996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Softronic help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
As far as after support, I responded to every single one of your emails within hours of you sending them to me. I am sorry I cannot get you the answer you want.

Last edited by vividracing; 02-01-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:28 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Maybe try running it with the stock file and see if the car dies etc... to eliminate whether or not it's a hardware issue? Could be some tip-in/throttle map settings if it is software?

Old 08-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Scott has been made aware of the situation and will work on something for you. Apparently you have a Boxster that was flashed too and he thought it was that car. I will email you when I have something.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Hello,

There seams to have been some confusion as Softronic had replied back about the LWFW and the customer info that we had checked on was:

XXXXX XXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX@XXXXXXX.com
2004 Porsche 986 Boxster S
6MT
98RON
Catless headers,cat delete midpipes,muffler (Fully catless exhaust)
Agency Power intake
(Will need o2 sensors turned off)

I have deleted the email and name in which was this customers and was listed above as a "2004 Porsche 986 Boxster S ... We had been given his name and found this info and not that it was a 996TT. This car listed would not require a file change for a LWFW when added. The last email was asking what type of flywheel was added as it has never been an issue.

I had now just been given this link as to the post and noticed it was under the 996TT section. We checked again and found that he had 2 cars flashed and one was the Boxster and another a 996TT in which apparently he was asking about yet the Boxster was pulled up and not the 996TT.

So to sum it all up the Boxster would not require an updated file for a LWFW yet the 996TT may depending on the type used if stalling.

Softronic is in the process of updating the web site and adding much more info etc. The official Softronic site is Softronic.US.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 08-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Maybe try running it with the stock file and see if the car dies etc... to eliminate whether or not it's a hardware issue? Could be some tip-in/throttle map settings if it is software?
Good point however the problem was that I only received his name and he has also has BoxsterS that our system pulled up. The BoxsterS wouldn't have required a altered file yet now after finding out it it was a 996TT in question I found another flashed car in which apparently is what he was asking about and not the Boxster.....

Yes I can alter the file for the 996TT LWFW when added yet it is not required for the BoxsterS.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:29 PM
zerotohundred is infamous around these parts
...and this is why i'm a return customer,and will continue to be for the foreseeable future! Customer service from both the vendor and tuner are perfect.

Apologies for not clarifying with either of you,i'd forgotten that information stored under my name might cause some confusion. Just thought i'd add that the flywheel i've used is an Aasco aluminium flywheel (14.85lbs).