996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

FRAUD ALERT - Do You Know This Guy - REWARD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 12:23 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
They need to do a signature on delivery with license or fingerprint scan or something. And that way everyone is in the system. Invasive enough privacy wise to have all records in the system but private enough to still not be able to track everyone's movements on a day to day basis. This is a democratic government meant to protect all people. Would kind of make sense our government a least knew who every person was that lives in the borders of the US.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:48 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Tony, I agree with you most of the time but I am going to have to disagree this time...prosecution is what is important at this point and exactly why we need to keep private communications private
This is the mindless "policy" crap that makes 6speed so irrelevant.

This is not speed publishing a name, but rather a member publishing the name. 6 speed is not legally responsible for what other members post....And since when is a name private?

Whatever. You need to post pictures of items you want to sell to avoid benign scammed- but once you get scammed you cannot tell others the name of the seller. I feel safe.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:48 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ard
This is the mindless "policy" crap that makes 6speed so irrelevant.

This is not speed publishing a name, but rather a member publishing the name. 6 speed is not legally responsible for what other members post....And since when is a name private?

Whatever. You need to post pictures of items you want to sell to avoid benign scammed- but once you get scammed you cannot tell others the name of the seller. I feel safe.
I have to agree with ard a little. It would be more for our protection than the privacy of the individual that scammed us. Why does he warrant protection when we are the ones to potentially get scammed? If he commited a crime it should be made blatantly known to the rest of the board. It's one thing if he scammed one person, but from looking at the thread, he has scammed multiple people including vendors and members alike. Like the sex offender registry, we already have a scammer registry dont we? Unless the emails disclose personal content like bank account numbers or telephone numbers, why should it matter if it just has their name and email?

Even if it gets resolved, and some people got their money back, it would still be a benefit for the rest of the board to know how he carries about his business. If he's truly sick I would feel for him, but at the same time if he's going through that much in his life, why would he be spending so much time posting things for sale and buying items from vendors for his car? Just doesn't add up.

If you guys (or IB) just put up a blanket statement that says we are not responsible for what our members post, that should be enough to hold up to any potential lawsuits.

Last edited by dragonman4; 11-28-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Most all packages that ship from Vivid Racing and our vendors have signature confirmation. This package was signed for with a fake ID of the person on the first post.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Most all packages that ship from Vivid Racing and our vendors have signature confirmation. This package was signed for with a fake ID of the person on the first post.
If that's the case then they set out from the beginning to scam you. Show no mercy.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
who is talking about names? Ard do you ever read a post when you quote it?...if 6 speed is so irrelevant why are you still here? I was talking about private email communications and that was all...guess you aren't the only one who didn't read my post as an email was posted right after...btw, I'm not talking about protecting 6 speed...I am talking about not messing up the prosecution of a scammer

Old 11-28-2011, 11:20 AM
sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
who is talking about names? Ard do you ever read a post when you quote it?...if 6 speed is so irrelevant why are you still here? I was talking about private email communications and that was all...guess you aren't the only one who didn't read my post as an email was posted right after...btw, I'm not talking about protecting 6 speed...I am talking about not messing up the prosecution of a scammer
While virtually every forum I frequent upholds the privacy of PM's, I was just curious why you would extend the same privacy restriction to emails (unless the email contained a footer that established its confidentiality)?

Just wondering if there was a fine distinction between PM and emails.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Wow...gl vivid and other victims. I hope he gets what he deserves.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:07 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Chuck makes a good point. This is an ID thief, con artist, if you out them publicly, then they change names/identities and become harder to catch. As much info as possible should be passed via PM, especially if the con artist is using legitimate peoples information, not fair to those people who are victims as well to have their info splattered all over the internet.

I had posted an address earlier, but then deleted it and sent via PM for this reason.

There is more than enough info without posting personal information for someone to find out if they have been ripped off by this person and use Vivid's contact to aid in prosecution. Posting everything we know on the net isn't going to help anything but the crook get away.

I mean geesh, don't you guys watch Law and Order? LOL

Old 11-28-2011, 01:10 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
On another note, Eclou did something clever a while back when banning the Z07/Porscherboy troll by tracking IP addresses, help keep him away. I hope IB is doing something to help protect members from this guy striking again. He could be stealing from another 6speeder as we speak if not.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I'm certainly not going to disclose what capability we have to track down scammers..let's just say that Gene's (eclou) guy was not as clever in covering his tracks as this guy is....we have caught him and banned him every time he has been active on the board...unfortunately, he then turned to scamming our sponsors and members by phone, email and pm and operating behind the scenes so he wouldn't get caught...everyone should be aware and be very careful doing business with a low post count member that no one knows...and when someone claims to be a 6 speed member but has no posts on the board feel free to ask me to verify the account and to take a look at it

Old 11-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We all encounter issues in life. Its how we deal with them that matters. Its one thing to go through hard times. But putting the puzzle pieces together, this is more then that.

As far as IB goes... Chuck is a man that has assumed the moderator position. I am sure he has to follow protocol. But being IB is forum/ad business, the same user info should be passed on to others. Much like the way you have banned ADV1 from all IB boards, there should be a bullet about scammers. Or a sticky of alleged poor/risky sellers so members and businesses dont get conned.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Former Vendor
lets keep this on track... I will only tell the facts I have and will give a resolution update here.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Administrator
Dan, you mean like this sticky in all the marketplace sections...btw...your thread is already included

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tin-board.html

Old 11-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Former Vendor
Perfecto Sir! Sorry us parts hawkers dont go down there much. Its good you have that though as that stuff gets indexed in search engines so it makes a difference.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FRAUD ALERT - Do You Know This Guy - REWARD