996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Finaly got Gt2 after 5 deals failed through

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 03:08 AM
LCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to behold
Finaly got Gt2 after 5 deals failed through

Today my friend preformed PPI on it and transaction have been concluded.
Car is on the carrier and will be here on Wednesday
Car is very well sorted 2002 with 8900 miles and very mint condition.
Car is silver with custom 3 tone leather alacantra interior and many carbon fiber pieces - everything MotCarbon makes + some custom.

On exterior car has carbon whiskers, diffuser, rear wing and soon to get CF lip and roof/hood(for weight reduction as they would be painted silver)

Car has an amazing sound system which is lighter than removed stock stereo while much nicer.

For people who know car audio - system has 3 way Focal Utopia Be in front and 2 way Same in rear + Carbon Fiber Custom subwoofer box with 4 small JL subs - I will be replacing head unit with something very special - Sound Monitor DTA-500X and ICD-500X which not just sound great but also compliment interior of the car perfectly like they were made for it.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/dta500g1.jpg/
And top it off with Sound Monitor PAX-1 silver shadow amp(limited edition of 10 I think - maybe of 25) I'm not planing to enjoy music in it - but want to turn almost perfect system in to perfect system.

Thinking of RotTech Carbon Fiber sFRS seats with 2 tone leather/alcantara to truly finish interior and save me another 30 lbs

Also thinking about Lithium Ion 9lbs battery which carries charge close to stock batery

Car is wearing Champion RG-5s 20" which for me is a bit to big - will try to trade them for light weight 18"s - especially considering what this is a street car which will be driven in NY

Suspension - Moton Club 2 way with Ebach springs(rates are unknown), Front strut bar, RSS rear toe kit, dog bones and monoball bottom control arms. I'm thinking about adding Champions or somebody elses front toe links and adjustable trailing arms an also Wevo or TorqueSolutions Semisolid Engine Mounts.

Might get Sway bar drop links - not sure if I need better sway bars.
LSD will go to Gard for 40/60 treatment with 2mm gap.

Car has FVD Stage 4/5 package - K24/26 turbos, FVD headers, Tubi exhaust, EvoMs CAI and claimed to produce 510wph on 93

I will be adding 60 lbs Injectors, Waste Gates, 911 Tuning- intake to the turbo and Intercoolers, boost hoses and trying to get 580 rwhp with a good tune.

With everything already done to the car and rest of things I'm planning to, do car should weight about 2900lbs
What else should I do to the car )))))))

Old 10-23-2011, 03:11 AM
LCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to behold
Some pics

Attached Images      
Old 10-23-2011, 03:53 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Clean and powerful congrats, enjoy it in best of health!

Old 10-23-2011, 06:11 AM
biobanker is infamous around these parts
Someone spent a lot of money on that thing for it to sit in their garage.

WELL DONE.

It looks gorgeous.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:58 AM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
Unbelievable find....you must be completely stoked!

Looks like it might be tuff to get a full roll cage in...if not perhaps a Sparco Harness bar and a I/O Port video camera mount...

Old 10-23-2011, 07:34 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Looks like you got a nice package with that GT2. Congratulations.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:20 AM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
congrats. great find!
are you sure that speaker in the back weighs less than stock?

Old 10-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
Congratulations!!

The shop recently just picked up one low miles GT2 as well...the car is amazing

We are changing the current race suspension set up to KW Variant 3, changing wheels to ForgeStar F14 as they are 1-pc which are now Porsche specific fitment in the brushed finish and putting in a B&M short shift kit.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Whole system is 33lbs(speakers, sub, amp, headunit)
According to Weight saving thread stock system is 35 lbs(12 lbs sub, 18 lbs in door speakers, 3 lbs dash speakers, assumed 2 lbs for rears) + stock headunit/amp - which are probably another 2-5 lbs

Commponents I will add are going to add 3-4 lbs compared to what is beeing replaced and should bring it to stock weight.

Sub enclosures in CF are typicaly punching scale at 10-12 lbs and 4 drivers with Neodimium will add 6-8

Amp is 11 lbs

Focals are ultra light whole package pushing in at 5 lbs (Magnesium baskets,, kevlar and berilium drivers and neodimium magnets)

Old 10-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Etahgnimusnoc is infamous around these parts
Love it! Congrats, Silver on the GT2 is def my favorite!

Old 10-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
congrats

Old 10-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
looks great, pull all that audio equipment out though

gt2's are meant to be as light as possible!

Old 10-23-2011, 08:52 PM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by LCatGA
Whole system is 33lbs(speakers, sub, amp, headunit)
According to Weight saving thread stock system is 35 lbs(12 lbs sub, 18 lbs in door speakers, 3 lbs dash speakers, assumed 2 lbs for rears) + stock headunit/amp - which are probably another 2-5 lbs

Commponents I will add are going to add 3-4 lbs compared to what is beeing replaced and should bring it to stock weight.

Sub enclosures in CF are typicaly punching scale at 10-12 lbs and 4 drivers with Neodimium will add 6-8

Amp is 11 lbs

Focals are ultra light whole package pushing in at 5 lbs (Magnesium baskets,, kevlar and berilium drivers and neodimium magnets)
I believe that thread refers to the turbo, not the GT2
as part of the weight saving measures on the GT2, the door speakers were removed. There is also no sub..
Porsche even went with thinner sound deadening to save weight.
not that you'll ever be able to tell the difference in a street car...

Old 10-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Why should I?
33 lbs is not end of the world( 1.2% of total weight of the car) and I think very few members have pulled their stock audio systems which are just as heavy as my aftermarket one

Now - going on the good diet might do me more good

Old 10-23-2011, 09:00 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Congrats beautiful car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finaly got Gt2 after 5 deals failed through