996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Here is a great reason to own a Porsche!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 12:34 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Here is a great reason to own a Porsche!

Ouch!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=25656

Old 04-29-2005, 02:20 PM
drbill is infamous around these parts
Re: Here is a great reason to own a Porsche!

Originally posted by buddyg
Ouch!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=25656
i'm missing something-are you saying that porsche owners can't afford to own/maintain a ferrari .... or that every ferrari breaks down and needs thousands of dollars of repair?

Old 04-29-2005, 02:35 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I am just saying I am glad it is not me that owns that Ferrari and has to foot that big bill!

Old 04-29-2005, 03:17 PM
996turbo is infamous around these parts
But they sure are pretty to look at..

Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Ferrari's are amazing cars, even works of art... but the maintanance is a *****.

Old 04-29-2005, 03:21 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
at 14k you can get a lot of mods, am I right buddy?

Old 04-29-2005, 03:25 PM
"maintanance is a *****"

Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2005, 03:36 PM
FineProperty is infamous around these parts
Holy hell, how do you get that to idle??

Old 04-29-2005, 03:42 PM
"maintanance is a ***** II"

Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2005, 05:59 PM
3.6TT/2 = 1.8T
Kraftwerk is infamous around these partsKraftwerk is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 996turbo
But they sure are pretty to look at..
Holy hell! My all-time favorite Ferraris. Great Picture. Throw in a CS and 575M and I'll give my soul up for it.

Old 04-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Re: Re: Here is a great reason to own a Porsche!

Originally posted by drbill
i'm missing something-are you saying that porsche owners can't afford to own/maintain a ferrari .... or that every ferrari breaks down and needs thousands of dollars of repair?
Nice stretch to bring in the Ferraris are more exclusive/expensive than Porsches. I'm sure anyone here with a TT and probably any modern Porsche could foot a $14,000 repair bill if they had to. The point is, it's very unlikely on a modern Porsche and even if the Porsche needs repairs you won't be gauged as badly as if you own a Ferrari. There's no way a decently driven 2000 car of any manufacture with 15K should have serious repair. I think the point of the original post by Shawn was to say can you believe what has gone wrong AND how much it costs to fix. The reality is that in general Porsches are less likely to break down and less costly to fix. Ferraris are great and I'm glad they exist but when you have one you better keep the Vaseline handy b/c the fist is coming eventually.

Old 04-29-2005, 07:19 PM
drbill is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Here is a great reason to own a Porsche!

Originally posted by Red Devil
Nice stretch to bring in the Ferraris are more exclusive/expensive than Porsches. I'm sure anyone here with a TT and probably any modern Porsche could foot a $14,000 repair bill if they had to. The point is, it's very unlikely on a modern Porsche and even if the Porsche needs repairs you won't be gauged as badly as if you own a Ferrari. There's no way a decently driven 2000 car of any manufacture with 15K should have serious repair. I think the point of the original post by Shawn was to say can you believe what has gone wrong AND how much it costs to fix. The reality is that in general Porsches are less likely to break down and less costly to fix. Ferraris are great and I'm glad they exist but when you have one you better keep the Vaseline handy b/c the fist is coming eventually.
no doubt porsches have less trouble-i've owned plenty in my day and can attest to that...... every where you look you see a porsche so i guess they can't be in the shop so much

Old 04-29-2005, 08:08 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Well the thing that sucks to me about a ferrari is not only the cost to fix the car but also the fact that the POS brakes and you have to loose your car while its in the shop. I'm not gonna lie though, I still want an F430 spider or a 360 Cs but not as much as i want a Murcie.

Old 04-29-2005, 08:28 PM
Moogle is infamous around these parts
the great thing about porsches is that maintinence is usually 300-500$.

no such thing as pre-emptive replacements either (as there are with ferrari parts).

modern ferrari's are pretty reliaible, the reliablity rumours are more of a self fulling myth / prophecy, since people are afraid to drive them, which cuases the problems.

Old 04-29-2005, 08:51 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Moogle
the great thing about porsches is that maintinence is usually 300-500$.

no such thing as pre-emptive replacements either (as there are with ferrari parts).

modern ferrari's are pretty reliaible, the reliablity rumours are more of a self fulling myth / prophecy, since people are afraid to drive them, which cuases the problems.
Yeah but that's no excuse. My Turbo sits in a garage 99% of the time cause my parents are divorced and i dont live where the car is. Yet everytime I pull her out she starts in a second on the first try, I warm up the engine and boom she is brand new again. The only thing is that my dad has to go and move it every week or two and drive it around the circle in front of the garage so it doesn't get flat spots in the tires and check the battery. Thats why ferrari is not a substitute thus the slogan "there is no substitute"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Here is a great reason to own a Porsche!