996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dynoed my turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 12:00 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by soloracer996TT
You are going to have to explain this one. My understanding is a dynojet compensates for altitude. It's part of the Winpep software.
I believe and know you are right,,,Their are correction factors built in that compensate for that and other variables to make it a standard for comparison sakes,,,Not perfect though,as each dynos software and mechanics varies from manufacture but all the same they do take those things into account......

Old 09-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Basic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vntperformance
Basic: Does the exhaust rattle when the engine is cold and the car has sat overnight? I as well am running the same exhaust.
No, i mounted mine a bit different then the two large clamps provided. I have it clamped on one pipe to one of the stock hangers. Have a look at how the mounts are done, likely loose.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:23 AM
ek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud of
Congrats paul!

Old 09-07-2011, 07:31 AM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
You are going to have to explain this one. My understanding is a dynojet compensates for altitude. It's part of the Winpep software.
It compensates, but the compensation is for a naturally aspirated motor. These cars, equipped with turbos and a feedback system to compensate, target absolute pressure and while some losses are still present, it's not nearly as bad as the NA motors that the SAE correction is correcting for.

Straight from the SAE doc (see 5.5.2):

Last edited by earl3; 09-07-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Basic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant future
I replaced the coils and plugs, fun job...

Solved my misfire/break up through the revs a expected. I believe it was lightly misfiring on the dyno which is why it showed so rich without the black smoke as there should have been.

Car runs much better, the coils were mostly cracked and the plugs were beyond worn factory units.

Looked into the turbos, they are K24's based on the casting and tags numbers. Not sure if they have 18g turbine wheels but likely it does.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Well that explains your dyno then... it did seem a little too good to be true for K16s....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Did you check and see if your car is a x50?

Old 09-09-2011, 09:31 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Good numbers and nice surprice with your dyno. 500WHP is nice

Old 09-09-2011, 09:39 AM
soloracer996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vntperformance
Did you check and see if your car is a x50?
The car used to be mine. I bought it from a small dealer in San Francisco. When I got it home I had my local dealer scan the codes and it is not an X-50 car from the factory. Someone had to add those turbos. It also came with a stock exhaust which makes me think that someone pulled off an aftermarket unit and sold it before putting the car up for sale.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:32 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
The car used to be mine. I bought it from a small dealer in San Francisco. When I got it home I had my local dealer scan the codes and it is not an X-50 car from the factory. Someone had to add those turbos. It also came with a stock exhaust which makes me think that someone pulled off an aftermarket unit and sold it before putting the car up for sale.
You are probably right...I have seen others do that before they get rid of their cars.......

Old 09-09-2011, 02:00 PM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
It looks like you K-value is way off on that!! The air/fuel ratio should be near even like on ari's dyno sheet. Did you get to use the headphones to listen for any knock?

Old 09-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by BOOSTTT
It looks like you K-value is way off on that!! The air/fuel ratio should be near even like on ari's dyno sheet. Did you get to use the headphones to listen for any knock?
K value?

Dyno was very likely rich due to light misfire from coil and plugs being toast, car has new coils(997tt units) and plugs and runs like a champ.

Probably should re-dyno now, probably make more power.

I just discovered that my car has an EVOMS hitachi MAF along with their airbox on it so I would have to assume I have one of their tunes.

Last edited by Basic; 09-10-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:31 PM
ybslow is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Basic
I replaced the coils and plugs, fun job...

Solved my misfire/break up through the revs a expected. I believe it was lightly misfiring on the dyno which is why it showed so rich without the black smoke as there should have been.

Car runs much better, the coils were mostly cracked and the plugs were beyond worn factory units.

Looked into the turbos, they are K24's based on the casting and tags numbers. Not sure if they have 18g turbine wheels but likely it does.
Maybe this surprise is the karma you were referring to last winter

Old 09-12-2011, 09:50 PM
pwarnery is infamous around these parts
I test drove that car in December 09, and I thought it was very strong. It kept pulling and pulling in 4th gear with the boost gage showing a steady 1.1 bar. I was impressed...

Old 09-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by pwarnery
I test drove that car in December 09, and I thought it was very strong. It kept pulling and pulling in 4th gear with the boost gage showing a steady 1.1 bar. I was impressed...
Do you remember if it had an exhaust or did it just have the stock exhaust?

Originally Posted by ybslow
Maybe this surprise is the karma you were referring to last winter
lol perhaps, how's your car running did you fix the problem with your clutch slave?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dynoed my turbo