996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

OBD2 Gauge for AFR and more

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 01:38 AM
code7rpd has a spectacular aura aboutcode7rpd has a spectacular aura about
Interested in the din plate as well. Also, if I wanted to monitor oil temp (won't read it without an external sensor) I would imagine the best place would be on the oil drain plug. Does the external oil temp sender come in 1/8 npt?

Old 11-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Our cars have an oil temp gauge, but if you want a second one, the EOT sensor would usually be mounted one of these ways:

1) a spare threaded hole in the oil pan
2) a spare threaded hole in the block

Sometimes there are threaded holes in the block or other oil plumbing
hardware that are there for manufacturing purposes. After manufacture, a threaded plug is installed in the hole.
I'm not familiar enough with the 911 block, so I don't know if this is the case.

I think the drain plug is a bad location/option...it could easily become struck by something.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 04-06-2012, 02:50 PM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
any updates on this ?
anything for the 997 crowd ?
Face Plate or Color Compatibility with interior color ?
Comparable unit to Zeitronix ?

Old 04-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
The 996TT DIN plate is available and has been for a few months now...

The unit is designed to work with the 997TT, so the standard Brockway DGauge or Micro Mount will work fine.

The case is black, the display color is adjustable.

You will have to look up and compare all the feature differences between the two brands. For instance, the Brockway is plug and play for dual bank AFR. When I was looking into Zietronix, you had to drill, weld additional 02 bungs, then installl an additional two wide band 02 sensors and run wiring to get dual bank AFR. It was a lot of work and expense.

This is a nice plug and play unit that can be left out for display, kept in the glove box as a permanent installation or stored as an "as needed" plug in unit...it only takes about 30 seconds to plug it in and get it up and running.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 04-06-2012, 04:33 PM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
I see where you are coming from w/ the AFR - O2s etc.

Hope it is OK for me to ask you...or I can PM as well.. about a few other products out there ppl are using ..

Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
The 996TT DIN plate is available and has been for a few months now...

The unit is designed to work with the 997TT, so the standard Brockway DGauge or Micro Mount will work fine.

The case is black, the display color is adjustable.

You will have to look up and compare all the feature differences between the two brands. For instance, the Brockway is plug and play for dual bank AFR. When I was looking into Zietronix, you had to drill, weld additional 02 bungs, then installl an additional two wide band 02 sensors and run wiring to get dual bank AFR. It was a lot of work and expense.

This is a nice plug and play unit that can be left out for display, kept in the glove box as a permanent installation or stored as an "as needed" plug in unit...it only takes about 30 seconds to plug it in and get it up and running.