996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

2003 911 TT for sale at CMC.????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
2003 911 TT for sale at CMC.????

OK I am / was considering this 911 from CMC (Chicago Motor Car) http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/1127/photos/910728
But after reading the thread I did about their GT2 transaction from several more years ago I am even more gun shy.
The car has been moded by AMS performance and it does have some of the mods on it I would do to any other car I bought. But that being said I am very leary about the reaction I got from AMS to. I called them to inquire about their history with the car and all I got from them is they no longer own it. I asked multiple questions and they said the same thing. I asked the guy I was talking to if there was anyone there beside him who could answer some questions and he said maybe and he would take my number and have him call me. Well I did not get a call back needless to say. What that told me was to deal with another tuning shop beside them in the future.
I know there are numerous members on here from the area in which the car is located. Has anyone seen it that can offer any opinion on the car.
If I do take this any further I know it will be taken to the local Porsche dealership for both and inspection and a leak down test. I am sure AMS has socked the boost to the motor while doing there Texas mile runs so I want to know the general condition of the motor. Not even mentioning the numerous U tube videos of late night street races.
I originally started bidding on this car on E-bay but it seemed like the person that was bidding against me was an insider seeing how they only had a history of bidding on numerous expensive cars in a short order. I quickly gave up the e-bay thing on the car.
Please people any help you can offer on the history of this car is much appreciated. I know the car has been involved in one or two threads on here from before.
Thank you so much in advance.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 11-16-2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: active link
Old 11-16-2011, 11:41 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
I think you have all the answers you need...

I don't blame AMS for not talking. They had a business transaction with the prior owner and he was paying the bills. Although if it was a sound, no stories car one might expect the guy to say "Yeah, we've worked on it- solid car, no issues when we last saw it"

Spoke to CMC years ago when I was shopping...once...

A

Old 11-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ard
I don't blame AMS for not talking. They had a business transaction with the prior owner and he was paying the bills. Although if it was a sound, no stories car one might expect the guy to say "Yeah, we've worked on it- solid car, no issues when we last saw it"

A

It was AMS own personal car, they owned it and they would not even tell me how it worked and what was done. They used it as there test bed for R&D. I had some hope that they could say that they had it all sorted out and what their experience was with the car.
I know some shops just will not sell certain mod to the public without being involved in the tunes because certain people just do not take the time or have the means to get it all done right; and with it being their own personal car I would hope they went the extra mile on it AMS left there stickers on the car so in some way I just figured they would still have some pride in what they did. I myself own a race shop and I will fully say that any unit I have worked on or owned I will easily and happily tell you what is up with it.
No worries though. I do think I have completely made up my mind on this one.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:52 PM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
You spoke with Ty, one of my 4 salesman here. Eric Gaudi, my sales manager overheard the conversation and he said it was handled well. They told you what they knew

1. We used this car for development, we put very few miles on it.
2. We raced it at Texas Mile
3. There are no video of the car racing except for the Texas mile video and that's because the car was not street raced or heavily abused in videos. I'm not sure where you're getting this from.

We put very few miles on the car as it was not daily driven. It was on the dyno testing parts, driven at the Texas Mile, and made two individual runs down a drag strip (I drove it myself). The second time it went to the drag strip it broke a stock rear axle on the first pass and was then upgraded to the Drive shaft shop level 5 axles and has not been back to the track.

I'm not sure if you have a bad experience with CMC or what but it seems like you're fishing for things to bring the value of the car down. It's worth what you think it's worth, that's fine. CMC bought the car from us and that's where it stands, it's not our car anymore and we're still fielding calls about the car to help out, and we're ok with that too.

-Martin

Last edited by AMS; 11-16-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:08 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AMS
YThey told you what they knew
Glad you saw this and you (apparently) know more!

Old 11-16-2011, 06:24 PM
You see I would have been very happy with some of the info below as I never got any single statement from the man I talked to other than (We do not own the car any more) I ask if there was anyone there other than him who could tell me more. He said the man to talk was busy I asked if he could call me back; but never did.

The info yo left below is the kind of stuff I wanted to hear. I am in Canada and I just cannot go look at the car for myself. I had zero clue about anything you guys did to the car. I am meticulous with my cars so I wanted specifics which no one there at AMS provided...

And after finding numerous posts about CMC misrepresenting cars I was even more sceptical. Now from what I have read in my searches AMS has a fairly good rep in the community, but was your establishment helpful to me with providing me info, NO you were not, not until I asked questions on here did I get even one single useful answer; BUT!!!! I get it in the form of your defence letter.

Now I am the one dropping 60+g on a car and it is due diligence and smart for me to ask such questions. I have $$$$ to spend, I did not get that cash by by mere chance....

So you can say anything you want on here to try and make me look bad, stupid or maniacal, but if so you are shooting yourself in the foot when it comes to any chance of earning my business later on. If you say your manager or even you mom over heard so and so's conversation with me I say; well good for them. I overheard nothing as I am the person he spoke to.

Now I will say he was not rude (I keep calling him he because I do not remember if it was ty for sure) he was not even loud or un-ruley. But he definitely was not willing to or able to answer my questions; nor was he informative as to what kind of services you guys could provide me with if I did not buy this car and I wanted to mod another!!! And I did ask that question too.

So if you want to call and talk directly to me about this matter please feel free to use the number I provided you with several days ago; or PM if you no longer have it and I will provide it to you.

And yes I know you used this car as your own personal test car, that’s why I considered it, as it was just not some do it your self-ers car I figured you guys would go the extra mile to work the bugs out.
And yes I know you raced the Texas mile with it, there are videos to prove it. But I did not know if it was 2 passes or 2 thousand; and was the boost at 11 psi or was it 30 psi.
As per the street racing, well I guess to that I must say sorry as I thought this was your yellow 996 in this video, but I see now that I miss read the video tag and it is not your 911 It is a GTR which you guys tuned racing a 911. It was yellow and an assumption on my part I guess; like I said --> Sorry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot1M_V5KRX8

I liked the car and I wanted more info about it before I started throwing money at the deal to have the car inspected prior purchase. No matter what I would want a leak down and a good look through by an unbiased source. Which I hoped AMS could provide some good unbiased info.

I contacted several other tuning shops about what kind of services they could provide and even talked about the CMC unit to them both. Both the sales guys at the other shops actually seemed to get excited about what I wanted to accomplish or end up with. They send me multiple links Via E-mail as to what they could provide and what kind of components or names of components they recomended. That to me was great service.

Either way it is done now.

Originally Posted by AMS
You spoke with Ty, one of my 4 salesman here. Eric Gaudi, my sales manager overheard the conversation and he said it was handled well. They told you what they knew

3. There are no video of the car racing except for the Texas mile video and that's because the car was not street raced or heavily abused in videos. I'm not sure where you're getting this from.

We put very few miles on the car as it was not daily driven. It was on the dyno testing parts, driven at the Texas Mile, and made two individual runs down a drag strip (I drove it myself). The second time it went to the drag strip it broke a stock rear axle on the first pass and was then upgraded to the Drive shaft shop level 5 axles and has not been back to the track.

I'm not sure if you have a bad experience with CMC or what but it seems like you're fishing for things to bring the value of the car down. It's worth what you think it's worth, that's fine. CMC bought the car from us and that's where it stands, it's not our car anymore and we're still fielding calls about the car to help out, and we're ok with that too.

-Martin

Last edited by Engine Guy; 11-16-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:01 PM
muker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AMS

-Martin
Sounds like a very friendly and customer oriented shop. Sign me up!

Old 11-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Colt911 is infamous around these parts
Be Cautious

Have 3 friends who never were quite satisfied with purchases there. They always bought on price versus total customer experience.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:44 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Engine Guy
You see I would have been very happy with some of the info below as I never got any single statement from the man I talked to other than (We do not own the car any more) I ask if there was anyone there other than him who could tell me more. He said the man to talk was busy I asked if he could call me back; but never did.

The info yo left below is the kind of stuff I wanted to hear. I am in Canada and I just cannot go look at the car for myself. I had zero clue about anything you guys did to the car. I am meticulous with my cars so I wanted specifics which no one there at AMS provided...

And after finding numerous posts about CMC misrepresenting cars I was even more sceptical. Now from what I have read in my searches AMS has a fairly good rep in the community, but was your establishment helpful to me with providing me info, NO you were not, not until I asked questions on here did I get even one single useful answer; BUT!!!! I get it in the form of your defence letter.

Now I am the one dropping 60+g on a car and it is due diligence and smart for me to ask such questions. I have $$$$ to spend, I did not get that cash by by mere chance....

So you can say anything you want on here to try and make me look bad, stupid or maniacal, but if so you are shooting yourself in the foot when it comes to any chance of earning my business later on. If you say your manager or even you mom over heard so and so's conversation with me I say; well good for them. I overheard nothing as I am the person he spoke to.

Now I will say he was not rude (I keep calling him he because I do not remember if it was ty for sure) he was not even loud or un-ruley. But he definitely was not willing to or able to answer my questions; nor was he informative as to what kind of services you guys could provide me with if I did not buy this car and I wanted to mod another!!! And I did ask that question too.

So if you want to call and talk directly to me about this matter please feel free to use the number I provided you with several days ago; or PM if you no longer have it and I will provide it to you.

And yes I know you used this car as your own personal test car, that’s why I considered it, as it was just not some do it your self-ers car I figured you guys would go the extra mile to work the bugs out.
And yes I know you raced the Texas mile with it, there are videos to prove it. But I did not know if it was 2 passes or 2 thousand; and was the boost at 11 psi or was it 30 psi.
As per the street racing, well I guess to that I must say sorry as I thought this was your yellow 996 in this video, but I see now that I miss read the video tag and it is not your 911 It is a GTR which you guys tuned racing a 911. It was yellow and an assumption on my part I guess; like I said --> Sorry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot1M_V5KRX8

I liked the car and I wanted more info about it before I started throwing money at the deal to have the car inspected prior purchase. No matter what I would want a leak down and a good look through by an unbiased source. Which I hoped AMS could provide some good unbiased info.

I contacted several other tuning shops about what kind of services they could provide and even talked about the CMC unit to them both. Both the sales guys at the other shops actually seemed to get excited about what I wanted to accomplish or end up with. They send me multiple links Via E-mail as to what they could provide and what kind of components or names of components they recomended. That to me was great service.

Either way it is done now.
I'm sorry nobody called you back, someone should have. Like a I said, unfortunately Ty didn't know much about the car at all or our Porsche program and that's why he couldn't answer your questions.

I think my post came off wrong and I can see how it did. I wasn't trying to insult you or make you look bad. I read your email to CMC (they sent it to us) and you made a point of saying the price is too high and then saying how the car was street raced and heavily abused frequently (and there are videos to prove it). To me that seems like you were going to beat the price down on this (mis)information.

I know the most about the car since I was involved with development. I'll PM you since I don't have your #, if you're still interested then I'll help as much as I can, otherwise good luck in your search!

-Martin

Last edited by AMS; 11-18-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the returned messages, I got your PM's too. I tried calling you twice but the first time you were at lunch and the second time you had already left for the day. I left you a voice mail the first time.

Maybe monday then. I call this issue water under the bridge.

Cheers
EngineGuy