996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Laguna Seca in the rain.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 01:33 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Laguna Seca in the rain.

All these rain videos lately being posted, i figured id share our precious 996 on the track!. I figured i would share my video. Sorry Mike for my remarks but i told you many times already!
I do let go of the steering wheel a few times to show my friend that the car is controled with the throttle mostly over steering when sliding in the wet. These are Hoosiers R6's tires in the rain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OihpS5ELg8U

Old 07-29-2011, 03:11 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
can you tell me what minutes she gets sideways ? (really sideways)

Old 07-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
A few little wiggles at 7:19, 11:19, 17:31, 19:09 but nothing really sideways.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Former Vendor
Mike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to behold
Great video, looks like it was a lot of fun!

Old 07-29-2011, 05:12 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Enrique, you owe me a fresh video bud, I've already seen that one!

Old 07-29-2011, 05:16 PM
NineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really nice
Awesome driving. Audio is a bit out of sync.

This is a 996 turbo? What mods?

Old 07-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
F1- you plan to join us Aug8th (Thunderhill) or Sept10th (Infineon)? We can get some more videos going, this time in the HOT-Dry!

Old 07-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
Thanks for posting, awesome.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:49 PM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Slider
A few little wiggles at 7:19, 11:19, 17:31, 19:09 but nothing really sideways.
Wiggles? He had to overcorrect by 1.5 full wheel turns a couple of times, and considering he is coming out of the corner in 3rd gear, I wouldn't call those wiggles, unless by sideways, you mean drifting or spinning out of control.

Nice car control Enrique.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Respo is infamous around these parts
Look you having fun in the rain and nice driving

Old 08-01-2011, 04:30 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Elvis@Vossen
Great video, looks like it was a lot of fun!
It was a lot of fun!

Originally Posted by kwei
Enrique, you owe me a fresh video bud, I've already seen that one!
Haha will upload some new backroad driving vids for you how do you like the straight pipes so far ?

Originally Posted by NineElevenLover
Awesome driving. Audio is a bit out of sync.

This is a 996 turbo? What mods?
Thank you Sir. It is a 996 turbo. I have ecu flash/kw clubsports with dog bones/toe links/gt3 control arms on that run. Thats it. For suspesion at least. Engine only ecu flash.

Originally Posted by Etchhead
F1- you plan to join us Aug8th (Thunderhill) or Sept10th (Infineon)? We can get some more videos going, this time in the HOT-Dry!
I'm thinking about it sir ! I wnat some Pirelli Slicks !

Originally Posted by Porsche323
Thanks for posting, awesome.
Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by tvr-4
Wiggles? He had to overcorrect by 1.5 full wheel turns a couple of times, and considering he is coming out of the corner in 3rd gear, I wouldn't call those wiggles, unless by sideways, you mean drifting or spinning out of control.

Nice car control Enrique.
Thank you sir ! I practice hard.. : )

Originally Posted by Respo
Look you having fun in the rain and nice driving

I love driving in the rain !

Old 08-01-2011, 04:39 PM
NineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really nice
Did you have your windows open?

Old 08-01-2011, 08:14 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
how do you like the straight pipes so far ?
Love them, thanks again: )

Old 08-01-2011, 08:18 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NineElevenLover
Did you have your windows open?

Mandatory that windows are down while driving, including almost every racing group other than pro's.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Mandatory that windows are down while driving, including almost every racing group other than pro's.
That's why I asked... didn't seem like they were down.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca in the rain.