996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Some quick pics of my new Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 07:44 AM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Lou,

You win the game buddy... looks sick,

Is that the new Miami "Trim" Mobile?

Especially love the tips and exhaust

Good Luck bro.. Ocean drive is calling that car

Old 04-23-2005, 08:22 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Nice bud - nice

Old 04-23-2005, 12:27 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

The exhaust and tips are Cargraphic and they will fit an 01-05 Turbo.

I don't know when I will be back in Miami, have to take care of the wives back in Chicago for a while............

My next plans are a strosek rear wing blade, front chin spoiler and I'm painting the stock side skirts and bumperettes jet black. They should be done shortly and I will post updated pics.

As far as engine mods, I have a Cargraphic exhaust and BMC airfilter already on the car. I got on the car hard for the first time last night and was hitting 1.0 bar without trouble. Honestly the car feels just as fast as my EVO Stage 2 Turbo did. The car is fast and I am pretty happy with it right now. Interested to dyno it as it feels much much faster than my friends X50. I am sure in a couple months I'll want more

Instead of going the coilover route, taking into account the horrible roads, the fact that I don't keep a car long , and I won't be tracking the car much if at all, I went with techart lowering springs. They are top notch and am VERY happy with them. I used them on my Turbo Can after the H&R spring fiasco and was very satisfied. The car sits at a nice height and the handling is better if not quite as good as coilovers would be. I had to order Turbo Coupe specific springs as the spring rate is different from the ones I had on my cab. I would suggest this set-up for anyone who isn't a track guy.

Lou

Last edited by LSM; 04-23-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:32 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
lou,

the car looks hawt...

the strosek wing will for sure look great on your car...

Attached Images  
Old 04-23-2005, 04:48 PM
gobie18 is infamous around these parts
Hi Lou

I really like the ride height on your TT, I want to do the same setup on my turbo to get rid of the big gap after installing some HRE 19's. Can you tell me hows the ride feel compare to stock. Are you using the stock shocks? And also, can you tell me where to buy the techart springs. Thanks for the info.

Gobie
2002 996TT

Old 04-23-2005, 05:34 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by gobie18
Hi Lou

I really like the ride height on your TT, I want to do the same setup on my turbo to get rid of the big gap after installing some HRE 19's. Can you tell me hows the ride feel compare to stock. Are you using the stock shocks? And also, can you tell me where to buy the techart springs. Thanks for the info.

Gobie
2002 996TT
You simply replace the stock springs with the techart springs. Of note, the techart springs use a teflon spacer on the buttom so that the car won't SAG as is prevalent with H&R springs. The ride is a little more harsh, but, it is accomppanied by slightly better cornering.

For Techart Springs PM Arling (20C4S) He owns Lucent, they are the best!! Good luckk

Lou

Old 04-23-2005, 06:05 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by LSM
As far as engine mods, I have a Cargraphic exhaust and BMC airfilter already on the car. I got on the car hard for the first time last night and was hitting 1.0 bar without trouble. Honestly the car feels just as fast as my EVO Stage 2 Turbo did. The car is fast and I am pretty happy with it right now. Interested to dyno it as it feels much much faster than my friends X50. I am sure in a couple months I'll want more
Hi Lou,
Sweet car. Question Your seeing 1.0 bar boost with just airfilter and exhaust on an x50?
I see a maximum of .9 in the upper rpm ranges?

Old 04-23-2005, 07:12 PM
kev993tt is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Sweet ride

I like it

Old 04-24-2005, 07:44 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful Turbo S Lou, well worth the wait. Killer looking wheels as well.

Old 04-24-2005, 11:53 AM
B7R
B7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura about
Talking Please Change Your Z8 Pic. Now

Nice Car ..... & very Beautiful wheels

I also noticed that you got a new "Exhaust" ..... what is it ?

Old 04-24-2005, 12:49 PM
LSM
I had the exhaust from my old car. It is a Cargraphic Super Sound. Best exhaust imo. I posted sound clips of the exhaust, if you want them again, let me know.

Lou

Old 04-24-2005, 12:50 PM
LSM
Originally posted by paneraiwatches
Hi Lou,
Sweet car. Question Your seeing 1.0 bar boost with just airfilter and exhaust on an x50?
I see a maximum of .9 in the upper rpm ranges?
It sustains .9 bar no problem and I got several at 1.0 bar. The car feels really really strong. As strong as my old 2003 Turbo with evo stage 2. I dunno, maybe the exhaust and BMC filter are why.

Lou

Old 04-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Lou,
Why bother painting the side skirts and rear bumperettes? Your car is black, who the heck is ever even going to notice?

Old 04-24-2005, 01:11 PM
LSM
Originally posted by Rave TT
Lou,
Why bother painting the side skirts and rear bumperettes? Your car is black, who the heck is ever even going to notice?
Well, you're probably right, but, I'll notice. Saw a black turbo with the side skirts painted and it actually gives the appearance of the car looking lower. Not sure why, but, it definately looked better to me.

Lou

Old 04-24-2005, 01:28 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Any interior pics lou?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some quick pics of my new Turbo S