996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Softronic help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:23 AM
zerotohundred is infamous around these parts
Softronic help!

Hey all,been lurking for a while and all the info here has been invaluable. I've been running a softronic tune on a basically stock car (catless exhaust,headers),but with the addition of a lightweight flywheel I'm stalling heaps when pulling up to a stop.

Been in contact with Dan of Vivid Racing (through whom I purchased the tune) but he's mentioned that all he can do is ask the Softronic people about an updated file. Is there a direct line to Softronic I can email? I'm willing to pay for the update but would prefer not to have to buy a whole new file.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I'd be interested in hearing how this goes down... I just installed the Softronic tune by way of Dan as well and I am a big fan of after-service support. I'm not having any trouble - I'm still in the evaluation phase, but it is always good to know the vendor will stand behind his product and step up if you have any issues at all.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:09 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zerotohundred
Hey all,been lurking for a while and all the info here has been invaluable. I've been running a softronic tune on a basically stock car (catless exhaust,headers),but with the addition of a lightweight flywheel I'm stalling heaps when pulling up to a stop.

Been in contact with Dan of Vivid Racing (through whom I purchased the tune) but he's mentioned that all he can do is ask the Softronic people about an updated file. Is there a direct line to Softronic I can email? I'm willing to pay for the update but would prefer not to have to buy a whole new file.
Google Softronic Guess what shows up as the first result

Old 08-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by IAPorscheDoc
Google Softronic Guess what shows up as the first result
Point taken,i know about the .us website as well...even though the watermark's current,i get the impression it's not updated much. The first result just points me back to Vivid,which isn't much help here unfortunately!

Will send them an email through the form regardless,thanks for the heads up.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !

If you bought it from Dan you have to go thru Vivid. Softronic will not talk to you... the dealers are there to help. Usually they are pretty good about it.

what do you mean by "would prefer not to have to buy a whole new file". If your due for an update then you will pay the same price via Dan as will Softronic.
I'm not understanding your problem...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
If you bought it from Dan you have to go thru Vivid. Softronic will not talk to you... the dealers are there to help. Usually they are pretty good about it.

what do you mean by "would prefer not to have to buy a whole new file". If your due for an update then you will pay the same price via Dan as will Softronic.
I'm not understanding your problem...
Fair enough. I was under the impression that they could offer an update for new modifications (as with say,APR or GIAC's stages) at little or no charge. No harm,no foul - i was mistaken

So i basically need to re-purchase the tune off Vivid?

Old 08-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Fair enough. I was under the impression that they could offer an update for new modifications (as with say,APR or GIAC's stages) at little or no charge. No harm,no foul - i was mistaken

So i basically need to re-purchase the tune off Vivid?
Why do you have to repurchase? are you asking for an upgrade to your tune or is this for another car? some companies charge lets say $500 more upfront and offer free upgrades later.. some are half the price without the upgrades.. then you pay later.. what Im really confused is why are you calling it Re- purchase?
its an upgrade.. not a re purchase... if you paid lets say $1500 for a tune... now you want a re tune because you want to run bigger injectors and or turbos... and the dealer says $500... well its still less then other companies that charge $2500 for a tune.. upfront... look at it from both sides.. in the end you end up paying the same...

click to view

Old 08-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Why do you have to repurchase? are you asking for an upgrade to your tune or is this for another car? some companies charge lets say $500 more upfront and offer free upgrades later.. some are half the price without the upgrades.. then you pay later.. what Im really confused is why are you calling it Re- purchase?
its an upgrade.. not a re purchase... if you paid lets say $1500 for a tune... now you want a re tune because you want to run bigger injectors and or turbos... and the dealer says $500... well its still less then other companies that charge $2500 for a tune.. upfront... look at it from both sides.. in the end you end up paying the same...
Basically,i need an upgrade to my tune to deal with the lightweight flywheel. I've already got a tune from Softronic through Dan of Vivid Racing,who's tried to ask Softronic themselves if they can do the upgrade and if there's a cost involved. Softronic has not replied in 2 weeks and it looks like my only alternative may be to buy a new tune from them in order to get the upgrade - which i would like to avoid doing as i would then have to pay $1550 again.

On a side note,Dan's been awesome with the speed of his replies and i'm very happy with Vivid's customer service!

Old 08-24-2011, 08:51 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
when you buy a tune/flash its a one time purchase, if you later decide to make more upgrades to you car which require more tuning you have to pay for the tuning, if you use the same tuning company they will probably give you a discount, just because you buy a tune doesnt mean they will keep re-tuning your car for free every time you need it

if you pay someone to wash your car they wont come back and wash it for free just cos you drove through a muddy puddle

Old 08-24-2011, 09:02 PM
I get that now - just trying to get a better understanding of the way Softronic works.

I've used other tuners in the past for VAG cars which offer lifetime updates,in my noobness i guess i assumed all other tuners would be similar.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
IMO LWFW is for the birds... one of the only "upgrades" I paid to have removed. Good riddance. I know lots of people like it, it was great fun for blip downshifts but totally weak for around town driveability. GIAC was nice enough to give me a file, but honestly, the car revs faster with the stock FW and increased throttle response.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
Exactly.. I do not even recommend them anymore... car dies at idle.. or during coasting....

click to view

Old 08-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Good advice,i've just placed an order for one from Pelican...shouldn't have thrown my old one out! Guess i won't need that upgraded tune now

Old 08-25-2011, 02:54 AM
GT2996TT has a spectacular aura aboutGT2996TT has a spectacular aura about
It's easy enough to make a car idle decently with a LWFW, I can't believe Mark recommends stock DMFWs for cars producing over 1k HP...

Old 08-25-2011, 07:19 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
IMO LWFW is for the birds... one of the only "upgrades" I paid to have removed. Good riddance. I know lots of people like it, it was great fun for blip downshifts but totally weak for around town driveability. GIAC was nice enough to give me a file, but honestly, the car revs faster with the stock FW and increased throttle response.
i drove one with it and hated every second of it, would never reccomend it to anyone

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Softronic help!