996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Aventura, FL police dept.....undercover cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 08:37 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
If it's paid for, we will come

Old 04-17-2005, 08:47 AM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
remember when the FBI had Buick GNX's?

Old 04-17-2005, 08:59 AM
Official Dipshit 2006
shiggins is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by JasonJ
I guess that gives us more reason to make our cars faster!!! just kidding, I hate the fact that someone can instigate something with you, then bust you over the fact that you were willing to participate. If a damn cop is willing to race you, and you do and get busted, the cop was willing to participate too, so bust his *** as well. oh well, welcome to America.
Yeah, I hate preventative policing too, I just want to race my car around public streets without cops buggin me

Would you hate it if people were stealing cars in your neighborhood, so the cops used a bait car to catch the guy? no, you probably wouldn't, you'd be happy about it.

Old 04-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Dtd350Z is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Aventura, FL police dept.....undercover cars

Originally posted by shiggins
No, it's not. Entrapment is when you are induced into a crime which you would otherwise be unwilling to commit. Offering the opportunity to commit a crime is not entrapment and is common practice. Now if they flashed their guns at you and scared you into racing, that would be entrapment.
When I think of entrapment, I've always thought of a situation that you come across fairly often in Jamaica when someone off the street tries to sell you a little weed and then immediately after the sale, goes to the police and turns you in for possession to get a reward, is that something different? Obivously if the opportunity given by a citizen is illegal, theyre responsible for that but are they also held accountable for an additional charge for the process of getting they're "victim" in trouble as well?

Old 04-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
This is one of the few beneifts of living in New York. We have undercover cops, but they still use crown vics.

Old 04-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
What a bunch of crap. Having some punk pushing you to race a bit and then turning his cherries on only makes you want to throw a brick through his windshield.

I'm glad up here they only use green or white Crown Vics or the odd old Transport. Choppers aren't even used around here!

Old 04-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Banned
SixtySix is infamous around these parts
Collier County PD just picked up a couple of '04 HO Mustangs and a couple of Mauraders as UC as well as to deter aggerssive driving on the streets here.

Not cool at all.

Old 04-20-2005, 11:12 PM
JasonJ is infamous around these parts
i'm not saying i'm against undercover policing, but it is essentially baiting someone. i do understand where you are coming from. they do it with drugs and prostitution all the time. but they usually don't bring the prostitute to your neighborhood, and then put her in front of you and....well, i think everyone knows where i'm going with this. it's almost the same thing.

Old 04-21-2005, 12:54 AM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
I thought I had heard it all when Chicago's finest used Integra GSR's many years ago... wtf...

Old 04-21-2005, 09:13 AM
shamrock is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by DEETZ
Yes, I have seen a BMW 3 series cop LOL!

yes its not funny, pissed me off, this is unfair
Have you seen that undercover S2000 yet?
I was down in Beantown one day and saw this S2000- "pimped" out and I saw a set of lights right where the sun-visors would be, told the guy "looks pretty undercover", he said "IT IS!!!" haha.
the things cops do in order to pull people over!

Old 04-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
I hate these types of cops, ****ing harassing hard working for people, for what? Driving a little fast, go do some real police work!!

Old 04-21-2005, 09:25 AM
shamrock is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Rave TT
I hate these types of cops, ****ing harassing hard working for people, for what? Driving a little fast, go do some real police work!!
not just that, they try and make you go fast. they break the law to get you to break the law! DOWN WITH THE GOVERNMENT!!! haha jk

Old 04-21-2005, 01:00 PM
C4S Chick is infamous around these parts
NO WAY!!!! i am fairly certain the ALTIMA was trying me the other night!!!! but, at 2.70 a gallon .... it being an altima .... and the driver not being cute .... i just shook my head, ignored him and turned my radio up!!!

and, IF it was him ... he was a *****!! he was trying for A WHILE ... next to me - both sides - .... in front ... behind ....

good thing i don't street race!!!!

oh ... speaking of police cars ... while not undercover, this struck me as funny .... i ask you ... WOULD YOU PULL OVER FOR THIS?!?!?! (no offense to the miata people out there ... i know they are great cars!). ps .... sorry for the quality .... phone camera and trying to be sly at the DMV!

Attached Images  
Old 04-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Chronos is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down

Over the past few years the DC area had a few wannabe cops pulling women over and ...

My wife will immediately call 911 if an undercover car attempts to pull her over. Luckily there are a few precints near our home, and she'll drive towards one until she can get confirmation that the pull-over is legit.

That said, I've seen undercover Camaros, Lincolns, F150s, etc. all over NoVa. Oh yeah, no radar detectors are allowed in NoVa. Sheesh.

Old 04-21-2005, 01:31 PM
ritchieswimwear is infamous around these parts
Should arrest the politicians

With rampant overdevolpement in Aventura, they should be following the developers to see who they are paying off to build building on top of building. I will tell you, it is pretty safe there, and there is no place to speed there anyway except maybe the causeway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aventura, FL police dept.....undercover cars