996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Aventura, FL police dept.....undercover cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 08:46 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Aventura, FL police dept.....undercover cars

I was talking to this cop who had this (see pic) undercover Lancer EVO. It even had an aftermarket exhaust and boost work. Where the heck is our tax dollars going? Holy undercover batman.

This guy at the car wash told me that the Aventura Police has the new pontiac GTO, and they instigate dragging next to you, and when he punched his ferrari, the GTO turned the lights on and ticketed him with a "speedracing" fine.

Isn't that entrapment?

The Aventura Police Dept. has:

Lancer EVO - Modified
Pontiac GTO
F150 Lightning
White Maxima with Virginia Plates
Nissan Altima with NY Plates
Z28 SS (Orange)
and who knows what else.

Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2005, 09:16 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is infamous around these parts
Damn thats no fair, espacially if a car with Virigina plates if cruising next to you in Florida. I wouldnt pull over, thinking that they are imposter police officers.

Old 04-16-2005, 10:11 PM
aj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Here in Texas, some police departments have undercover sportscars too. However, they *do* have police lights and sirens.

Not only in Texas, but nationwide, individuals impersonating police officers and off-duty officers (imagine an off-duty prison guard who's itching to become a state trooper) in non-commisioned vehicles have harassed and committed crimes against the people and have been held criminally liable. One case where a woman was sexually harrasses, but thankfully not assaulted happened in Texas fairly recently- the perp was an off-duty prison guard and is apparently doing time as we type.

Consequently, in Texas, if you have reasonable suspicion that a car pursuing you is not truly a police vehicle, you have the right to either drive to a police station or somehow contact the police before surrendering to the pursuing vehicle. I wouldn't stop for an Evo or any other car unless I knew it was a cop- too many people want to jack high-end cars.

Old 04-16-2005, 10:49 PM
bottomline is infamous around these partsbottomline is infamous around these parts
They have an STi cop in CO too. A state patrol car. I will post pics if I find them. I'm sure someone here has them.

Old 04-16-2005, 11:06 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Sometimes they are seizures. They've used fixed up cars out to bust street racers here at times.

Old 04-16-2005, 11:24 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
Yes, I have seen a BMW 3 series cop LOL!

yes its not funny, pissed me off, this is unfair

Old 04-16-2005, 11:54 PM
NYSEGuy is infamous around these parts
I got pulled in sc by a blue cobra... you wouldn't know it was a cop either. from what the cop said, it was a seizure car...

Old 04-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Official Dipshit 2006
shiggins is infamous around these parts
Re: Aventura, FL police dept.....undercover cars

Originally posted by ShankGT2

Isn't that entrapment?
No, it's not. Entrapment is when you are induced into a crime which you would otherwise be unwilling to commit. Offering the opportunity to commit a crime is not entrapment and is common practice. Now if they flashed their guns at you and scared you into racing, that would be entrapment.

Old 04-17-2005, 12:03 AM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 is infamous around these parts
wow

Old 04-17-2005, 01:04 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Nothing beats the marked Italian police Lambos though

Old 04-17-2005, 02:16 AM
JasonJ is infamous around these parts
I guess that gives us more reason to make our cars faster!!! just kidding, I hate the fact that someone can instigate something with you, then bust you over the fact that you were willing to participate. If a damn cop is willing to race you, and you do and get busted, the cop was willing to participate too, so bust his *** as well. oh well, welcome to America.

Old 04-17-2005, 06:02 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
They are just about all seizures. And in Aventura, the drug trade is still strong, so there are some really sweet rides for some of the cops in that part of the world.

Old 04-17-2005, 06:34 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
They are just about all seizures. And in Aventura, the drug trade is still strong, so there are some really sweet rides for some of the cops in that part of the world.

Actually, most of the really cool stuff goes to auction. We don't get to keep or use some of the really nice cars. From time to time, they will keep one or two, put them into storage, and specify them as special use vehicles. Apparently they are just too expensive (insurance, maintenance, etc) for the gov't to hold on to. Kind of a bummer. I'm going to seize a brand new SL500 next week. Well, at least I'll get to drive it to the impound

Old 04-17-2005, 06:39 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Shank I have seen the EVO and the Nissan w/Virginia plates..

Old 04-17-2005, 07:26 AM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
I'm going to seize a brand new SL500 next week.
OK, OK, OK - I'll stop dealing if you just let me keep the car - please

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aventura, FL police dept.....undercover cars