996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Interior Rattles - Wurth Rubber Car Silicone Free

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 04:20 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Interior Rattles - Wurth Rubber Car Silicone Free

Had some typical interior rattles (really only over bumps and rough roads). Applied this stuff to both interior and exterior weather strip and windows (all).

90%+ of them GONE!!! No idea how long it will last, but man what difference.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:28 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
have you tried anything else previously ?

Old 10-03-2011, 04:41 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Not really.

Originally Posted by buzzm
have you tried anything else previously ?

Old 10-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the tip. I have a couple rattles over bumps as well, but they sound as though they are coming from the upper part of the C pillars. Where were yours?

Old 10-03-2011, 05:30 PM
The c pillar and passenger door. It is worth trying before you go digging.

Originally Posted by Carbon
Thanks for the tip. I have a couple rattles over bumps as well, but they sound as though they are coming from the upper part of the C pillars. Where were yours?

Old 10-03-2011, 07:34 PM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
I use 1Z Einszett Gummi Pflege which is very similar to the Wurth stuff you mentioned.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Mattyrae is infamous around these parts
Any pics where you sprayed it? I have a rattle, sounds like it's coming from the passenger seatbelt heigth adjustor.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:31 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I remember reading a long time ago that the 996 has issues with the rear windows rattling...

Old 10-04-2011, 07:28 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
I have a rattling from the right side in the back and is not the back seat...

Old 10-04-2011, 08:19 AM
around all windows (inside and out) and the weather stripping on the doors.

Originally Posted by Mattyrae
Any pics where you sprayed it? I have a rattle, sounds like it's coming from the passenger seatbelt heigth adjustor.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Valley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really nice
I have interior rattles as well. But I'm pretty sure I isolated them to the seatbelt adjuster area. I want to fix the problem but not sure of what product to use at this time. Anyone have any ideas of what could be used to coat/spray on the seatbelt adjusters and/or the seatbelt covers on the b-pillars?

Old 10-04-2011, 12:57 PM
GaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really nice
Thanx guys... I just ordered some of this stuff (1Z Einszett + Wurth Black trim paint).

Old 10-04-2011, 03:12 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Thanks for the suggestion! Need it for my old BMW 2001. Thanks Frank!

Old 10-04-2011, 04:13 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by D_Nyholm
I use 1Z Einszett Gummi Pflege which is very similar to the Wurth stuff you mentioned.
thats what ive been using and it works really well

Old 10-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Alpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud of
Follow-up questions

Originally Posted by fdorn
around all windows (inside and out) and the weather stripping on the doors.
Thanks for the idea! Do I spray it up into the edges of all the windows? Do I have to be concerned about staining if I get it on the leather/vinyl? Is the residue difficult to clean off the windows? Does it have a funky odor?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Interior Rattles - Wurth Rubber Car Silicone Free