996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dammit Effing Hell...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 10:06 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Re: Re: Dammit Effing Hell...

Originally posted by Gary (Fl)

Hey Alex... Thanks for starting off my day with a laugh... Great post.....
That's what I'm here for pal

Old 04-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Pinto's come with great MAF's..... No problems here.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:09 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by PorschePhd
Honestly I have only blown one in 40K+ miles. That was my fault to. I got to close to the air box with my air hose. I was blowing crap out of the surrounding area and blew directly into the channel. Pops the MAF in a second.
That's supposed to make me feel better ? I thought we all lost one at the shoot out for one reason or another?

I got fuel cut when hard into boost and that was the end of that on this one.

I swear, my car eats MAFs, drive shafts, turbos, headers and wires for a living. She's one hungry SOB.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Redlinerobert
Pinto's come with great MAF's..... No problems here.
Must be the Italian influence there bro. You know they prolly susbstitute the MAF with some Rigatoni.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Ghetto!

Old 04-22-2005, 11:05 AM
tsky is infamous around these parts
Re: Dammit Effing Hell...

Originally posted by sharkster

PS Which idiot in Germany decided to DISABLE ABS at the same time. OK fine get rid of PSM just because your POS MAF doesn't want to work anymore but are you trying to kill me by taking away ABS as well? Sheeet...
That's odd. Sounds like a software glitch. When the ABS is disabled, does the ABS light come on? So as to at least warn you that you don't have ABS/PSM?

p.s. Nice rant!

Last edited by tsky; 04-22-2005 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
One here and my car only had 17,000 miles, why does this car burn so much Fin OIL?

Old 04-22-2005, 12:36 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Itzkirb
Ghetto!
what does panda meat taste like?

Old 04-22-2005, 01:17 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by sharkster
That's supposed to make me feel better ? I thought we all lost one at the shoot out for one reason or another?

I got fuel cut when hard into boost and that was the end of that on this one.

I swear, my car eats MAFs, drive shafts, turbos, headers and wires for a living. She's one hungry SOB.
Nope, not all all. Stop licking the MAF hot dog.

Mine didn't go bad, I had so many PSM codes from tire mismatch and the dyno it locked my ABS and PSM down. I was getting PSM codes from rolling radius difference.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Nope, not all all. Stop licking the MAF hot dog.

Mine didn't go bad, I had so many PSM codes from tire mismatch and the dyno it locked my ABS and PSM down. I was getting PSM codes from rolling radius difference.
Licking Dude.. I use them as Bong, or at least I should

I've had the tire thing too. I mean I run 275s in the front and 335s in the rear....

Old 04-22-2005, 01:48 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I was running 245/355. That was the issue. I was told that would be right according to Toyo.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:54 PM
I was running 245/355. That was the issue. I was told that would be right according to Toyo.
355s? Damn dog...

Old 04-22-2005, 02:15 PM
oops 335s

Old 04-22-2005, 02:38 PM
oops 335s
Hehe you had me going! Either that or you had a Viper

Old 04-22-2005, 02:38 PM
GENERAL LEE is infamous around these parts
Sorry for the stupid question, but what's the MAF?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.