996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

how much will the TT's depreciate when the 997TT comes out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
how much will the TT's depreciate when the 997TT comes out?

TT's have really done well in terms of holding steady recently - since last November they've moved very little, likely because the Turbo S varietals are still in 996 model, so they are still the current version. When the 997TT comes out, what would happen to the 996TT prices? Big dive, small correction, steady? I don't even know when the 997TT is coming out, actually.

Old 04-30-2005, 04:17 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
The 996TT prices will soften.

Old 04-30-2005, 04:27 PM
996turbo is infamous around these parts
It depends on the new cars price.

Old 04-30-2005, 05:07 PM
Kurt RSF is infamous around these parts
Depends on how good looking the new TTs will be. If Chris Bangle has a hand in designing them, your current car will probably skyrocket in value!

Old 04-30-2005, 05:27 PM
PMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to behold
I suspect the 997 Turbo will be a big step forward from the 996 Turbo, in lots of little ways, and I think we'll see a pretty decent drop in 996 Turbo values as a bunch of 996 Turbo owners trade to the new one.

If the 993 Turbo wasn't so fuggin' gorgeous, the same might have happened with the 993/996 turnover.

Old 05-01-2005, 05:11 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
My prediction is they will drop a bit but the major hit has already occurred. At the end of the day even a stock 2001 996 Turbo with no options is still one hell of a car. Don't forget that. The air cooled purists have managed to keep 993 Turbo prices up but i believe that will wane as time goes buy. You aren't going to see a full crossover where the 996's as a group become less expensive than the 993's, so maybe the 996 will be "held up" some by the 993's. The new 997's will probably start close to where the Turbo S left off so your going to be looking at around a 50% difference between some 996 and 997 models. We'll see.

Old 05-01-2005, 06:06 AM
drbill is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Red Devil
My prediction is they will drop a bit but the major hit has already occurred. At the end of the day even a stock 2001 996 Turbo with no options is still one hell of a car. Don't forget that. The air cooled purists have managed to keep 993 Turbo prices up but i believe that will wane as time goes buy. You aren't going to see a full crossr where the 996's as a group become less expensive than the 993's, so maybe the 996 will be "held up" some by the 993's. The new 997's will probably start close to where the Turbo S left off so your going to be looking at around a 50% difference between some 996 and 997 models. We'll see.
The huge success of the 993 turbo was mainly due to it's aggresive styling and mechanical prowess. the intro of the 997 turbo will cause the 996 value to gel considerably when many 996 turbo owners want to get a hybrid of the two cars-the exterior/interior overlaps both cars and also adds a new dimension of aggresiveness to the car- somewhat lacking in the 996 turbo. if porsche produces a nice amount of these vehicles you will see most of the turbo seekers going for this car esp. since ferrari production is quite limited and 360's holding their very high value. this will leave the 996 turboin the shadows..

Old 05-01-2005, 05:23 PM
DrJim is infamous around these parts
Dr. Bill, if it wasn't for your nice avatar, i'd see about getting you banned. Try not to bring Ferrari into every discussion, especially when it has nothing to do with anything, like this time. Just look at all the easy mods that are available that have created many incredible 996 Turbos. Maybe the 997 will be all that but I doubt it. I already dislike those big intakes in front of the rear quarter being shown if it makes it to production. Let me get this straight, take my car which is faster and looks better, trade or sell it, add about 60 grand and you'll give me a 997 Turbo sure to depreciate like crazy all over again. No thanks! You above all others with your antediluvian Ferrari should be appreciating the concept of the depreciation curve of vehicles. Trust me, the steepest part is past.

Old 05-01-2005, 05:41 PM
jimrd is infamous around these parts
I hope the steepest part has past.....

Old 05-01-2005, 11:29 PM
PMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by DrJim
You above all others with your antediluvian Ferrari
See guys, I'm not the only one who swallowed a dictionary for breakfast

Old 05-02-2005, 06:51 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally posted by PMac
See guys, I'm not the only one who swallowed a dictionary for breakfast
I'll bet you $100 Dr. Bill thinks it has something to do with his Aunt!

PS- I can't find fuggin' in my version. Must not be the shazizzle version by master Snoop. I better drop it while it's hot!

Last edited by Red Devil; 05-02-2005 at 06:57 AM.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:56 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Red Devil
I'll bet you $100 Dr. Bill thinks it has something to do with his Aunt!

PS- I can't find fuggin' in my version. Must not be the shazizzle version by master Snoop. I better drop it while it's hot!
Jim,
Please stop, you trying to sound ghetto is just plain creepy.

I'm stuck with my Turbo forever, selling it would make me sick not mention what it would cost to replace. I seem to be done with the sports car / modding thing, I enjoy driving my Porsche but have no intentions of purchasing another sports car and go through the modding again (unless I start making obscene amounts of money).

Last edited by Rave TT; 05-02-2005 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:52 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Rave TT

I'm stuck with my Turbo forever, selling it would make me sick not mention what it would cost to replace. I seem to be done with the sports car / modding thing, I enjoy driving my Porsche but have no intentions of purchasing another sports car and go through the modding again (unless I start making obscene amounts of money).
Ditto

Old 05-02-2005, 10:39 AM
drbill is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by DrJim
Dr. Bill, if it wasn't for your nice avatar, i'd see about getting you banned. Try not to bring Ferrari into every discussion, especially when it has nothing to do with anything, like this time. Just look at all the easy mods that are available that have created many incredible 996 Turbos. Maybe the 997 will be all that but I doubt it. I already dislike those big intakes in front of the rear quarter being shown if it makes it to production. Let me get this straight, take my car which is faster and look better, trade or sell it, add about 60 grand and you'll give me a 997 Turbo sure to depreciate like crazy all over again. No thanks! You above all others with your antediluvian Ferrari should be appreciating the concept of the depreciation curve of vehicles. Trust me, the steepest part is past.
my bringing up ferrari has everything to do with this post....i might own a f-car but that has nothing to do with the fact that a 360 modena /spyder are holding more than their value and that this can sway buyers towards a high end,less expensive sportscar like the 997 turbo. mods are nice but are only a factor with the small percentage of crazy nuts like us who appreciate them. the average buyer will not give a rat's *** about mods... only time will tell when 996 turbo owners sell and face a tough market. trust me, the fall of the value of 996 turbos (with or without mods) has just begun.

Old 05-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Wannabe
cig1 is infamous around these parts
I can't imagin TT's going much lower than the low $70's ... and we are already there. I just hope my GT2 can hold around $100k over the next 2-3 years.

G

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how much will the TT's depreciate when the 997TT comes out?