996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Vivid Racing Stroker Kit 3.8L or 4.0L for 996 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 08:46 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
ok , whats the thikness of the oem head gaskets ? plus will you use the same thikness head gaskets or you will reduce the compirtion by adding more thik gaskets ?

Old 12-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
To be honest, I am not sure the thickness. Anything outside of the crank, rods, and pistons is not included in the kit so can all be custom specd by the customer or the engine builder. If someone needs advice and direction, between my team and BC, we can get the answers.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:27 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
Thanks RDSS.

Dynamic - PM sent.

If anyone is in the market for one of these, I will offer a special deal for those that want to represent some serious power!
Dan shoot me A PM if the price is right you may have a buyer

Old 12-03-2011, 06:58 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Dan
I am still waiting for a response as well.
Happy Holidays
Robert

Old 12-04-2011, 10:50 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Dan
I am still waiting for a response as well.
Happy Holidays
Robert
Rob are you still running the stock bore size on yours?

Old 12-04-2011, 12:48 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I have a Protomotive 3.8 liter kit built in 2007. It uses the stock crank with larger bore but every thing else is/was at that time cutting edge. It was basically a copy of Scott's turbo except I decided on the 3.8 liter kit. I am thinking about going to the 4.0 liter kit and detuning it for more show than go. I just can not see the 996 competing with the newer cars aka Gallardo, GT R and the likes because of the transmission. It can make the power but it loses to much time during the shift. However, I love the body style and thus I will just make it a solid all round car.
Happy Holidays
Robert

Old 12-04-2011, 03:06 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
I have a Protomotive 3.8 liter kit built in 2007. It uses the stock crank with larger bore but every thing else is/was at that time cutting edge. It was basically a copy of Scott's turbo except I decided on the 3.8 liter kit. I am thinking about going to the 4.0 liter kit and detuning it for more show than go. I just can not see the 996 competing with the newer cars aka Gallardo, GT R and the likes because of the transmission. It can make the power but it loses to much time during the shift. However, I love the body style and thus I will just make it a solid all round car.
Happy Holidays
Robert
Robert how much WHP did you gain when you went to 3.8 lts on your engine ??

How much does it helps-gain when stroking your car ??

Thanks

Roalndo

Old 12-04-2011, 08:02 PM
I think it was calculated to be a little over 5% at the same boost level. The reasoning for choosing the bigger kit was to try to get a quicker spool from the GT35. I hope this helps.
Robert

Old 12-04-2011, 08:32 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Yea it does much,thanks Robert

Old 12-04-2011, 09:45 PM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
The real kick in the pants is from the increased stroke which is where the torque comes from! There really is nothing like a true stoker kit with increased bore and stroke. Back in the day I did one for my 302 mustang to 347ci and it was a monster!! But it was only $1600-$1800 if I remember. Being a Porsche it really is a custom item and anything under $8000 is a deal. You could put this together yourself for a similar price, iv looked into it. You figure $4000 for custom crank, $1500-$2000 for rods, and $2000 for pistons! And there are no one stop shops for this. But the REAL savings is time spent on R&D!!! Piecing together parts that will work is the hard part. My .02

Originally Posted by rdss
Robert how much WHP did you gain when you went to 3.8 lts on your engine ??

How much does it helps-gain when stroking your car ??

Thanks

Roalndo

Old 12-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
PM sent to RobMD.

PM being sent to Palette now.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks pumtech......very good tech explanation.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Former Vendor
Surprised no biters still....

Old 12-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Former Vendor
Just wanted to give the heads up that we have 2 sets of iron ductile sleeves coming for the 4.0L for those that may be interested.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Im sure they will sell..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing Stroker Kit 3.8L or 4.0L for 996 Turbo