996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Is front camber adjustable without GT3 arms?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 11:09 AM
vbzatty is infamous around these parts
Is front camber adjustable without GT3 arms?

I am in the process of upgrading my suspension and so far have the following parts:

Techart coilovers
Front/rear strut plates (not adjustable)
Eibach sway bars
Adjustable drop links front and rear
Adjustable solid thrust bushings
Rear upper arms
Rear toe links

It seems this will tranform the handling and allow me to dial in the alignment. My question though is camber adjustment on the front. How is it adjusted without adjustable camber plates or GT3 arms? Should I still get them for the front and rear?

Colby

Old 08-31-2011, 11:20 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
It is adjustable through the slots in the strut towers but at most you will get -1.2 or so and that is if you are lowered to GT2 height. The GT3 control arms make it a breeze with the added benefit of increased track. Just make sure you mount the arms in reverse ( left arm on right side snd vice versa) and use the off centre diagonal brace location which will allow you to keep caster in spec.
If you don't do this you will rub on the front fender liners in most cases.....

Originally Posted by vbzatty
I am in the process of upgrading my suspension and so far have the following parts:

Techart coilovers
Front/rear strut plates (not adjustable)
Eibach sway bars
Adjustable drop links front and rear
Adjustable solid thrust bushings
Rear upper arms
Rear toe links

It seems this will tranform the handling and allow me to dial in the alignment. My question though is camber adjustment on the front. How is it adjusted without adjustable camber plates or GT3 arms? Should I still get them for the front and rear?

Colby

Old 08-31-2011, 11:47 AM
vbzatty is infamous around these parts
The mode strut plates have an additional 1 degree of camber built in. That would get me 2 degrees of negative camber which should be enough.

Colby

Old 08-31-2011, 12:27 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vbzatty
The mode strut plates have an additional 1 degree of camber built in. That would get me 2 degrees of negative camber which should be enough.

Colby
That should work. I believe the only drawback with the modes is that they raise your ride height in the front by about 1/2 inch, if I'm not mistaken.