996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Where is your boost controller mounted? (Pics please)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 03:11 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
The steering wheel in the second pic... More info please..

tim it looks like this guys alcantera wheel with the flat bottom.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...r-package.html

actualy it is from them. i just saw the same picture from there facebook page on may 2nd...LOL
they had a 699 deal a while back whuch was the wheel, shift boot and e-brake for $699 which seems like a great deal. bit i think the flat bottom was extra and so was the matching airbag cover.

Last edited by BiteEmNBeatEm; 01-06-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:07 PM
biobanker is infamous around these parts
I have the HKS EVC 5 Black Limited. Display is mounted just right of the steering stalk and the control unit is in the arm rest.

It came with my car (previous owner) and because I dont really know how to use it well, its either turned off or at 0% increase almost all of the time and operating as a recorder of max boost at 1.0bar. I always worry about leaning it out too much during the winter in sub zero temps with 91 octane.

Tuners have looked at the logs in warmer weather at 1.5bar and felt fine that its okay, but I dont understand enough to take their word for it with my engine to run it anywhere near that in cold temps.

So Im happy to have the EVC recording my max boost to make sure nothing is creeping for now. Ive debated taking it out and just tuning for 1.2bar (k16/24, exhaust and 100 cell cats, 5bar fpr, STOCK ic's and injectors, all the EVOMS plumbing).

Dont want to derail this interesting thread, but pls PM me with advice!

Car put down 550awd hp and 575lbft at 1.5bar on a conservative dyno (first thing I did after I bought it was confirm tune was fine).

I have the logs if anyone wants to see.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:03 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FlyingGuy
was also thinking about the "batwing". Ive only seen one clean picture of it.
Question tho... how did you secure it into the spot? fab a bracket? double sided tape? magic?

thanks for all the help guys.
Here is where mine was with my Tiptronic and also its the same spot I have it in now. We fabbed a bracket and sealed it on the outside with silicon.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
I don't use it as a boost controller, but as a secondary boost gauge and utilize the "High Boost Memory" feature...I also re-did the blue Greddy graphics in black, as I did not care for the blue look...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 01-06-2013, 10:00 PM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Here is where mine was with my Tiptronic and also its the same spot I have it in now. We fabbed a bracket and sealed it on the outside with silicon.
thats where i would like to mount it. was it easy enough to fab a bracket? any pictures of the bracket itself? did you silicone around the outside seam?

i want to make sure i have it secure. i dont want to go to dial it in and have it sink into my center console so i apologize for the nagging detail questions....

Old 01-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Hams996TT is infamous around these partsHams996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
I don't use it as a boost controller, but as a secondary boost gauge and utilize the "High Boost Memory" feature...I also re-did the blue Greddy graphics in black, as I did not care for the blue look...
Looks really sharp. I'd like to mount a controller into the batwing that looks clean like you did for the V1 display. Very nice!

- Chris.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:03 PM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
looks good in black. is there a cover you pulled off and got it painted? thanks for the help. Black would look MUCH better than the blue in my car also

Old 01-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Yea, I removed the plastic cover, then removed the graphics, masked the window area and sprayed it black on the back side. It's a pretty simple project and looks perfect. I always disliked the blue look of it and thought about doing this for a year or two, then one winter day when the car was in storage mode decided to just attack it...should have done it sooner!

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos