996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tires needed.... which ones to get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 04:51 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VEGAS BAIL
i GOT a friend that woks at Big O Tire and thats where i bought them. They are really the best out there i think. They stick on the ground like no other..

Thanks VEGAS i'll see Big O Tire's prices and if they ship to Miami where i have a friend who Imports-exports and sometimes can ship me parts for free.

I'm happy they are so good,MR.White at 6sp recomended that tire to me.

Thank you again Vegas,it'll helps.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
Let's compare apples to apples. For 19" Configuration, there are currently only 4 choices that I'm aware of right now.

Front 235/35-19 (easy to find)
Rear 315/25-19 (limited)

1. Michelin PS2
2. Nitto INVO
3. Toyo T1R
4. Falken FK452

PS2 are on the current wheels so a decision has to be made what is going on the new ForgeStar F14 set (direct Porsche fitment). Swap the PS2 over? Get something new. Sam last choice of the 4 is Falken. PS2 should be replaced by the the Super Sport soon so when those are available, will probably get a set. For now it will probably be the Nitto INVO since the GT2 is mostly driven when it's dry. T1R design has better wet characteristics.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:20 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AlexN
Hey Martin,
Do you drive on the NT-01's all around?
How are they in the SFL rain? aren't they dangerous?
Sorry for the late reply...

I had the NT01's on my car since last summer, they went through easily 3 weekends at the track and then just about lost it's grooves... At the time of shipping my car this summer though I just didn't replace until, well, cords were showing a few weeks ago

In the rain this worn, they were def/ a little squirmy, it sucked every day getting caught on the highway and such in a downpour, but not unmanageable by any means if you know your car/and how to drive well !!! Wouldn't recommend it, but, on a new set to about half the tires wear, they aren't bad in the wet at all.. Not like a sport/summer street tire, but still not so scary!

Old 11-13-2011, 09:19 PM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
Lovin my nitro invo

Old 11-13-2011, 09:30 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boca996tt
rear tire photo
You need to have your rear toe specs checked. I'm guessing that you have too much toe in in the rear. My tires looked like that till I went to 1/32" toe in per side in the rear and then tire wear became mucho better. I run -2.1deg camber in rear.....

Old 11-13-2011, 09:44 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
What toe-in were you running before?

is 1/32 factory spec?

Old 11-13-2011, 10:27 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ant_8u

is 1/32 factory spec?
I believe that 1/32" per side (1/16" total) is a bit less than factory spec. I dont know the numbers off the top of my head. I run 1/16" total toe both front and rear along with -2.2deg camber front and -2.0 camber rear. It's more of a track set up to eliminate the understeer in the car bur I still get very good tire wear and the car is not too twitchy. If you are trashing the inside 1" of your tire than your toe is the problem. Camber will generally cause your tires to wear unevenly more across the whole tread area instead of just the inner edge. Shoot for the minimum side of the factory toe range if you want to stay within Porsche spec for a conservative street alignment with good straight line stability. It all depends what you wanna do with the car.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:30 PM

is 1/32 factory spec?
I believe I was running 2 or 3x more toe before than now. I think it was right in the middle of the factor range but my tires were not quite as bad as those of the original poster. I changed them as soon as the cords showed.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:35 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Thanks
Mine looked just like the OPs pictures when I replaced them

So, it's more likely to be toe than camber that's causing this?

Old 11-14-2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks
Mine looked just like the OPs pictures when I replaced them

So, it's more likely to be toe than camber that's causing this?
Yes, with toe the tires are scrubbing sideways with each rotation.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:15 PM
spooling is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Blockhed
I love my Toyo R888
are these ok for daily driver?

Old 11-20-2011, 05:05 PM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Sorry for the late reply...

I had the NT01's on my car since last summer, they went through easily 3 weekends at the track and then just about lost it's grooves... At the time of shipping my car this summer though I just didn't replace until, well, cords were showing a few weeks ago

In the rain this worn, they were def/ a little squirmy, it sucked every day getting caught on the highway and such in a downpour, but not unmanageable by any means if you know your car/and how to drive well !!! Wouldn't recommend it, but, on a new set to about half the tires wear, they aren't bad in the wet at all.. Not like a sport/summer street tire, but still not so scary!
Thanks for the reply.
Something to conider for my next set...

Old 11-21-2011, 07:34 PM
legit526 is infamous around these parts
sumitomos worked out well for me......hankooks were a nightmare in my experience.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:41 PM
mike5876 is infamous around these parts
You guys know where to get the nittos? No one has them. In in south Florida
Tire rack says back ordered

Old 01-03-2012, 02:44 PM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
I got mine at discount tire but they had to order them. Was cheapest too! Could always contact nitto. Make sure you rev/mile between front and back is very close.

Originally Posted by mike5876
You guys know where to get the nittos? No one has them. In in south Florida
Tire rack says back ordered

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tires needed.... which ones to get?