996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996 gt2 total cost of ownership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Mattyrae is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sunir
with that year and mileage it's ussually going to be an honest $75K or thereabouts car at the very least ... $65K is off about 10 grand... I would really look carefully at records and reports on any GT2 in the $59K - $65K mark unless you personally know the owner and the history of that car.
None of the cars over 90k are selling, why, price is too high. Below 5k miles is worth 80-85 depending on model year. 5k-12.5k miles 75-80k. How do I know this, with actual recent sale numbers. A 35k mile GT2 is not worth 75k, sorry, no way, no how.

PPI the car, and get the service history, or you could buy the highly modified GMG car that was at 89k, and now asking price is 81k, 18k miles.

Will be back in a bit, meeting Sunir in the back alley.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:34 PM
996GT2_2002 is infamous around these parts
I'm selling my 996 GT2 if you're interested. 82XX miles. PM me!

Old 11-30-2011, 05:43 AM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 996GT2_2002
$65,000?

Old 11-30-2011, 10:39 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Low miles - No stories and fast. $79k

FS: 2002 GT2

Last edited by AtomicZ; 11-30-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:42 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mattyrae
None of the cars over 90k are selling, why, price is too high. Below 5k miles is worth 80-85 depending on model year. 5k-12.5k miles 75-80k. How do I know this, with actual recent sale numbers. A 35k mile GT2 is not worth 75k, sorry, no way, no how.

PPI the car, and get the service history, or you could buy the highly modified GMG car that was at 89k, and now asking price is 81k, 18k miles.

Will be back in a bit, meeting Sunir in the back alley.
I was in the back alley waiting, where were you !

Mark you have some data points there and maybe the market is a little soft now but I know that these cars generally are priced at a certain level and have remained in the mid 70's and on upwards of mid 80s plus for some examples of course based on things like mileage, year, mods, condition, records/documentation and history. There is the situaion where sellers become more desperate to sell and drop prices accordingly just to force a quick sell, which effects the market negatively on the car's value, but that is to be expected and should not be considered when pricing competitively based on sale prices over wider periods of time or whereby placing a proper valuation on the vehicle. I think that there are outliers of course which are in the 60's range as there are on the opposite side of the spectrum. I am not considering the outliers on the low side to determine market rather speculating on factors that may create the outlier condition...considering the standard deviation of these cars prices over time.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:38 PM
LEDtheway is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 996GT2_2002
Just saw your PM. Unfortunately I've only made 5 posts and am consequently unable to PM you. The pictures in your "photoshoot" thread look amazing. However, the 6k sound system won't be of much value to me, but if you can PM me a list of the mods you've done, I may be interested. Also as others have stated, I'm shooting for a car that has been driven (at minimum) on an annual basis. Seals dry out, making the car more prone to leaks, etc, and the potential for underlying problems which should have became apparent, are still lurking from within. Typically an indication of this would be a higher mileage car, but if you can also PM me all of the history of this car (to your best ability), that would put me one step closer to letting you know...

Atomic Z -

As far as I can tell, the only thing superseding your gt2 is your UGR Lambo and reputation. However, I'm looking for something to go road racing. So your car might be a little too much for my level of skill to handle at the moment. Although... do you still have the OEM k24 setup, and OEM wheels?

Again, Thank you everyone for the help thus far!

Old 12-01-2011, 09:25 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LEDtheway

Atomic Z -

As far as I can tell, the only thing superseding your gt2 is your UGR Lambo and reputation. However, I'm looking for something to go road racing. So your car might be a little too much for my level of skill to handle at the moment. Although... do you still have the OEM k24 setup, and OEM wheels?

Again, Thank you everyone for the help thus far!
Thanks for the kind words.

I've done a few laps with it at about 6/10th. Handles very well. With the boost controller off at .8-.9 bar it is a very fun car on the track. The car is much more capable than I am.

The stock setup was long gone when I bought the car. - Sorry.

I do know where I can get a set of stock wheels for the car though.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
I was in the back alley waiting, where were you !

Mark you have some data points there and maybe the market is a little soft now but I know that these cars generally are priced at a certain level and have remained in the mid 70's and on upwards of mid 80s plus for some examples of course based on things like mileage, year, mods, condition, records/documentation and history. There is the situaion where sellers become more desperate to sell and drop prices accordingly just to force a quick sell, which effects the market negatively on the car's value, but that is to be expected and should not be considered when pricing competitively based on sale prices over wider periods of time or whereby placing a proper valuation on the vehicle. I think that there are outliers of course which are in the 60's range as there are on the opposite side of the spectrum. I am not considering the outliers on the low side to determine market rather speculating on factors that may create the outlier condition...considering the standard deviation of these cars prices over time.
Asking prices have nothing to do with what the "market" is for a particular car. Take for example the nuts selling 2008 Scuderia's still asking over 200k? Those cars will sit because depending on options, they are worth maybe 175k to 185k with 5k miles. The mint black one on autotrader used to be at 93k, now at 89k, why, because asking price is way above market value. A 2002 with full carbon, 12k miles sold at Porsche of Colorado Springs recently for 75k. The one at RPM, yellow 8k miles is 79k. Tedd's mint yellow 2005 with 3k miles went for 85k. You know what I paid for mine, with brand new tires and shipping included. So if market for a 2002-2004 with less than 10k miles is less than 80k, add the miles on the Ruf tuned black one, 35k miles, and that's why I say it's worth less than 70k. Exotic cars are very price sensitive to mileage. Look at Ferrari, gee wiz, add a few 1000 miles and they lose $10k???

Last edited by Mattyrae; 12-01-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Amazongreenie is infamous around these parts
996 GT2 total cost of maintenance

I have owned my 02 GT2 now with 46k miles on it for about a year. I have put 5k highway miles on it, occasionally hit rev limiter in 3rd , no track (yet), mostly stock except Cat back free flow exhaust; No maintenance costs yet but will do my own oil and other fluids (thanks to garage lift). Car is cherry condition, probably worth around 70-75k only (no plans to sell or swap it). Looking to flash the ECU (not sure which vendor). I have other P cars (75 IROC clone track car, 89 930 daily driver a 68 912 needing restoration, and can honestly say the GT2 is the best of the best...

Old 12-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Amazongreenie
I have owned my 02 GT2 now with 46k miles on it for about a year. I have put 5k highway miles on it, occasionally hit rev limiter in 3rd , no track (yet), mostly stock except Cat back free flow exhaust; No maintenance costs yet but will do my own oil and other fluids (thanks to garage lift). Car is cherry condition, probably worth around 70-75k only (no plans to sell or swap it). Looking to flash the ECU (not sure which vendor). I have other P cars (75 IROC clone track car, 89 930 daily driver a 68 912 needing restoration, and can honestly say the GT2 is the best of the best...
If you find someone willing to pay 75k for your car, I would take it.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:14 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mattyrae
If you find someone willing to pay 75k for your car, I would take it.
Mark I want to buy your GT2 for 3 easy installments of $19.95 ...but wait there's more, please throw in a turbo upgrade, exhaust and tune if bought TODAY!!! ...how about it bud