996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 showed up today - first impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 08:29 AM
krpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sunir
Ok ive had a couple of drinks tonight it's my bday so what can I say ... I will call bs no one else is sayin it we can only say so much. The e55 is not the gt2 period it's not even a viable comparison period. I own a 55k car m 113 engine with all the big mods it may post better et bit not mph...op you are all over the place I don't get it.... You wanna mod w no baseline... You've given the gr2 An abomination of a review and you insist On comparing without getting facts straight!
I love this post. I can definitely see the alcohol affecting the gr2
PS happy birthday

Old 10-28-2011, 09:28 AM
LCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to behold
Guys - common - I'm not trying to knock the car - in my opening statement I've sad what I love it.

Ive sad from begining what I belive car is set up wrong and should be handling much better

This cars are not TQ kings nor I bought this car under that pretense.
I would like to give this car 80-100whp more and reduce spool by 300 or more RPM to make it perrfect - Would not need more power in the car of this weight but right now car is not as lively as I would like it to be

Why is everybody freaking out?

Old 10-28-2011, 10:13 AM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
if you're after torque, look into the Tial A28 turbos.
Those will make insane amounts of tourque, spool like a K16, and be capable of 700 WHP with the correct supporting mods

Old 10-28-2011, 12:18 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Guys - common - I'm not trying to knock the car - in my opening statement I've sad what I love it.

Ive sad from begining what I belive car is set up wrong and should be handling much better

This cars are not TQ kings nor I bought this car under that pretense.
I would like to give this car 80-100whp more and reduce spool by 300 or more RPM to make it perrfect - Would not need more power in the car of this weight but right now car is not as lively as I would like it to be

Why is everybody freaking out?
To be fair, I do see how it may appear as though everyone is piling on pretty hard. I appologize. I think most people are shocked to see somebody so critical of the car right after purchase. Doesn't usually happen. As for your plans to mod, it is your money so it is ultimately your decision. But I think before you get to crazy with dumping money into it, it would be wise to setup your current configuration the way it should be. It is easier to make the decision of whether to upgrade if you have an accurate view of what your car is supposed to drive like before blowing another $20k into it. It is a lighter car than your others and once you get the right WGs and suspension settings you may find it a bear without throwing another 100hp at it. Unless of course you just want dyno reps. Just my .02

Old 10-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Mattyrae is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VAGscum
Lol. That's funny's right there.

He just needs to get his car looked at and to be set straight and he will be alright. I don't suspect any conspiracies here. He is just not familiar with what the car is supposed to drive and handle like and he thinks what it is doing now is normal. He just has an incorrectly set up car.

We will know when he get's it set up because all of his AMGs will be for sale.
Awsome, love both of these posts, made my morning. BTW, I love my GT2, in the Spring I will have UMW do a tune, exhaust, 5bar, DV's and upgraded wastegates, but for now, it is scary fast, especially considering temps. here are 30-50 F.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:56 PM
LCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to behold
Set up suspension today - On the back shocks - remote reservoar - 1 click softer - helped with power delivery - more dificult to spin tires but car puls stronger - less front lift

On front - reservuars - 2 clicks stiffers(they were not set up even - left side had 1 click - right - 2 clicks - now bouth sides are at 4 cklicks, top of the shock - 1 click stiffer. - MUCH better. No more loose front end - car feels as one - tight and coherent. Sterring responce much better but i still feel rubber bushing on the rod ends.

Still some body roll - need stiffer springs - right now I belive springs are 250 front, 400 rear. Going with 100+lbs would create a great compromise.

Motor mounts should bring it to another level )))))))))))
Car is beautifull - now it is overall tie with my E55 in term of viceral efect and communicates road much more precise. I also think it pulls faster on the top.

How can suspension affect power delivery so much????

Thanks to everybody for helpinng me to pull best out of this car

Old 10-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by VAGscum
To be fair, I do see how it may appear as though everyone is piling on pretty hard. I appologize. I think most people are shocked to see somebody so critical of the car right after purchase. Doesn't usually happen.

It is a lighter car than your others and once you get the right WGs and suspension settings you may find it a bear without throwing another 100hp at it. Unless of course you just want dyno reps. Just my .02
The only reason I'm "critical" of the car is because I'm stepping in to it from highly modified cars - no other stock car I've driven is anythere close to GT2 even in the form it was delivered including Ferraries and Lambos

As far as weight - My E55 on the diet(a lot of CF and parts removal, lightweight rotors and parts, etc.. - 3200lbs or so

Why do you think I was able to get it handle pretty good(KW coilovers revalved, with custom perches and springs, all control arms, all bushing, strut tower reinforsments and custom braces and farme x-braces, Motor mounts, Quafe LSD, lightweight wheels)

What took a lot of work on E55 this car delivers in almost stock form right off the bet.

Thats why I'm supprized what everybody was upset with me. In my mind I was paying car some of the highest compliments

Old 10-28-2011, 01:43 PM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
Now you can put some money into spelling lessons

Old 10-28-2011, 02:49 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by krpt176
I love this post. I can definitely see the alcohol affecting the gr2
PS happy birthday

hahaha thanks bro !!! yeah def good times! Tonight is round two at da club !!!

I can see it now lol ... that 'er gr2 or em tvr or whateva be one mighty fast car right der ...burp! hahaha

Old 10-28-2011, 05:10 PM
3200 lbs. for an E55? Down from a curb weight of 3857? Does it only have 1 seat now?

Old 10-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LiNks
Pictures of the car?...I live in Great Neck also, going to keep an eye out

also local around the area. would like to see some pics

Old 10-28-2011, 06:07 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by saeyedoc
Now you can put some money into spelling lessons
Bwahahahahah (sp)

Old 10-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Just back from RPM North
They fully confirmed my diagnosis
Car feels week as it only runing 0.9 bar at peak and sppols up pretty late.

Suspension setup is all screwd up - springs are a bit too soft for Motons, aligment is off and car is slamed too low for factory arms/dogebones to be able to be adjusted. They have commented on the same things - front is too light and car is searching at the higher speeds, body roll is to much, steering feels disconnected.

Car is going in on Tuesday for instalation of RSR lower arms, dog bones, rear toe steer kit, motor mounts and 997 trany mount.

Next week car will go for instalation of boost hoses, Wastegates, Intercoolers, Intake to the turbos and injectors and LSD will be send to the Guard for rework so that should really bring this puppy home(Already has k24/26, Tubi exaust, FVD headers, EvoMS Air intake)

Might have to loose Tubi exaust - I like sound but drone is around 2000-2400 RPMs - crusing range - gets to you after a while

I can only imagine how sweet would it be after all the things will be sorted out.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Europipe would help with spooling the boost quicker and more low end torque.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:51 PM
krpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to behold
Europipe would help with spooling the boost quicker and more low end torque.
How does that help? Less restrictive cats? Diameter of the exhaust allowing the car to breathe better?
Appreciate the info.
Glad you are getting your car sorted out

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GT2 showed up today - first impressions