996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A surprising find...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 11:28 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
i really don't care about all this, but i will say i have talked to markski a few times on the phone and he is all about helping people out. i think he was trying to inform us to watch out for exhaust that are not what they say they are.. he knows that people will buy what ever they want, and when they learn that the first round was sub- parr , they will have to buy again... he gave me a lot of info at the beginning of my mods, he was right on... btw. i bought a bbi exhaust does markski care, i doubt it.....

Old 10-15-2011, 01:58 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Blue Beast TT
Hi everyone,
I'm a little new at this so go easy on me but i just wanted to add my two cents. Actually, this is my first post! I actually have Marskis exhaust on my car (love it by the way) and took it over to a Porsche racing team in the Chicago land area to have an oil sending unit checked out. They looked at his exhaust and said "its about time someone uses all stainless steel". They explained to me that they only use stainless steel exhausts and flanges on their racing equipment. Obviously everyone has their difference of opinion, but this is just what I heard from a very top Porsche shop race team. Enjoy!

Hi Blue Beast,
I think your welcome will be lost in this post but hi and Welcome to 6SP.
its a great site and not normally quite as hot.
I look forward to seeing you on the site.

WELCOME!

Old 10-15-2011, 06:22 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
My intent was that I was "surprised" as the thread stated... I was very easy and carefully chose words... not disclosing the manufacturer... nor will I...furthermore this exhaust company is NOT a 6speed sponsor... Im sure some are reselling them... IDK to tell you the truth. You seem to be the only one deducing the name of the exhaust company.. why? let it go.... I was a member for 5 years before I became a sponsor.. Im guessing it would be ok then on in your yes to make the post but since I make exhausts that precludes me from doing it? My intention was to show that I was surprised since my fabricator raised an eyebrow as well... and he is by far a beginner... I did not go on slam, put down , not say its inferior... only when a handful of you jumped on me I became defensive. But if your telling me that you would rather buy a $4k exhaust with mild steel welded to SS parts over all SS system then we we have a difference of opinion... and this would be a surprise to me... so what's your problem starting with me? Or do you just like to argue? Because if you and Tim get off on that I'm the wrong guy and please get off this thread ... both of you...
Mark, There is a edict of doing business.. You are putting down someones product and making yours sound far Superior. Take a life lesson out of this and move on.. I feel there is great members with great info on this forum and we should keep it non partial based on facts and opinions from members who bought these items not vendor's bashing..

Old 10-15-2011, 07:15 AM
Blue Beast TT is infamous around these partsBlue Beast TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
I will bite... Porsche motorsports cars use inconel! So unless the team you speak of is racing vintage or converted street cars I am unsure of what you are referring to.

You joined this forum to post this today? Why did you not join the day you installed you exhaust and give Markski a plug?
Hi Tim, I was just passing on what the tech told me at this place. I didn't go into detail about it with him. They have their own team that they run with 996 turbos and 997 GT3's. They also have their customers cars out on the track but that does not mean that all of their exhausts are SS. They also run a lot of 914,944 Turbos etc... I didn't want to start a war with anybody, but just pass on what I heard from this shop.

Also, yes I did just join yesterday and I picked up my car from Marski working on it yesterday as well. He has been great at taking pics along the way and showing me issues that he has seen during boost test leaks and such. I am very happy with his services. The exhaust sounds great and screams the way I want it to. Not too loud so my wife starts screaming at me but just loud enough so I cant hear her telling me to slow down.
I will be posting a review on his services and the exhaust later on after i have some more drive time with it. I assumed its better to put a review together of the products after I have driven it for a bit, but so far its great! A review of his customer service is extremely impressive. I look forward to learning more from everyone here. Thanks.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:20 AM
Blue Beast TT is infamous around these partsBlue Beast TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sunnyside
Hi Blue Beast,
I think your welcome will be lost in this post but hi and Welcome to 6SP.
its a great site and not normally quite as hot.
I look forward to seeing you on the site.

WELCOME!

Thanks Sunnyside. I didn't realize what I was getting in to. Obviously these guys are out of my league with the knowledge on these cars, but the more I read, the more I learn. Thanks.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:56 AM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
My intent was that I was "surprised" as the thread stated... I was very easy and carefully chose words... not disclosing the manufacturer... nor will I...furthermore this exhaust company is NOT a 6speed sponsor... Im sure some are reselling them... IDK to tell you the truth. You seem to be the only one deducing the name of the exhaust company.. why? let it go.... I was a member for 5 years before I became a sponsor.. Im guessing it would be ok then on in your yes to make the post but since I make exhausts that precludes me from doing it? My intention was to show that I was surprised since my fabricator raised an eyebrow as well... and he is by far a beginner... I did not go on slam, put down , not say its inferior... only when a handful of you jumped on me I became defensive. But if your telling me that you would rather buy a $4k exhaust with mild steel welded to SS parts over all SS system then we we have a difference of opinion... and this would be a surprise to me... so what's your problem starting with me? Or do you just like to argue? Because if you and Tim get off on that I'm the wrong guy and please get off this thread ... both of you...
I seem to have offended you; that was not my intent, and I apologize if so. Since you've clarified that this exhaust manufacturer is NOT a 6SO sponsor, it's not who I thought it might be anyway.

As for me being the only one deducing the name... check post #57. And then consider, this thread has had nearly 2,000 views at this point... people who read this thread will inherently wonder who's exhaust that is, it's human nature; it would be naive to believe otherwise. IMHO. The very first reply to this thread was essentially calling for you to name names (and it wasn't a post from me).

I'm not looking to argue with you and I'm sorry if my posts came across that way. I won't post in this thread anymore, out of respect for you.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
I seem to have offended you; that was not my intent, and I apologize if so. Since you've clarified that this exhaust manufacturer is NOT a 6SO sponsor, it's not who I thought it might be anyway.

As for me being the only one deducing the name... check post #57. And then consider, this thread has had nearly 2,000 views at this point... people who read this thread will inherently wonder who's exhaust that is, it's human nature; it would be naive to believe otherwise. IMHO. The very first reply to this thread was essentially calling for you to name names (and it wasn't a post from me).

I'm not looking to argue with you and I'm sorry if my posts came across that way. I won't post in this thread anymore, out of respect for you.
Its not a 6speed sponsor trust me... I have helped a many here on 6speed at absolutely no financial interest to me... maybe I should have not put my "member" hat on and say what I saw that was surprising... but it was... and to some it could look like IM pushing my parts.. but that was not my intention... this is not my style nor the way I do business... Ask anyone... I go out of my way and as a matter of fact I don't sell Switzer exhausts but we had one on one car we bought and I loved it... BTW when I get asked which exhaust do I like... thats exactly my answer... Like I said before, this company is NOT a speed sponsor...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-15-2011, 10:49 AM
SaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really nice
Thank you for sharing your findings Mark, indeed surprising find...

I will stay away form giving my opinion on SS vs Mild vs inconel vs Titanium.... even though I've been working in steel industry for most part of my life... for those craving to understand there is more then enough easy accessible information out there...

also I'm not sure why people got upset, I'm sure if you prefer mild steel Mark would have no problem making exhaust for you out it and charging for it 4K

Old 10-15-2011, 10:55 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
Mark, There is a edict of doing business.. You are putting down someones product and making yours sound far Superior. Take a life lesson out of this and move on.. I feel there is great members with great info on this forum and we should keep it non partial based on facts and opinions from members who bought these items not vendor's bashing..
You guys who are insuating that Mark is somehow trying to knock other products for the benefit of his own can't be farther from the truth. Do you really want 6speed to become so politically correct that people are going to be afraid to post anything they find interesting or 'surprising' for fear of retribution? Mark has contributed to this community with interesting posts probably more than anyone. His products are top-notch. He is the most honest person out there, yet some of you like to take liberty by creating false accusations then go on the attack. That is wrong. In no way was he trashing someone else's exhaust component (which btw, was never identified). If you think so, you just don't know Mark. I've seen posts by "member experts" that were just plain wrong and/or stupid yet they come across so confident. It just cracks me up. You need to give a person like Mark the benefit of the doubt instead of going on the warpath. So stop the insuations and back off. They are uncalled for.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:30 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
You guys who are insuating that Mark is somehow trying to knock other products for the benefit of his own can't be farther from the truth. Do you really want 6speed to become so politically correct that people are going to be afraid to post anything they find interesting or 'surprising' for fear of retribution? Mark has contributed to this community with interesting posts probably more than anyone. His products are top-notch. He is the most honest person out there, yet some of you like to take liberty by creating false accusations then go on the attack. That is wrong. In no way was he trashing someone else's exhaust component (which btw, was never identified). If you think so, you just don't know Mark. I've seen posts by "member experts" that were just plain wrong and/or stupid yet they come across so confident. It just cracks me up. You need to give a person like Mark the benefit of the doubt instead of going on the warpath. So stop the insuations and back off. They are uncalled for.
+1+1+1+1 MARK has helping me very much from the beginning i rolled this forum with NO MONEY gain and we are 5,000 miles away,different lenguage,different culture,etc,etc,etc, and he has had the patience and the effort to understand what i meant and then give the right direction to follow for my best being.

We have made bussines,yes sir we have,i can't be happier.That's why i agree totally with TT dude.