996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evolution Motorsports Breaks Trap Speed Record 10.11@152.7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Porschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to behold
Great numbers Kevin!

New axles have been ordered.

Cheers,
Robert Boreham

Old 09-15-2011, 12:05 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Shhhh, I cant flaunt it. If TopGun gets pissed and drags his **** off the sofa I'm toast. He has another 70-80 hp and Tq on me, and I dont want him to use it... Heck, he is a bench racer poser anyway (jk, go back to the sofa)
That's true... you don't want to flaunt it too much. Otherwise I'm sure on my next trip out to AZ I'll see a certain silver TT there being upgraded MORE

CornFEDs

Old 09-15-2011, 12:06 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porschedoctor
Great numbers Kevin!

New axles have been ordered.

Cheers,
Robert Boreham
Robert, a big thanks to you and Matt. With your suspension setup and his LSD, I have never had a car that puts down big power so easily. Actually, the quarter mile time and speed isnt that impressive with your setup. I think a trained monkey, or even TopGun for that matter, could have run those times Thanks again!

Old 09-15-2011, 03:02 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
That's true... you don't want to flaunt it too much. Otherwise I'm sure on my next trip out to AZ I'll see a certain silver TT there being upgraded MORE

CornFEDs
poor Joe......

Old 09-15-2011, 03:23 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
poor Joe......
Poor you! you know what we just talked about, the little file went a racin'

Old 09-15-2011, 06:58 PM
KPG
Here is the external video of the 152.7 run. The quality isnt great and my kids forgot to capture the time on the board. I guess good help is hard to find. I am working on the in car video as well and EVOMS is doing a comiplation of both with some stills. The car launches hard and pulls up the front end a bit

http://youtu.be/fHeyIz1OJWM

Old 09-15-2011, 07:44 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Nice run Kev....im impressed!Looks like you might have gotten a lil air under those front tires!

Old 09-15-2011, 07:49 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by joetwint
Nice run Kev....im impressed!Looks like you might have gotten a lil air under those front tires!
It looks better from the in car video, uploading now. The nose came up so hard my burger slid off the dash Video up shortly!

Old 09-15-2011, 08:10 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
It looks better from the in car video, uploading now. The nose came up so hard my burger slid off the dash Video up shortly!

I've warned you about those burgers..... you would be in the nines by now

Old 09-15-2011, 08:23 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Congrats Kevin,amazing trap and numbers,nice vid

Old 09-15-2011, 08:39 PM
KPG
In car of same run...

http://youtu.be/SdhOk-p8u6w

Old 09-15-2011, 09:14 PM
SaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really nice
Congrats solid numbers. What rpm are you crossing the line at?

Old 09-16-2011, 12:30 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Haha you can tell the front wheels came off the ground nicely! Flipping heck... Um aren't you supposed to have a chute ?

Old 09-16-2011, 05:28 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by SaintGT2
Congrats solid numbers. What rpm are you crossing the line at?
Unfortunately, I am bumping the rev limiter at the line. After breaking a few lifters running 8K, we decided to keep it at 7400 max. With my DR of 305/35/18 which is 26.2 inches tall, I can only get a max of 152-153 mph in 4th gear. I think the car has a bit more in it, but the 4-5 shift at redline is a problem...

Old 09-16-2011, 06:31 AM
Apex Factor is a jewel in the roughApex Factor is a jewel in the roughApex Factor is a jewel in the rough
Nice run! Even better that you are from Michigan!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evolution Motorsports Breaks Trap Speed Record 10.11@152.7