996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

oil filter housing size?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 01:58 PM
ek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud of
oil filter housing size?

I'm trying to get a oil filter removal tool to change my oil this weekend for the first time. Does anybody know the size? The parts guy needs to know that to match up the tool.

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-05-2011, 02:30 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
I bought the tool from Pelican parts, I can say this, I use

the Porsche tool to remove/replace my Mobile 1 oil filter from my 2006 Toyota Tacoma V6, maybe that will help.

The oil filter part # is M1-102 for the Tacoma

Originally Posted by ek9max
I'm trying to get a oil filter removal tool to change my oil this weekend for the first time. Does anybody know the size? The parts guy needs to know that to match up the tool.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by JSBear; 08-05-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:43 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
As a follow-up, looks like 74-76mm. Example below.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Porsche-200...6_3.6L/ES8202/

Last edited by JSBear; 08-05-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:35 PM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
Buy the porsche one my friend! I just finished changing mine an hour ago. It took me 2 trips to autozone and about 45 minutes to get filter off

Old 08-06-2011, 12:41 AM
ek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud of
Porsche didn't have the tool to sell me. Auto value had a 76mm cap in stock put it I. The filter when I got home. Feels pretty snug. We will see tomorrow.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:17 AM
PAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ek9max
Porsche didn't have the tool to sell me. Auto value had a 76mm cap in stock put it I. The filter when I got home. Feels pretty snug. We will see tomorrow.
I had a lot of trouble finding one that fit- so I bought the Porsche one from Sunset.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
I hated the idea of buying the overpriced porshe one but I didn't want to go through all the pain of trying to find an aftermarket one that would fit so I just bought it. Hopefully your aftermarket one works well for you.