996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996 GT2 deal of the century

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 11:36 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmy996
just buy atomic z's GT2 in the for sale section, miticulously maintained. no stories and fast . very fast. and at a great prie. what more could you ask for ?

+1 Atomic Z's GT2 is very good oportunity,good price well maitained and

nice modded.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:48 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AlexN
yes, the digit before the S is the year. also true for other models, just compare the number to the add. it will match (not sure what they did for 2010 or 11)
Interesting about the 696. all the ones that I've looked at were US Spec cars and this matched across the board
I looked at a few US gt2 and found just like you said 696xxx for last 6 digits. Then I looked up the other only 2 other euro spec gt2 cars and those were 695xxx mine is the only other German market euro spec car that i know of and it too is 695549. I am thinking the last 3 is the build number and the 4th digit from the end is the country code 5 for euro LHD and 6 for north America including Canada? Perhaps the cipher is WP0 - Porsche then next 3 for model where ero cars get the substitute designation ZZZ then 99Z maybe that is the factory then the year then I think the GT2 designation which is S69 followed by counrty code then lastly build number...

What do you think? Any way we can find out for sure?

Last edited by sunir; 10-04-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:50 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LCatGA
Also -it's more about great deal than actual price
My budget is up to $90K after I'm done with all the mods.

My calculatins for mods is what I would have to spend around $28-30K on the wirgin Gt2 to get it were I want
Talk to AtomicZ. His car has substantially more than that in Mods. There are a couple of dozen members that can attest to both the cosmetics and mechanical integrity of the car. You aren't that far off on price point and you'd be getting a car that was fully optioned from the factory.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:51 AM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
Talk to AtomicZ. His car has substantially more than that in Mods. There are a couple of dozen members that can attest to both the cosmetics and mechanical integrity of the car. You aren't that far off on price point and you'd be getting a car that was fully optioned from the factory.
Totally agreed. He'll spend less money for sure getting one already done. With all the add-ons to my car at this point I should've just gotten a GT2.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:24 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
atomicz car is a nice one for sure...but funny thing is no matter how well a car is sorted some guys want to get something not modded and do it themselves even if it will cost more, guess they want to do it their way or are convinced something has to be wrong with the car if they didn't control every little nitty gritty detial of the build...I've tried selling modiefied cars I've owned in the past and have ran into this with potential buyers and see it all the time on the other end of the table with both potential buyers and respective sellers.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:14 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vr4henry
Totally agreed. He'll spend less money for sure getting one already done. With all the add-ons to my car at this point I should've just gotten a GT2.
Originally Posted by sunir
atomicz car is a nice one for sure...but funny thing is no matter how well a car is sorted some guys want to get something not modded and do it themselves even if it will cost more, guess they want to do it their way or are convinced something has to be wrong with the car if they didn't control every little nitty gritty detial of the build...I've tried selling modiefied cars I've owned in the past and have ran into this with potential buyers and see it all the time on the other end of the table with both potential buyers and respective sellers.
Tough to argue with either statement. I have done it both ways.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:19 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
May be willing to part with my special R-GT2, for the right price

Old 10-04-2011, 11:44 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Overpriced but maybe they will deal??

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/2633075558.html

Old 10-05-2011, 12:12 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997xpress
Overpriced but maybe they will deal??

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/2633075558.html
I think that is at Specialty Car Sales, which tacks on a 20% fee to have a car on consignment. Plus a monthly fee.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:01 AM
sowndsystem is infamous around these parts
Nice rides

Old 10-05-2011, 09:44 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
I want one too

Old 10-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
The shop 996 GT2 might be going up for sale in 1-3 months, it's Seal Grey with low miles.

Contact speedplay or Sam@AutoTalent.com with questions

Old 10-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
The concern over accidents is how they will affect the cars reliability in the future (electrical gremlins etc).

My GT2 was in an accident many years ago and it has been bulletproof reliable.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LCatGA
Also -it's more about great deal than actual price
My budget is up to $90K after I'm done with all the mods.

My calculatins for mods is what I would have to spend around $28-30K on the wirgin Gt2 to get it were I want
Eric's car (Atomic Z) has about $40K in mods and they were done right by the mad scientist himself (Todd K).

Old 10-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mattyrae
Both those are over priced. Silver is a Euro spec, black one will sit until priced closer to 80k.
With the low miles and specs on these two cars, it seems as though those looking for virgin cars might find either attractive and not far off on marketable pricing.

High 86-89's might be right for the way the economy and availability for these rare low miles cars are indicating.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 GT2 deal of the century