996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dyno Results on C16 Race Gas - Viper TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 03:17 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Dyno Results on C16 Race Gas - Viper TT

I sent the car back to Underground Racing to have all the gas maps tuned. They spent about a week tuning each map to make sure all the qwirks are cleaned up.

Keep in mind, all the gains were turned down during these runs because the car kept losing traction on the dyno:

93 octane At 9PSI - 900RWHP, 900RWTQ

100 octane At 13PSI - 1000RWHP, 1000RWTQ

116 (C16) Octane At 17PSI - 1200RWHP, 1120RWTQ.

As far as I know, Undground produced the most HP out of an SRT10 TT. I originally had the car shipped to FL with 93 octane tuning, but after a car wash, my ecu got wet, and since then, ran like **** in 1st and 2nd gear. I sent the car back to Underground , and installed a new VEC II (this time with a water repellant cover,) and had it tuned to the aforementioned octane maps. I am surprised to see how smooth the car is now in 1st and 2nd WITHOUT sputtering, or popping......something I experienced with a soaking wet VEC.

They also installed a Dual Friction clutch, which has a love / hate feel. This clutch can easily withstand the 1200HP however, it either hooks or doesn't. There is no inbetween, and it chirps between each gear. The shifting is a bit notchy, and the clutch has to be 99% depressed for smoother shifting.

I laid on it from 80 to 160 within a few seconds last night :-) before it started raining. This is the fastest car I've been in/driven.

One Happy Underground Racing Customer / Viper Owner

-SHank

Dyno Video - Right Click - Save Target As (8MB)

Old 04-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Wow... so is that 1400 HP at the crank?

Old 04-27-2005, 03:22 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Chordate, Something like that...it had substantially more room / HP to go with, but traction hindering.

Old 04-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
That is unbelievable... I can't imagine what the feels like to drive, it must be insane.

Old 04-27-2005, 03:26 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
get a roll bar Shank...

Old 04-27-2005, 03:32 PM
dzy
dzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond repute
Whoa Shank,that's one serious car.
What's the estimated quartermile for that bad boy and are you gonna do any track days with it?

Old 04-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Erik@Cargraphic is infamous around these parts
nice...

Old 04-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is infamous around these parts
Wow Shank, that is sick. Post some more pictures/videos of the car, I doubt anyone here will get enough anytime soon.

Old 04-27-2005, 03:39 PM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
That is unreal....how long did it take to get from 80-160? (roughly, assuming you didn't have a passenger timing you)

Old 04-27-2005, 04:00 PM
KompressorKev is infamous around these parts
amazing...can't comprehend what that would be like at all.

Old 04-27-2005, 04:06 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Awsome!!!

I'll be joining the ranks shortly.

Old 04-27-2005, 04:35 PM
J Noto is infamous around these parts
A ride in shanks Viper

I took a ride in this animal just before the tuning....It defined the term "neck snapping acceleration". We went from 40 to 120 in a snap of a finger....I was speachless...which is quite a feat if you know me :-)

Old 04-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
wicked power.

Old 04-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Garey Cooper is infamous around these parts
Shank, will that kind of power spin the wheels inside the tires? That is some serious HP, I remember the old dragster guys had to screw the tire bead to the wheel to keep them from spinning around, they still may be doing this for all I know?

Old 04-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Are You ****ing Kidding Me!!!

That is awesome.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno Results on C16 Race Gas - Viper TT