996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rev issue: Hit 0.7 bar but not rev over 5Krpm in all gears...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 05:30 AM
boyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really nice
Originally Posted by winnigt2
failures like this could have many sources

ignition: spark plugs or coils......issue is when boost ore torque comes into play

boost leak.....issue low boost or with big leak cel and no power

fuel pressure....issue most under boost

maf.....issue hesitation at acceleration/disconnect maf and try it again

you have to check all systematic with durametric and a little test equipment before you change parts/ LOOK AT LIFETIME DATA/LOG File durin
g failure
only sometimes you find exotic failures like worn cats/def ecu`s......
As I am going to track on Jan, so my thought is changing those parts is a must later on.....but they didn't resolve my issue, workshop just rang me and told me the problem still exists, the only part is the MAF they expected, which I didn't get it back yet....

Old 09-01-2011, 05:45 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Is that the only code you have had:

0-36.5
P0175

Oxygen Sensing Adaptation, Idle Range, Bank 2 –
Below Limit
Diagnosis conditions
Oxygen sensing system active

Time elapsed after engine start-up: 250 to 350 seconds (USA)

Time elapsed after engine start-up: 302 to 402 seconds (RoW)

Engine temperature greater than 60 °C

Possible fault cause
Incorrect signal from MAF sensor

Fuel pressure too high

Fuel injector leaking

EVAP canister purge valve open

Affected terminals
-
Diagnosis/Troubleshooting
If DTC P0445 (fuel tank vent valve - short to ground) is stored, correct this fault first. An open EVAP canister
purge valve can lead to the lean threshold being reached.

For vehicles in the USA, the upper load range will probably not be reached. The only case in which a fault could
be stored is during driving while towing a trailer or caravan on a hill.

Contrary adaptation values in connection with misfiring point to incorrectly adjusted control timescheck control
times and adjust if necessary.

If the fuel tank reserve light is switched on, no fault is entered.

Or have you some more codes??

It does say Maf above, so may be worth at least trying one. I always keep a spare in the car, wrapped up in a small sweet tin. Just in case.lol

Old 09-01-2011, 06:10 AM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boyg
As I am going to track on Jan, so my thought is changing those parts is a must later on.....but they didn't resolve my issue, workshop just rang me and told me the problem still exists, the only part is the MAF they expected, which I didn't get it back yet....
if the maf did not work correct /disconnect maf and run engine with this quick test

Old 09-01-2011, 06:23 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Subscribed! Hopefully you can resolve your problem soon!

Old 09-01-2011, 06:52 AM
boyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really nice
Originally Posted by Sunnyside
Is that the only code you have had:

0-36.5
P0175

Oxygen Sensing Adaptation, Idle Range, Bank 2 –
Below Limit
Diagnosis conditions
Oxygen sensing system active

Time elapsed after engine start-up: 250 to 350 seconds (USA)

Time elapsed after engine start-up: 302 to 402 seconds (RoW)

Engine temperature greater than 60 °C

Possible fault cause
Incorrect signal from MAF sensor

Fuel pressure too high

Fuel injector leaking

EVAP canister purge valve open

Affected terminals
-
Diagnosis/Troubleshooting
If DTC P0445 (fuel tank vent valve - short to ground) is stored, correct this fault first. An open EVAP canister
purge valve can lead to the lean threshold being reached.

For vehicles in the USA, the upper load range will probably not be reached. The only case in which a fault could
be stored is during driving while towing a trailer or caravan on a hill.

Contrary adaptation values in connection with misfiring point to incorrectly adjusted control timescheck control
times and adjust if necessary.

If the fuel tank reserve light is switched on, no fault is entered.

Or have you some more codes??

It does say Maf above, so may be worth at least trying one. I always keep a spare in the car, wrapped up in a small sweet tin. Just in case.lol

Yes, this is the only code I have.
My suggestion having at the moment is going to MAF now...

Last edited by boyg; 09-01-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:53 AM
if the maf did not work correct /disconnect maf and run engine with this quick test
Have just tried to unplug the MAF and it behaves the same, so sounds like not about it?

Hesitate since 4xxx rpm, keeps like missfire and not rev smooth.

Last edited by boyg; 09-01-2011 at 06:57 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:56 AM
Besides, my workshop told me they seen some of the plugs are not burning in average, but there are too many reason causing this.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:03 AM
For the MAF, I saw there is Bosch and one without brand, price is half, any idea?

Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 AM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
Have just tried to unplug the MAF and it behaves the same, so sounds like not about it?

Hesitate since 4xxx rpm, keeps like missfire and not rev smooth.
the result tells at the moment the maf should work.....

next would test fpr....at the fuelfilter is a valve/connection to do that quick...test fuelpressure....if engine stand still 3,8bar activate fuelpump with with durametric.... under load test at street add boost 0.7=
bar....4,5bar....

Last edited by winnigt2; 09-01-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:57 AM
the result tells at the moment the maf should work.....

next would test fpr....at the fuelfilter is a valve/connection to do that quick...test fuelpressure....idle 3,8bar.... under load add boost 0.7=
bar....4,5bar....
Fuel pump and MAF are my workshop suggest to go next...
Unplug it and use meter to measure it?

Old 09-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Fuel pump and MAF are my workshop suggest to go next...
Unplug it and use meter to measure it?
use meter and do in line with the fuelhose....(engine stand still 3,8 bar...under load with added boost+ 0,7 bar= 4,5bar)

Last edited by winnigt2; 09-01-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:32 AM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
i had the same problem,it was O2 sensor without any fault code in the memory,i datalogged the car and recognised that the bank 2 was running lean,and since i replaced it my problem is solved.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by autodynamics
i had the same problem,it was O2 sensor without any fault code in the memory,i datalogged the car and recognised that the bank 2 was running lean,and since i replaced it my problem is solved.
that could be a problem too...correct....with datalog you must see different signals..so you can change left to right....(and if the failures goes to the other side you are shure the lambda is dead)

Old 09-01-2011, 09:12 AM
use meter and do in line with the fuelhose....(engine stand still 3,8 bar...under load with added boost+ 0,7 bar= 4,5bar)
Will have a try on weekend, under load which is pressing the pedal in natural shift?

Old 09-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by autodynamics
Thanks for advise, but you know, there were too many things come up with different owners resolving their similar issue on different parts..

Plugs - replaced
F hose - replaced
DVs - replaced
All turbo hose - replaced
Coils - replaced

............but my issue is still the same, poor me, so O2 sensors now in my list too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rev issue: Hit 0.7 bar but not rev over 5Krpm in all gears...