996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

blow off valve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 07:06 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
blow off valve

installed new blow off valve, first it was premature so i replaced with a stronger spring, seemed ok for a while but now it's back to a early release... stronger spring??? it will blow off on acceleration at the top of whatever gear I'm in

Old 09-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
which ones did you get... most them are ok from the get go... not sure if your tacking the problem changing the Dvs...
if you go stiffer spring you shorten the life of the turbos... so its a trade off... it also depends on how stiff...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-11-2011, 07:44 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
markski at first the boost went crazy and i went no were called the mfg (or whoever i got it from) sorry no memory here.... they send a stronger spring which seemed to be ok... i could hear that great woosh on gear changes.. but now it seems to woosh at the top of whatever gear I'm in. have not checked the boost gage yet.. the bo has an adjustment maybe it came loose...hey thanks for your help!!!!

Old 09-11-2011, 07:46 PM
am thinking i got it from evo

Old 09-12-2011, 07:54 AM
GatorTT is infamous around these parts
It sounds like you are having boost/vacuum leak issues. Are you using an aftermarket boost controller? A blow off valve should not affect the amount of boost pressure you see under throttle. Start with a boost leak test. The spring tension just determines how fast and how far the valve opens once it sees vacuum after positive manifold pressure.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:09 PM
this has happened when i first installed he bv put a stronger spring in and all was fine.... there is an adjustment i'll check that out thanks to all and to all a good nite (who said that)