996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Road racing K24 tune (done last Sat on Dyno Dynamics))

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2011 | 09:18 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MrWhite
Wish there was a good spot in LA to do that! But I'll get it done at a track or airfield. I hope for smth like that speed but I know a fast launch isn't going to be easy... 1st gear goes to 62mph.
Launch doesn't matter. In fact, I wouldn't launch your car hard at all, especially if you still have a road race alignment. That almost cost me a lot of money and shame at the drag strip (in AWD no less).

You can roll of the line, then stand on the gas, and still trap the same speed (sometimes higher).

Old 07-26-2011 | 10:02 AM
|
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SaintGT2
Numbers look good given the fuel. I use Dyno Dynamics all the time and with my last silver gt2, 5bar, UMW 1.1/1.2bar, 98oct I made 441rwhp. Tune for 95Octane I made 406rwhp. Can post dyno graph if you like.
Thx for the input!

Those numbers seem to fit very well. I had a 412hp run with clean air in the dyno, also I'm at 1.0/1.1 rather than 1.1/1.2 at the moment (we can easily change that), also we can probably find a little more on ignition and AFR - but I don't want to as in summer some Time Attack races here are at 100 deg F and I still want to shoot for fastest lap in those conditions without knock.

Would be a great comparison to see your graph as well from Dyno Dynamics with a similar setup.

Last edited by MrWhite; 07-26-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-26-2011 | 10:14 AM
|
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Launch doesn't matter. In fact, I wouldn't launch your car hard at all, especially if you still have a road race alignment. That almost cost me a lot of money and shame at the drag strip (in AWD no less).

You can roll of the line, then stand on the gas, and still trap the same speed (sometimes higher).
K cool thx.

Old 07-26-2011 | 04:53 PM
SaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really nice
Originally Posted by MrWhite
Thx for the input!

Those numbers seem to fit very well. I had a 412hp run with clean air in the dyno, also I'm at 1.0/1.1 rather than 1.1/1.2 at the moment (we can easily change that), also we can probably find a little more on ignition and AFR - but I don't want to as in summer some Time Attack races here are at 100 deg F and I still want to shoot for fastest lap in those conditions without knock.

Would be a great comparison to see your graph as well from Dyno Dynamics with a similar setup.
No Problem. Yes you will find that the dynodynamics that it will simulate a short track stint ie 10mins. When I run mine up and log it it shows similar intakes actually higher than the track at 32degC.

Attached Images