996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dammit Effing Hell...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 03:31 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Dammit Effing Hell...

One thing I hate about our TTs, GT2s etc... is the POS, cheap ***, bollocks-to-the-chopper, assanine, mother or all turd MAFs that we have. Thank you so much BOSCH for making me fork out almost 1K so dar this year just for 3 MAFs. I love you...

Yeps I've blown three of em so far this year (and my car was down for 6 weeks at that!) and I'm getting peeved with them.

Please please please please somebody make an "aftermarket" one that can take more abuse. BMWs, Supras, etc... all have "replacement kits" or of course they go to standalones and use MAP sensors instead. It's only a bit of voltage dammit but why must our MAFs be such a pile of ****?

How many of you guys have had your MAFs go out?

PS Which idiot in Germany decided to DISABLE ABS at the same time. OK fine get rid of PSM just because your POS MAF doesn't want to work anymore but are you trying to kill me by taking away ABS as well? Sheeet... Why? I tell you what Frans and Hans, on the 997TT if the MAF goes out why don't you stop the effing sun roof from opening. How about that? Or better still convescate the cup holders and jam them shut whilst disabling PASM but for pete's sake leave ABS on. We saw what happened with Johannes Van O' in my car at the shootout when you get rid of ABS for no good reason...

Last edited by sharkster; 04-22-2005 at 03:33 AM.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:41 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Alex,
What actually goes wrong? What causes the problem?

Old 04-22-2005, 05:47 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Great rant Alex!!!

Old 04-22-2005, 06:15 AM
aj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a good project for your tuning company?? Maybe could sub it out to a company that makes them for other imports?

Old 04-22-2005, 06:34 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Re: Dammit Effing Hell...

Originally posted by sharkster
One thing I hate about our TTs, GT2s etc... is the POS, cheap ***, bollocks-to-the-chopper, assanine, mother or all turd MAFs that we have. Thank you so much BOSCH for making me fork out almost 1K so dar this year just for 3 MAFs. I love you...

Yeps I've blown three of em so far this year (and my car was down for 6 weeks at that!) and I'm getting peeved with them.

Please please please please somebody make an "aftermarket" one that can take more abuse. BMWs, Supras, etc... all have "replacement kits" or of course they go to standalones and use MAP sensors instead. It's only a bit of voltage dammit but why must our MAFs be such a pile of ****?

How many of you guys have had your MAFs go out?

PS Which idiot in Germany decided to DISABLE ABS at the same time. OK fine get rid of PSM just because your POS MAF doesn't want to work anymore but are you trying to kill me by taking away ABS as well? Sheeet... Why? I tell you what Frans and Hans, on the 997TT if the MAF goes out why don't you stop the effing sun roof from opening. How about that? Or better still convescate the cup holders and jam them shut whilst disabling PASM but for pete's sake leave ABS on. We saw what happened with Johannes Van O' in my car at the shootout when you get rid of ABS for no good reason...

Hey Alex... Thanks for starting off my day with a laugh... Great post.....

Old 04-22-2005, 07:14 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts

Old 04-22-2005, 07:15 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly I have only blown one in 40K+ miles. That was my fault to. I got to close to the air box with my air hose. I was blowing crap out of the surrounding area and blew directly into the channel. Pops the MAF in a second.

Old 04-22-2005, 07:31 AM
ebaker is infamous around these parts
Mine went out at 25K. Stock air filter, no abuse. Can a bad one be cleaned/repaired?

Old 04-22-2005, 09:34 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
mine was replaced around 25k too. luckily, i never pushed hard enuf to require abs.

practice slow in fast out, alex

Old 04-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
Alex, call me.
2 year warranty on Porsche parts....

Old 04-22-2005, 09:49 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing to fix them. It is the film on them that goes bad.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:53 AM
DMS
DMS is infamous around these parts
Time to scrap that POS stock ECU. I could tune you into the nines without that bloody thing.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:58 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Brian Haske
Alex, call me.
2 year warranty on Porsche parts....
Only Brian Haske to the rescue... I tell ya' folks... we're lucky to have him in the Bay Area... For real.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by KPV
Alex,
What actually goes wrong? What causes the problem?
Well yesterday for example... I was on an on ramp and stepped on it (really stepped on it) and the car just started pulling like a freight train until it hit "fuel cut" and the MAF went bye bye It's hard to pin point.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by rockitman
Great rant Alex!!!
I do what I can

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.