996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Please help me add the most healthy 300 whp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks!! Hope so too... Added a few more pics... Manual porting job, headers and turbos... All waiting for 2bar of boost

Attached Images    
Old 05-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
I am using 225/35/18 Michelin PS2 on stock rims, i might switch to OZ Allegerittas (not the best looking) or some light rims soon

As the car is rwd, there is a lot of tolerance about the size of the fronts.. i will mix the taller tire 305/35/18 with stockers....for the long term i would search in your place the possibility to run 997 AWD on your Syvecs, that would be a really cool feature

Planning to move to Syvecs maybe at some point, after all the flex fuel stuff will be ready and tested... as we are sharing almost the same setup i can start from your maps just kidding.. i am going to run custom Markski's 30s too

I think you are going to love RWD conversion, i really enjoyed mine and not looking back even i got out in February on a dry/almost dry highway and i was spinning till 125mph like hell.. was a bit scary.. LOL (if 997 AWD will be available for 996 i will reconsider that)

Old 05-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Take care with those MTs they are going to hook well so even a hard burnout can harm your axles. It should be more about torque, wheel hop, etc i saw good times launching btw 3500-4000 rpms and slipping a bit the clutch, more on the clutch less on the axles... My best was 1.79 but on ps2 and street pressure rwd using this technique. But as i have found out we can use vw caravelle axles as oem replacement at 50% of porsche price

Old 05-07-2013, 04:59 PM
That sounds good to me, r888 hook well too

Old 05-08-2013, 02:04 PM
RxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Those headers looks nice, just like Marski headers The turbos looks great also just like some custom turbos from 911tuning , enjoy your new found power!!!

Old 05-08-2013, 02:49 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fadi
gearbox surgery...

The only real problem - 2nd gear mainshaft shows what happened there , car was seeing just a few times 1.5 bar on A3076, small stuff to replace, normal for this kind of car, mileage and abuse...

Otherwise a perfect looking and strong gearbox, if going to replace the mainshaft will do 997 gt2 and rebuilding 1-3 gears

Also some differential bearings might need replacement, not sure will add a LSD for now as i dont really see real benefit for straight line acceleration
Mike Colby and I have very simalar power. Colby has an LSD, I do not. With the same R888 tires he does not lose traction and I do on the same surface. I attribute that to his LSD. If you are in there, I recommend you replace with an LSD.

Last edited by BlackHorseTurbo; 05-08-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by RxPorsche
Those headers looks nice, just like Marski headers The turbos looks great also just like some custom turbos from 911tuning , enjoy your new found power!!!
Yes indeed, some custom custom30s headers are nice and light, thank you !

Old 05-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo

Mike Colby and I have very simalar power. Colby has an LSD, I do not. With the same R888 tires he does not lose traction and I do on the same surface. I attribute that to his LSD. If you are in there, I recommend you replace with an LSD.
Thank you for the input but a bit too late for that and already tired of waiting, working and changing stuff... Summer is coming.. going to leave some goodies for next year: intake mainfold, lsd and some others

I was reading the other day a post from scott/divexxtreme saying that for straight line he felt his more potent 996tt safer and in line from the performance point of view with his 996 gt2 that runs a factory lsd

Maybe also suspension setup, power delivery and tires type/pressure make a difference ?

I think your engine is making more torque and sooner than Colby's ... Bigger engine and maybe different turbos (??).. Might be that a valid reason ?

Old 06-13-2013, 03:02 AM
works in progress

new tires, light seats, fuel system

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0621.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	251777   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0518.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	310.5 KB
ID:	251778   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0630.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	251781  
Attached Images   
Old 06-13-2013, 04:41 AM
Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !
Lookin' good, brother! Can't wait to see it all come together - with results.
-V