996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dog bones or toe-link kit??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:36 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lennon31987
do both, do as much as needed the first time so that you dont have to go back in again and again.
+1 very good idea

Old 08-01-2011, 10:56 AM
ek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud of
Which one make noises? Or both?

Old 08-01-2011, 01:10 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ek9max
Which one make noises? Or both?
GT3 control arms: No noise

Toe link: No noise

Dog bones: No noise, unless heim joints go south, as MK said above

Bottom line: If you want wide range of adjustability on camber and toe, and no noise, go with GT3 control arms and toe link. Do them at the same time, to avoid having to align the car a second time.

Jon

Old 08-01-2011, 02:51 PM
ek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud of
Well I am picking up the car tomorrow. The current owner is paying for new rear tires and alignment.

Some people say ill be ok without added parts since its only lowerred an inch. So I guess we will see tomorrow.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Well I am picking up the car tomorrow. The current owner is paying for new rear tires and alignment.

Some people say ill be ok without added parts since its only lowerred an inch. So I guess we will see tomorrow.
Get the alignment spec. You should have between -1 to -1.2 rear camber with minimal toe in if your worried about rear tire wear.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
Get the alignment spec. You should have between -1 to -1.2 rear camber with minimal toe in if your worried about rear tire wear.

I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get that without dog bones of toe links.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:37 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Toe link not necessary.
Toe link with either side solid make rear end a lot harsher over edge type "bumps" in the road. Those toe rubber bushings really do a lot of good work keeping the rear end a bit more compliant, especially freeway driving, freeway ramps.

Other than that if you feel you have too much camber dogbones can help you get rid of some.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:50 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I noticed that myself especially on the front. My whole front end has monoballs, including the inner lower control arms and the upper shock mounts. When I hit pavement transitions that are not smooth, the hit is "jarring".

Rubber in the suspension on a street going car is pretty critical.

Carl, did you get my PM on clutch materials over on the other site?

Mike Kelly

Old 08-02-2011, 08:22 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mikelly
I noticed that myself especially on the front. My whole front end has monoballs, including the inner lower control arms and the upper shock mounts. When I hit pavement transitions that are not smooth, the hit is "jarring".

Rubber in the suspension on a street going car is pretty critical.

Carl, did you get my PM on clutch materials over on the other site?

Mike Kelly
Yep Mike PMd you.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:54 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MrWhite
Toe link not necessary.
Toe link with either side solid make rear end a lot harsher over edge type "bumps" in the road. Those toe rubber bushings really do a lot of good work keeping the rear end a bit more compliant, especially freeway driving, freeway ramps.

Other than that if you feel you have too much camber dogbones can help you get rid of some.
I have RSS toe links and they are very noisy. Hate it and would love a bushing option.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:37 PM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW I have dog bones, bumpsteer/toesteer , solid trust arm bushing ect.

No noise what so ever.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:23 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
thanks for the response Mike. They are brand new and were installed 2 weeks ago. I will email you regarding them.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:47 PM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RSSmike
Hi XLR82XS,

If you hear noise from the Toe Links that means something is not right. Perhaps they are not installed or torqued correctly, the monoball bushings may be worn out, or you may be hearing something else.

I would suggest a through inspection of the components. If a monoball or any other part is worn and needs servicing, we do offer replacement components. We also offer optional dust boots which cover the monoball for those who live in harsh or extreme climate environments.

Let me know if I can be of assistance...
Thanks for taking an interest and helping out.

Too few vendors actually seem like they give a chit.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:23 PM
99jules has a spectacular aura about99jules has a spectacular aura about
Great thread as I had similar questions. I've been searching around on this and plan to lower to GT2 ride height. In this case, are either one or both kits still recommended or will stock be fine? Note, mostly for street use.

Thanks

Old 08-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Car is lowerred about an inch front and rear....

Do we need aftermartket dog bones or toe-links? Or both?

Get both. That what you'll have as much toe and camber adjustment you'll ever need. Also get some stiffer motor mounts. Factory 964RS or aftermarket Wevo's or RSS.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dog bones or toe-link kit??