996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rennsport Reunion (2011), Monterey, CA 10/14-10/16

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 10:48 AM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Awesome - now I just need to watch it about 40 times to get me to Friday!!!

Originally Posted by Aerodude
If you still need to get psyched up to go to the Rennsport Reunion this week, here's a great show on RR3 held in Florida back in 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvY4Oj4vdKk

Old 10-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Elric_996TT is infamous around these parts
I hope I can make it!...

Old 10-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Be sure to stop by the GMG paddock to check out some of our World Challenge products as well as pick up some give away goodies.........

See you at the event.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Fabryce, cant wait to see the GMG display !
I've been to RR II & III, would not miss another one
Coming from Atlanta Thursday and staying till late Monday

Bill

Old 10-11-2011, 01:28 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Old 10-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Cool. I got to see Jay Leno at Quail Lodge Porscheplatz during the Historic Races, and now I'll see Jerry at the Reunion.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:57 AM
A couple of friends of mine who are racing in the Cayman Interseries at Rennsport took these teaser's. Leaving bright and early Friday morning - should be out there for lunch.

Cayman's with old school liveries

Last edited by fdorn; 10-13-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:13 AM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
You are such a teaser.....

Old 10-13-2011, 06:27 PM
a few more - leaving the house at 3:30 AM to catch a 5:30 am flight - hopefully find a place to meet up with some of you. Should be there around noon..

Last edited by fdorn; 10-18-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
I am so stoked for this. I wish I could go all three days. I am only there on Sunday and plan to be there early.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Old 10-15-2011, 06:19 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
+1 ^ awesome pics! thanks for taking the time to post

Old 10-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
I just got back from a great Saturday at the Rennsport Reunion IV. Highlights of the day included:

1) Meeting up with guys at Sharkwerks at 5:30am to caravan down to Monterey. Even though it was dark for most of the way, you could still see (and hear) the power of the caravan making its way down 880 and 101 towards Laguna Seca.

2) The weather -- very dynamic but turned out to be great. Completely fogged in (and a little cold) upon arrival at the track, but the temperature must have shot up by 15 degrees once the fog lifted in the late morning. It was cool and a little eerie to see the warm-up laps covered in the fog.

3) The Corral -- Just like Friday, the corral seemed to be well organized with cars grouped together (for the most part). It's still amazing to me how many Porsches were parked in the corrals.

4) The car displays were nicely done, and there were plenty of vendors ready to help you spend your money. We came back with some clothing and a couple of model cars for display.

5) Finally, it was way cool to see the Q&A with Detlev von Platen (President, Porsche North America) and Dr. Wolfgang Porsche in the PCA tent.

Pictures to follow as soon as I get a chance to download them from the camera.

If you haven't gone yet, and are on the fence about going on Sunday, just do it!

Old 10-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Could not agree more. What a great time!!!!

Originally Posted by Aerodude
If you haven't gone yet, and are on the fence about going on Sunday, just do it!

Old 10-15-2011, 10:42 PM
3 wheel'in out of the corkscrew!! Not very good pics, but you get the idea - old 911's were doing this all day long...

http://s208.photobucket.com/upload/a...+Reunion+Day+2

A few more

Last edited by fdorn; 10-18-2011 at 07:24 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.