996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 showed up today - first impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by saeyedoc
Now you can put some money into spelling lessons

This^....but then again we are obviously dealing w/ ESL

Old 10-28-2011, 11:58 PM
LCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
This^....but then again we are obviously dealing w/ ESL
Yes - ESL J and laziness – my apology for not using spell checker but a lot of times I’m doing it from the phone. I’m sure small screen and poor keyboard also contributing factors – but I have to say – guilty as charged J

Old 10-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Evo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LCatGA
Yes - ESL J and laziness – my apology for not using spell checker but a lot of times I’m doing it from the phone. I’m sure small screen and poor keyboard also contributing factors – but I have to say – guilty as charged J
Also, English is not his first language. Wish I could speak a second language as fluently as the OP. I've spoken with him on the phone several times. He's a good guy and a true car fanatic. Good luck with the GT2!

Old 10-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Yes, ESL=English as a Second Language. And correct, I am not bilingual so am in no position to judge.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:03 AM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
wow, just did a search to see who i was dealing with. anyways

Last edited by gt2buyer; 10-31-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:07 PM
LCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to behold
Have not asked to help me out nor did I say what I have no money - I have outlined my budjet.

But if offering 10% discount from asking price is a lowballing - when I would be guilty as charged

Thanks

Old 10-30-2011, 02:13 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
^LCatGa
your tire size in the rear is WAY off.
it is not 7.7% larger. On a 19" wheel you need to be at 315 25 19.
i have a RWD converted 996tt making 500rwhp. i use RPM as my exclusive shop.
when i get back to NY we should do a few runs together.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
Not learning a language that is used primarily in a country you live is pure laziness. I learned, really not that hard, my mother learned also so no excuses. Just saying not judging. If I had to guess we have a good number of members who are at least bilingual here.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
^LCatGa
your tire size in the rear is WAY off.
it is not 7.7% larger. On a 19" wheel you need to be at 315 25 19.
i have a RWD converted 996tt making 500rwhp. i use RPM as my exclusive shop.
when i get back to NY we should do a few runs together.
Like I'v tried to say in edited post - disregard whole post - tire is 295 30 19

Looking forward to some friendly runs

Old 10-30-2011, 08:22 PM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
Have not asked to help me out nor did I say what I have no money - I have outlined my budjet.

But if offering 10% discount from asking price is a lowballing - when I would be guilty as charged

Thanks
sorry, but it was 20%, still trying to make your self look good.
either way, good luck with your build, seats should be the last thing on your list if you only have a 10K budget to build a GT2. good luck

Old 10-30-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by gt2buyer
sorry, but it was 20%, still trying to make your self look good.
either way, good luck with your build, seats should be the last thing on your list if you only have a 10K budget to build a GT2. good luck
I could get in to lengthy discussion about first offer, second offer, negotiation, etc. Not even going to go there. Details of private negotiation should not be brought out for an entertainment of fellow forum members. If you felt what my offers and reasoning was offensive to you in any way shape or form you should have just pass on the offer instead of continuing negotiations.

Disclosing my budgets, and any over information shared over private communications is just very uncool

Good luck with your sale.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Mattyrae is infamous around these parts
I could get in to lengthy discussion about first offer, second offer, negotiation, etc. Not even going to go there. Details of private negotiation should not be brought out for an entertainment of fellow forum members. If you felt what my offers and reasoning was offensive to you in any way shape or form you should have just pass on the offer instead of continuing negotiations.

Disclosing my budgets, and any over information shared over private communications is just very uncool

Good luck with your sale.
I agree, if you don't like his offer, say no. I am sure his budget is more than 10k if he felt like it, he could easily move one of his other cars to pursue more with his GT2. Everyone knows both buyers and sellers are in a way liars, but we make a choice to accept an offer, if we accept and find out later that the buyer was willing to pay more, or the seller had more room to move down, it's our bad.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:44 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mattyrae
3200 lbs. for an E55? Down from a curb weight of 3857? Does it only have 1 seat now?
Agreed. I don't get how he did this either...but then again I don't get anything about the OP, his car(s), his goals, past modding history, or even communictions with strategy for any of the above...

I am an immigrant as well...came here as a kid, was in ESL, became a US citizen etc...etc... this whole thing has nothing to do with that...I , and other's I'm sure, just don't get OP... some of the things he posts, or the sort...this said best of luck to him, please keep us posted thanks

Old 10-31-2011, 07:13 PM
i just wanted to say, i am sorry. I should have never said anything about our PM. If i could take it back i would. Please accept my apology.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by gt2buyer
i just wanted to say, i am sorry. I should have never said anything about our PM. If i could take it back i would. Please accept my apology.
I appreciate this response with all my heart.
Thanks for being big enough to admit what any non-fraudulent details of private negotiations in progress should not be brought out to public non-relevant parties