996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Exhaust-ingly Interesting Similarities

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 12:38 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Exhaust-ingly Interesting Similarities

Old 04-21-2005, 12:41 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice

Old 04-21-2005, 12:42 PM
jaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the rough
what is the second exhaust?

Old 04-21-2005, 01:03 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Looks like PSIMotorsports to me.

Old 04-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by jaykla
what is the second exhaust?
Its a PSI Muffler.We are a Belgium race team and tuner. At the moment we have the quickest Porsche race car in the world.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Neil,
Modesty will get you nowhere )

By the way, where are the prices for the mods on my S??

Dave

Old 04-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Banned
Dave sorry mate.

You are next

Old 04-21-2005, 02:19 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Ont Wait, I do see da zimilarities

Old 04-21-2005, 06:34 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
It's funny, no matter what the product is, if it is a great product, others will always try to imitate it.

Strange, they are both from Belgium.

Last edited by cjv; 04-21-2005 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:11 PM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
^^ looks kinda different to me... haha

Last edited by luting_chen; 04-21-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:16 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Arm
Other than the expandable bellows and heat shielding, it looks more like a Fabspeed to me.
A ................. flanges, kats, mufflers, shields, shield bolts, bands, bellows, etc. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

One question, can someone tell me if some of the parts were not in fact Europipe parts? Definitely were not Europipe weld quality.

Last edited by cjv; 04-21-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:58 PM
Banned
Originally posted by cjv
A ................. flanges, kats, mufflers, shields, shield bolts, bands, bellows, etc. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

One question, can someone tell me if some of the parts were not in fact Europipe parts? Definitely were not Europipe weld quality.
Chad, with all due respect, you should be more up on "the facts" before speaking about it. Our materials for the PSI muffler are furnished from vendors in Europe and have nothing to do with EP. (Are you saying......"EP manufactures flanges, kats, mufflers, shield, shield bolts, bands, bellows, etc.?")

As regards to the weld quality, have you physically seen a PSI muffler? Believe me, I have first-hand experience with both systems. Certain members of this board can come to their own conclusions about the quality of the PSI system, as they have, themselves, seen both systems.

Chad, as for who copies whom, you should do some research to find out who is doing "what" for "whom". You would be surprised to find out what the answer is. "PSI provides R & D for more European tuners than you realize."

Old 04-21-2005, 11:00 PM
chumpulump is infamous around these parts
Hi Neil--

Is your address for psimotorsport correct? When I head over to www.psimotorsport.com, it says that the domain name has expired.

Old 04-21-2005, 11:06 PM
Banned
Steve my web address is ortonusa.com
The PSI web address is psi-motorsport.com

Neil

Old 04-22-2005, 03:03 AM
cjv
Originally posted by Neil
Chad, with all due respect, you should be more up on "the facts" before speaking about it. Our materials for the PSI muffler are furnished from vendors in Europe and have nothing to do with EP. (Are you saying......"EP manufactures flanges, kats, mufflers, shield, shield bolts, bands, bellows, etc.?")

As regards to the weld quality, have you physically seen a PSI muffler? Believe me, I have first-hand experience with both systems. Certain members of this board can come to their own conclusions about the quality of the PSI system, as they have, themselves, seen both systems.

Chad, as for who copies whom, you should do some research to find out who is doing "what" for "whom". You would be surprised to find out what the answer is. "PSI provides R & D for more European tuners than you realize."
Neil,

I guess I'm trying you read between the lines as to what is being said. Are you saying that Europipe purchases many of the above parts from other manufacturer's and PSI went to many of the same manufacturer's and purchased many of the same parts?

I am taking it a step further, please correct me if I am wrong. It appears PSI used the Europipe basic design eliminating the expansion chambers (replacing them with medium sweep bends).

Addressing welding ........... I do professionally qualify as am expert under ASME guidelines. I have an opinion based on pics provided. If you could provide proceedure and welder qualifications I could provide a detailed analysis. In all fairness, from the pics I have seen of the PSI exhaust, it appears the weld process changed at some point.

My responses to this subject are in the spirit of fairness and open mindedness.

Last edited by cjv; 04-22-2005 at 03:27 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust-ingly Interesting Similarities