996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evolution Motorsports Breaks Trap Speed Record 10.11@152.7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
side video of the front coming up would be priceless.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 09-16-2011, 08:54 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
The trap speed you hit should put you in the mid 9's.

Nice run!

Old 09-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KPG
Unfortunately, I am bumping the rev limiter at the line. After breaking a few lifters running 8K, we decided to keep it at 7400 max. With my DR of 305/35/18 which is 26.2 inches tall, I can only get a max of 152-153 mph in 4th gear. I think the car has a bit more in it, but the 4-5 shift at redline is a problem...
Remember those nice billet gearsets we make that you and I were discussing on the phone? We can get you a 4th gear that's a tick taller that avoids having to do that shift.

In high school some friends nicknamed me Socrates because I was always corrupting the youth. It's that old game. You ask me how fast I can help you go? I respond by asking you how much you want to spend getting there.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:29 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTgears
Remember those nice billet gearsets we make that you and I were discussing on the phone? We can get you a 4th gear that's a tick taller that avoids having to do that shift.

In high school some friends nicknamed me Socrates because I was always corrupting the youth. It's that old game. You ask me how fast I can help you go? I respond by asking you how much you want to spend getting there.
Matt, unfortunately we will be talking sooner or later. 900+ tq at 4K will catch up with the trans eventually, but for now I am going to keep it as is.....

BTW, you(Socrates) are supposed to drink the Hemlock!

Old 09-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
It's like iocane powder. After years of ingesting it in small quantities I have become immune.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:06 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Nice,Congradulations....With a little better hook you will be in the nines no problem....

Old 09-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by buddyg
The trap speed you hit should put you in the mid 9's.

Nice run!
Or at least high 9's. Eddie Bello ran a 9.86 @155mph. With a cleaner launch and a better 60' time, Kevin could hit 9's in his current configuration.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:20 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Man I sure would like to see this car in action. If you ever go to Milan again PM me.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:40 AM
SaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really nice
Originally Posted by KPG
Unfortunately, I am bumping the rev limiter at the line. After breaking a few lifters running 8K, we decided to keep it at 7400 max. With my DR of 305/35/18 which is 26.2 inches tall, I can only get a max of 152-153 mph in 4th gear. I think the car has a bit more in it, but the 4-5 shift at redline is a problem...
Ok, so are you chasing mph now or ET? Looks like you still had wheel spin out of the basement. Are you running 2wd? Not sure of your specs.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:40 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SaintGT2
Ok, so are you chasing mph now or ET? Looks like you still had wheel spin out of the basement. Are you running 2wd? Not sure of your specs.
I really dont know what I am going to do. I would much rather drive it on a roadcourse as compared to a dragstrip. I have taken this out many times already and it runs very well on a roadcourse with these small Tial 35s at 22 psi. The problem I have is although I am not unhappy with these drag times I am not exactly thrilled either as I know the car was running a bit sluggishly. I had hoped to spend more time getting dedicated 60-130 and 100-150 times at the track but I chose to do the 1/4 mile first as I had no time in that category and the weather was calling for rain later in the day. The few 60-130s I tried in a single gear(4th) were nowhere near the time Todd Z ran with the car in much worse conditions. I couldnt get much more than 5.5 in 4th. I would brake boost and the car wouldnt build any boost. My dedicated 3-4 shift 60-130s brake boosting were slower than my 60 130s in 1/4 mile times of 4.4-4.5. Make no mistake, the car is extremely fast but I called a few friends at my first break and said there is no way I am breaking Todds record of 3.96 today. As it turns out, the wrong EVC6 boost map was in the car. EVOMS made me three separate boost maps for this car as they know I drive it on the street daily when I am home and like to roadcourse it as well. I have a low spool, medium spool and high spool file. The car was dynoed on the high spool file and made a bit over 900awhp/900awtq at 27psi. The low spool file is down under 900hp and TQ is in the low 800s but is a very linear, smooth and driveable file. I asked EVOMS to put the high spool file in the car when I picked it up but unfortunately the high spool file was on the Mustang dynos hard drive which crashed. So I took it with the low spool file. By sheer coincidence, the boost maps were emailed to me while I was on my way home from the track Although I really do not want to go back to the dragstrip and beat the car up, I do feel as though it is still unfinished business. I decided to educate myself on this boost controller and find out what was actually mapped in these files. The boost is mapped according to rpm in my car. Although both files produced the same 27psi on the mapping, the high spool produced 27 psi quicker and longer. The car has a base map of 20 psi and then the map corrects above and beyond that amount at particular rpms. The reason I couldnt build boost or compete with Todds times was the mid range corrections were nothing. The high spool file would give me full boost from 4500-7400, whereas the low spool file didnt give me full boost until 7000 rpm, and I had to shift at 7400. While I was brake boosting at low rpms it wasnt building boost because the map wasnt calling for boost at low rpms. So what does this mean, hell, I dont know. Most people would be jumping up and down with these times and here I am sulking, go figure. I will get my axles installed and see what next month brings.... BTW, RWD

Last edited by KPG; 09-17-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:46 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by GTgears
Or at least high 9's. Eddie Bello ran a 9.86 @155mph. With a cleaner launch and a better 60' time, Kevin could hit 9's in his current configuration.
Matt, you have a better assesment. This is not a mid 9 sec car, still far too heavy for that. Best case is a mph or two increase and high 9 sec. run under optimal conditions.... do you have loaner gearboxes?

Old 09-17-2011, 08:37 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Excellent Job!! 152 is a stout MPH!! That thing must be sick fast from a roll.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:05 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buddyg
the trap speed you hit should put you in the mid 9's.

Nice run!
+4

Old 09-17-2011, 09:05 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Excellent Job!! 152 is a stout MPH!! That thing must be sick fast from a roll.
Thanks... I guess it is fast from a roll, but apparently I havent been driving it with the right boost map. It now has the right boost map, and broken axles

Old 09-17-2011, 02:02 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Thanks... I guess it is fast from a roll, but apparently I havent been driving it with the right boost map. It now has the right boost map, and broken axles
Could've...shoud've...would've..Damn excuses...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evolution Motorsports Breaks Trap Speed Record 10.11@152.7