996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 showed up today - first impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 02:05 AM
LCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
Eh.. Really? I have not driven a gt2 that would not break the tires loose at will this car is called a widow maker by all club racers.. Maybe you need to ice those 20'' rims you spoke about in other threads. You speak of other cars and the work done on them, who do you use? What motor mods do you have?
Break tires loose under 15-20 mph going straight - prehaps

My S65 will break them loose going straight on the dry doing 50-70 mph

Widowmaker reputation is based on absence of traction control and AWD and BAD factory alighment

Wheels are 19" even though seller clamed 20" - I'm a much happier person

Cars were mostly done by AutoAddiction in Long Island

Here is a video of my favorite car - i thinkit might have been before engine work and at 7lbs of boost

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaybells

And my favorite truck
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaybells#p/u/8/Iok9s9vuHkA

Now - Chris mostly did a mechanical work(install) and I did all the design of the pakages and worked with vendors.

Ifinity, E55s, S65 - Most of custom work came from VRP racing - I've been personal friends with Vadim for over 15 years, most of tunning - me and Victor from VRP Racing

CLK63,ML63 and Cayenne Turbo I have are bolt on only instals - mostly AA, tuning OETunning on AMGs and Sortronic on Cayenne

Infinity Qx56 - was almost all custom and a lot of engine work, custom suspension, built trany, dapted brake kit - I love that truck - true monster - took me 9 moonth to finish - initial tune by me and polished by RT Preformance in PA

Old 10-27-2011, 07:07 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
I am sorry but there must be something wrong with your GT2.. K24/26 those turbos are close to a k24/18g. If you are not happy with that power level in that package I think you should sell it and build a twin t lambo.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LCatGA
My S65 will break them loose going straight on the dry doing 50-70 mph

Here is a video of my favorite car - i thinkit might have been before engine work and at 7lbs of boost

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaybells

CLK63,ML63 and Cayenne Turbo I have are bolt on only instals - mostly AA, tuning OETunning on AMGs and Sortronic on Cayenne
OK so we ask for pics of your new GT2 and you post a video of your favorite car... (over the GT2) a MINI!??????

Righttttttttttt

Yes yes I know, it's got 7 pounds of boost...

Old 10-27-2011, 12:16 PM
LCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
I am sorry but there must be something wrong with your GT2.. K24/26 those turbos are close to a k24/18g. If you are not happy with that power level in that package I think you should sell it and build a twin t lambo.
First of all there is bunch of missing support modes - car has stock wastegates, stock Intercoolers, I cn also add intake to the turbos, injectors, Plenum with larger TB and a good supporting tune to bring car out another 50-80 whp and to make it spull up faster - should bring car to what I need.

I'm very used to to low 11s cars and this is were my comfort zone lies.

2nd - I never bought that car to be a drag strip queen - gust need more power earlier

3rd - ther is MANY people on this forum - everybody with over 500whp who should sell theri cars right now and build Lamb TT )))

The whole point of modifying cars is to get what you want out of them.
"Friends do not let friend to ride stock" - my former bumper sticker

Old 10-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
OK so we ask for pics of your new GT2 and you post a video of your favorite car... (over the GT2) a MINI!??????

Righttttttttttt

Sorry - wrong link
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaybells#p/u/4/U5qQyAXrTUU

I've posted pics from PPI in another thread - will take some picks today in my driveway

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 10-27-2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: promotional link
Old 10-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Something is not smelling right.. You bought a GT-2 with mods that make it at least 580-600 crank hp with NO PSM and a lsd and you want to tell me a benz will beat it? Come on pic's or it never happend.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Mattyrae is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid

Righttttttttttt

I posted a link to Dupontregistry.com with pics on page 1 of this thread, pics are there.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Here is a pic - as well as repost of pics from PPI
Will snap more today
Please keep in mind what I have more $ in mods on Benz then I payed for Gt2

Attached Images     
Old 10-27-2011, 01:55 PM
BTW - put 82.4 miles on the car yesterday - all on the familiar roads - something is defenetly off in the suspension setup - car is very comfortble - soaking up bumps and has a nasty afterbounce. fromt is much softer than rear. On the speeds above 65-70 front feels frisky - too light almoust and front moves 1-2 inches left to right - I think it suverly underdamped to make it in to the cruser

If rain subsides tommorow I wil try to dial Motons in

Old 10-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Also - tire sizes - rears are 295/19/35's
- 7.7% bigger then recomended - wow

I was wrong - disregard

Last edited by LCatGA; 10-27-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:33 PM
The seals will sometimes leak after sitting. Check for leaking lines also.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:01 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
This has got to be one of the strangest threads I've ever read and by far the wierdest and most disconnected post-purchase review of a GT2 I've ever read.

I dunno what to say, just at a loss for words

Old 10-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
This has got to be one of the strangest threads I've ever read and by far the wierdest and most disconnected post-purchase review of a GT2 I've ever read.
Why - cuz I'm not saying what GT2 as it was set up by god know whom is not my most favorite car as compared to the cars I have spend a lot of resources and time to squeez every last bit of preformance?

Car has ton of potential and can become my most favorite car if it can have a cople of power bolt ons - does not need much - just polishing, maybe slightly better breaks(very good but not as good as Rotora/Brembo GT - probably just need different fluid and steel lines) and a lot of suspension setup/upgrades to extract full potential of trully wonderfull body.

Here is more pics - enjoy

Attached Images    
Old 10-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Leon, Something's up, seriously... My 996TT would outrun Hyabusas and break traction with the PSM off in the first 4 gears when it was in RWD and that was with very small hybrid turbos...

Your car should be impressing you, big time.

Mike

Old 10-27-2011, 05:39 PM
6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough
this thread is very confusing... but congrats on the car and hope you get it dialed in to what your lookin for !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GT2 showed up today - first impressions