996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fix Clutch Accumulator or GT2 Slave?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 10:48 AM
jsteg is infamous around these parts
Moto, thanks for the PM, can't reply yet. Will send you PM when I am "post probation" period on this forum

Old 08-10-2011, 10:56 AM
bng4god has a spectacular aura aboutbng4god has a spectacular aura about
If anyone is planning on doing this soon...

And is planning to source parts on your own instead of buying the EVOMS kit, I just found out that there are no more clutch servo springs in the US and the wait time is 3-5 weeks! So just make sure you take that into account. This is part number 996 423 081 13 which is now superseded by part number 996 423 081 18. All the online sites (eg, pelican parts) have it in their catalog but when you call them, they tell you that the part needs to be ordered from an authorized Porsche dealer which puts you back in the same queue. LOL! Looks like a lot of people have been doing this upgrade and there are no more parts left in the US!

Old 08-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Mike is on point with his explanation for the reason of the failure.

I just did the GT2 slave conversion last week and really like it. The clutch is MUCH harder to depress but feels so nice. So far no regrets. I will let you know next week after a weekend at the track what my full opinion is.

For you local guys ASG did the work and it is top notch. You are welcome to meet up with me and give it a try if you have reservations about the stiffness of the clutch.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:15 AM
flavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bng4god
And is planning to source parts on your own instead of buying the EVOMS kit, I just found out that there are no more clutch servo springs in the US and the wait time is 3-5 weeks! So just make sure you take that into account. This is part number 996 423 081 13 which is now superseded by part number 996 423 081 18. All the online sites (eg, pelican parts) have it in their catalog but when you call them, they tell you that the part needs to be ordered from an authorized Porsche dealer which puts you back in the same queue. LOL! Looks like a lot of people have been doing this upgrade and there are no more parts left in the US!
Last month, I had to wait 2 weeks for mine through Pelican, apparently it came straight from Germany.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by flavorPacket
Last month, I had to wait 2 weeks for mine through Pelican, apparently it came straight from Germany.
I noticed that you are from Hermosa! I bet I will bump in to you one of these days. I work out with a buddy at his house in Hermosa who lives off 8th St and Prospect.

Did you know Pelican is local in Harbor City? I think from now on, I am putting the parts on will call and pick them up and save on shipping.

Brent

Old 08-11-2011, 12:08 PM
jsteg is infamous around these parts
Sorry if this was covered before but could not get definitive answer on all the threads I've read. I do have the random PS whine while driving and based on the recent clutch pedal hardness when starting cold, I know I need to replace the accum. I plan to do the GT2 conversion but here is the question:

Do I need to also replace the PS reservoir or will the whine go completely away with the GT2 conversion. I know that it will remove the stress on the PS valve and it is convenient to change since it is already out of the car, but is it necessary? Mrwhite had the question previously but no clear response. Seems like yes based on the post from joe731 but wanted to confirm before I buy a reservoir that I don't need.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:52 PM
flavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond repute
I noticed that you are from Hermosa! I bet I will bump in to you one of these days. I work out with a buddy at his house in Hermosa who lives off 8th St and Prospect.

Did you know Pelican is local in Harbor City? I think from now on, I am putting the parts on will call and pick them up and save on shipping.

Brent
I'm on the other side of PCH, but very close by. If you ever see a black on black 996tt with really loud brakes, that's me.

Pelican is very local, I've actually met Wayne up in PV before...

Old 08-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by flavorPacket
I'm on the other side of PCH, but very close by. If you ever see a black on black 996tt with really loud brakes, that's me.

Pelican is very local, I've actually met Wayne up in PV before...
I will look and hear for you.

I think his child is in the same class as mine and my wife knows his wife. Very nice people!

B

Old 08-11-2011, 02:44 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
For you guys who put the kit together yourselves what do you do about the bracket that is needed and included in the kit?

Old 08-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by LiNks
For you guys who put the kit together yourselves what do you do about the bracket that is needed and included in the kit?
Member dgreen78. PM him and he is very responsive and quick turnaround. I got it in less than 2 days. $200 bolts included.

All told when I sourced the kit myself, I saved $400 parts only. The only issue is the hose. It has to be made longer where EVOMS includes one at the right length. It's not a big deal and not worth an extra $400.

PS I haven't figured out my exhaust yet.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:39 PM
moto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to all
I have a couple of these:

They are anodized in a titanium finish.

PM me if you are interested
-M

Old 08-14-2011, 03:14 PM
esq996tt is infamous around these parts
I recently sold my 996tt and just posted the coversion parts (less bracket) on the parts for sale section.

Parts for sale are slave, hose, master cylinder and servo.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:22 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Member dgreen78. PM him and he is very responsive and quick turnaround. I got it in less than 2 days. $200 bolts included.

All told when I sourced the kit myself, I saved $400 parts only. The only issue is the hose. It has to be made longer where EVOMS includes one at the right length. It's not a big deal and not worth an extra $400.
Thanks I still have a few left if anyone needs one PM me.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Clutch servo spring question...

It seems that it's taking a long time for the clutch servo spring part to come from Germany like 5-8 weeks. My question for those that did this mod is this:

What happens if you leave the original servo spring instead of replacing it with the new part? Any drawbacks - what happens? I am thinking of doing the upgrade now and just change out the servo spring when it comes since that part is actually in the cabin near the clutch pedal? Anyone care to comment?

Thanks!

Old 08-20-2011, 11:43 AM
It's just a different rate and preload, so the mechanical assist will be different from what Porsche designed on the GT2. I already tossed my turbo spring out, so I can't say if it's going to be stiffer or softer...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fix Clutch Accumulator or GT2 Slave?