996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Is a factory-quality re-paint possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 06:19 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sunir
Oh forgot to ask, do you have any before and after pics? or any details we can see of the damage before and after, this would really show the quality of the work done on your car which I too agree is exceptional
I hate to tear open the wound, but for you...OK! These are the before pics. I'll wait until Eric does the final clean and polish to post those pics for the final product.

Attached Images    
Old 10-16-2012, 06:24 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DYL 911
Car looks awesome. What wheels do you have on?
The wheels are GMG's World Challenge Mono-Block wheels. Fabryce at GMG gave me a great deal on them, and I am eternally grateful.

I also had the two damaged Fikses repaired, so I still have them on standby in case I ever decide I miss them too much. The GMG's have REALLY been growing on me the longer I see them.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:43 PM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
The wheels are GMG's World Challenge Mono-Block wheels. Fabryce at GMG gave me a great deal on them, and I am eternally grateful.

I also had the two damaged Fikses repaired, so I still have them on standby in case I ever decide I miss them too much. The GMG's have REALLY been growing on me the longer I see them.
Yeah they look freaking great. GMG really knows what they are doing. If you want to get rid of those Fikse wheels let me know

Old 10-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by DYL 911
Yeah they look freaking great. GMG really knows what they are doing. If you want to get rid of those Fikse wheels let me know
Haha, OK. I have a hard time letting go sometimes.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:57 AM
Premium Sponsor
intercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud of
Here are some pics of the delivery.

shtfrbrains,

Thank you for the kind words and great photo's of the delivery of your GT2, we really appreciate your business. I must say I love those rims on that car, again thank you and we look forward to helping you with any future moves.

1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com
Old 10-17-2012, 04:18 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Truthfully the damage is not so bad, could have been much worse and your car looks better then new now...I would say overall you came out GREAT on this whole deal...you have a brand new looking car to show for it!

Old 10-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
Truthfully the damage is not so bad, could have been much worse and your car looks better then new now...I would say overall you came out GREAT on this whole deal...you have a brand new looking car to show for it!
Yes, I totally agree; I came out very well. With the insurance company I ended up with the quality of work and look I wanted. The only real price paid by me was time.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by intercity
shtfrbrains,

Thank you for the kind words and great photo's of the delivery of your GT2, we really appreciate your business. I must say I love those rims on that car, again thank you and we look forward to helping you with any future moves.
Intercity is top of the list as far as I am concerned. I am sure Eric from Reflections Detailing will be recommending you as well. He deals with all the high-end / super-car owners in our area. He was VERY pleased with the whole process.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:12 PM
The finished product..... finally. Chapter closed.

Attached Images     

Last edited by shtfrbrains; 11-06-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:17 PM
...a couple more close-ups.

Attached Images    
Old 11-05-2012, 10:26 PM
SRT10Venomous is a glorious beacon of lightSRT10Venomous is a glorious beacon of lightSRT10Venomous is a glorious beacon of lightSRT10Venomous is a glorious beacon of lightSRT10Venomous is a glorious beacon of light
Orange peel can by polished out, but at least it doesn't show up with over-spray, scratches and swirl marks.

Orange peel can be polished out?? LOL.. you have clearly never painted a car before and then tried to polish it out...

Orange peel can not be polished out, unless you polish right down to the bare metal lol..

Old 11-06-2012, 09:35 AM
SnohomishX-50 is just really niceSnohomishX-50 is just really niceSnohomishX-50 is just really niceSnohomishX-50 is just really niceSnohomishX-50 is just really nice
Originally Posted by SRT10Venomous
Orange peel can be polished out?? LOL.. you have clearly never painted a car before and then tried to polish it out...

Orange peel can not be polished out, unless you polish right down to the bare metal lol..
Not sure what kind of paint you've been using...but traditional (conventional) 2 stage automotive paints can, (and frequently are) cut/sanded, and polished out to remove any imperfections in the base or clear coat.....including orange peel.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 AM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SRT10Venomous

I'd say clearly YOU have never painted a car before then tried to polish it out...

Here is my old Z06. I painted the trunklid and drivers door. You can bet I cut and buffed both after painting to flatten the peel.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:37 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Car looks exceptional

Definitely finished to a higher standard than when it left the factory

Good job buddy

Old 11-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by ant_8u
Car looks exceptional

Definitely finished to a higher standard than when it left the factory

Good job buddy
Thank you, sir! Thankfully, there is an amazing detailer in my town that put the time in for the final polish. I can't say enough about how important it is to have the right guy to do the final work.