd or 4wd?

Old 07-15-2011, 04:08 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Chris we need numbers man,you'll lift up Porsches.

PORSCHE THERE IS NOT SUBSTITUTE

Old 07-15-2011, 06:51 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
Be careful with that 8500 limit....just might bite you in the ****!! other wise go get some 60-130. should be a blast. good luck! Go beat up on KPG's numbers...he ain't ****..lol
All right, I am checked in waiting for the show. I feel like John McCain on election night!

Topgun, it pains me to even acknowledge you exist, you are nothing more than a squire for the Knights, maybe a court jester....nah, you arent very funny. Dont be sad if Powell beats my time time tonight, it just means you dont get to beat me !!!!

Old 07-15-2011, 10:14 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Wow, good to see we can still give the Lambos all they can handle. Congrats, Chris.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Pump gas dynos are done...