996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6speedonline's official 1/4 Mile, 60-130, 100-150 and Standing Mile thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:28 AM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by johnny.dangerous
Thanks, I dont have the Vbox sd card at home right now will try when I get to work.

I was asking myself when to stop working on cars, logging vboxes etc. When I saw your age (49) I got so happy. This passion continues at the age of 49 Enjoy your VBOX.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:37 AM
johnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3
I was asking myself when to stop working on cars, logging vboxes etc. When I saw your age (49) I got so happy. This passion continues at the age of 49 Enjoy your VBOX.
**** dude you just made me feel damn oldLuckily Im not your average 49 year old I still hit the gym 4 days a week and can still get away with 40, even with my top off !!!!

Old 01-13-2014, 03:03 AM
johnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud of
OK Im getting confused with the software and how to use it
1) I have several runs and got a 60-130 time on my phone app of 8.5 secs yet when i highlight that in acceleration results it does not come up.
2) I can get a line for height but no scale to one side

If I mail the file to someone can they give me a guide for idiots to use performance box?

Old 01-13-2014, 07:22 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Guys,
Member HoustonT sent over a file from his UGR Lambo LP570. The car has a stage 3 kit and is on MS109. The run is a 3.59s 60-130!

Congrats Peter!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3.59s HoutonT LP570 -2.6%.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	320761  
Old 01-13-2014, 08:12 AM
Double post (getting old !!!!)

Old 01-13-2014, 08:14 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Double post (getting old !!!!)
Email your .dbns to MBailey

Old 01-13-2014, 08:24 AM
Is there a e.mail address somewhere ?

Old 01-13-2014, 09:25 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Is there a e.mail address somewhere ?
here ya go. mikebai@swbell.net This info is in the first post of this thread. BTW, those Vbox Sports aren't reliable.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:41 AM
In what way are they not reliable dude? I took data from my Vbox Sport at an event called 30-130 and it was identical that from the larger Vbox the organisers were using! Also at the drag strip if anything it will read a fraction higher time for the 1/4 but the terminal is spot on, I put this down to the fraction of a second it takes to realise it has travelled the 1/4 and the fact that GPS is only accurate to X amount of feet depending on the political climate at the time and the strip time is by beams being broken Vbox is by distance measured via GPS therfore im prob running a couple of feet over 1320 !!!

Old 01-13-2014, 10:19 AM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
I use this site to see if the run can be verified before I send it to someone.

http://www.perfdb.com/

It gives a graph like this:

(my car on pump gas)

This site is very convenient for me because I don't like using windows pc

Name:	TEST-000013-V-060-130MPH.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	320811  
Old 01-13-2014, 10:57 AM
Yeah Ive been on to Racelogic, mailed the file and she told me I need to crop the relative data from each set of runs and input that into a graph, Ill try and play tonight and see if I get anywhere.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:10 PM
PencilGeek is a jewel in the roughPencilGeek is a jewel in the roughPencilGeek is a jewel in the rough
Guys, I have a V.Box Sport and cant see how to log the height change over a run! How do I do this? I spoke to racelogic at the Autosport show and they are going to put elevation change in the Iphone app, I therfore though it was going to be obvious in the Performance Box software.
This seems to be some type of bug in the iPhone app, or something. I've seen dozens of files with this same anomaly. It's not you. I have a tech support question on their forums for this same exact question. So far, no answer. I pinged them about it last night as well.

Last edited by PencilGeek; 01-13-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:14 PM
PencilGeek is a jewel in the roughPencilGeek is a jewel in the roughPencilGeek is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by w00zy
I use this site to see if the run can be verified before I send it to someone.

http://www.perfdb.com/

It gives a graph like this:

(my car on pump gas)

If you want to batch test files for validation, then use http://www.vboxtools.com instead of http://www.perfdb.com. They are the same software, but the difference is you can use perfdb.com results for posting graphs on a web site (they will always stay there), but vboxtools.com they may get deleted (though none ever have). So just for batch testing, I recommend vboxtools.com. Then once you are satisfied with the results and want to save the graphs forever, upload the same file to perfdb.com. I hope that makes sense.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by w00zy
Here's another thing to know. The software checks for errors in the files that aren't humanly possible to check (or at least not practical). Files with errors are flagged as invalid, but a human checking it might miss finding the errors. For example, when the number of satellites changes sometimes the height data jumps. If height changes above a certain threshold, then the error is flagged. The program also checks for missing samples, lost satellite signals, changes in sampling rate in the middle of a file. All of these are flagged as errors though a human might not ever catch them.

I'm in the final stages of putting braking tests in the program too. At first the braking tests will be 100-0, 75-0, 60-0, 30-0, and 20-0. Braking tests can be triggered two ways: 1) strictly based on speed like 100-0, or 2) accelerate through a speed then hit the brakes. For the latter type, let's say you accelerate up to 105 MPH then hit the brakes. The test would be identified as 100-0, but the test results would show 105-0 without limiting the output to 100-0.

Eventually I will add tests like 0-100-0 as well.

People upload approximately 50-75 files per week for validation. It seems to be pretty popular.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:09 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Guys,
Member lostmarine knocked about 0.3s off his 60-130 best. He now has a 7.04s run in his 09 DCT E92 M3 / Evolve Supercharged / on pump!
Nice run Steven! You should see 6s soon...

Name:	7.03 Lostmarine M3.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	464.4 KB
ID:	324144  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline's official 1/4 Mile, 60-130, 100-150 and Standing Mile thread