996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Opening with key after 5 days

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Opening with key after 5 days

It's rare -- but a couple of times I've had to open the car door with my key after the car goes to "sleep" after the 5 days. However, it seems that when I do use the key, I always end of triggering the alarm -- which I then turn off with the fob. Am I not opening the door correctly? What's the trick?

Old 09-04-2011, 11:37 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
I usually just turn the key in the door, then press the button on the fob to "unlock". Turning the key I guess just wakes the car up and then still have to unlock with the fob.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:27 PM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
you still have to unlock the car after turning the key as the security system is still armed. I also do what rainey said. After you unlock the door you have a little bit of time to hit the unlock button and disable the alarm.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:49 PM
996twin_sc is infamous around these parts
Mine does the same thing......as already suggested, I unlock with key and press unlock on FOB immediately after.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
OK. Thanks. So what happens if your fob dies? Can you open the door and disarm the alarm with just the key?