996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rennsport Reunion (2011), Monterey, CA 10/14-10/16

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 06:14 PM
sc170 has a spectacular aura aboutsc170 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Aerodude
Where are you coming from? When we went down to the Historical Races last month, we took two cars -- family in the minivan and I drove the Porsche. It was more useful to have two cars there anyway since part of the family went to the tide pools and aquarium instead.

I wish! My boys are 2 and 4 ... there is no way that either of us can handle them by ourselves. We are coming from Fresno, just a little over 100 miles from the event, it's not a long drive but still a challenge. I guess the minivan will have to do this time around.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sc170
I want to take the family as well, but can't figure out how to get them and the luggage in the Porsche.
You need a Cayenne!

Old 09-22-2011, 04:27 PM
X98boardwell is infamous around these parts
SC170, I will also be coming from Fresno... we are traveling early on Saturday morning with a few other Porsches. You are welcome to join us from here if you would like. PM me your info and I will get in touch with you.

Regards,
Bryan

Old 09-24-2011, 08:21 AM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Tickets came today. All set. Can't wait!!!

Old 09-24-2011, 08:22 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
lets take and post lots of pics for those of us who can't make it!!

Old 09-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Wow, pushed to the 4th page with only 2 weeks away. I finally got my schedule set. I can only be there on Sunday. I'll be there with my two kids (12&14). Both are stoked. It should be a blast. It would be fun to have a 6 speed group hook up for a photo in the paddock!

Old 09-30-2011, 10:13 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Leaving from Modesto on Friday and hanging out the entire weekend. No kids and no wife. They are not able to make it.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:25 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sanchezdds
Leaving from Modesto on Friday and hanging out the entire weekend. No kids and no wife. They are not able to make it.
If I manage to make it, I'll have to leave the Mrs and little one at home as well. Where are you staying, doc?

Old 09-30-2011, 10:40 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
I'll be staying at the Ramada Inn. I booked it about a month ago, so I could be wrong. I have to check again. My wife needs to take my daughter to a gymnastics competition, so they can't make it for that weekend.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:43 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
I'll be staying at the Ramada Inn. I booked it about a month ago, so I could be wrong. I have to check again. My wife needs to take my daughter to a gymnastics competition, so they can't make it for that weekend.
Still can't commit to going yet. Guess I better **** or get off the pot. Most/all of the convenient hotels are probably booked by now, so I if I try to get one, I'll most certainly be hoofing it everyday.
Wish I could take my wife and little girl, but without a 'safe' infant seat option that fits in the back of the TT, there's just no way.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by bonehead
Still can't commit to going yet. Guess I better **** or get off the pot. Most/all of the convenient hotels are probably booked by now, so I if I try to get one, I'll most certainly be hoofing it everyday.
Wish I could take my wife and little girl, but without a 'safe' infant seat option that fits in the back of the TT, there's just no way.
There are lots of places in Monterey or just outside. None are really within walking distance anyway. I'm staying up in Aptos on the beach and driving down for the day.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
I plan to be there on Friday with a couple of buddies -- and then possibly on Sat or Sun with my oldest. Should be fun!

Last edited by Aerodude; 10-01-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
If you still need to get psyched up to go to the Rennsport Reunion this week, here's a great show on RR3 held in Florida back in 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvY4Oj4vdKk

Old 10-10-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm getting excited for this weekend! How about you guys?

Old 10-10-2011, 10:45 AM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
I can hardly stand it!!!!
I'm getting excited for this weekend! How about you guys?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.