996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Brockway Din Plate for Dgauge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
So you end up with a large connector protruding out of the OBD2 port down by your left knee sort of like when you plug in the durametric cable? Anything more stealthy?

It's totally plug and play for information generated from the OBD port. The connection is not like the durametric, it's at a 90 degree angle. You don't even know it's there. There are two other plug ins if you wish to buy sensors for exhaust temp, oil pressure, etc. There is also a plug in for a shift light I'm trying to figure out were to mount. You can see from the picture it looks like a stock part in the din slot. The colors on all four gauges can be set independently. There are many choice in colors. The orange looks Porsche stock. The lighter colors look better in the daytime if you wear polarized sun glasses. Looks like John will also be a distributor for this item. It's the best little electronic gizmo I've seen so far.

Last edited by Duane996tt; 02-03-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Duane,

Here is a link to a demo video of our older SpeedTech R9000 with shift light. This was a unit we had made for us by Brockway, in fact I introduced the concept of dual bank AFR to Brockway for our private label R9000 unit due to the 996TT requirement of dual bank monitoring. Brockway subsequently made it standard on all their 920 units, too.

I went with a progressive Eliptech shift light on the top of the steering column, so I never used the Brockway shift light for any lenght of time, but the spot in the video seemed like a good place for it. The light is pretty bright at night, so a little lower seemed better to me.

Also, this video will give potential customers an idea of how the Brockway unit works, the new one is a little different, but they are very similar in use...

Here is the video link: http://www.speedtechexhausts.com/Spe...-2008%20V1.wmv

If anyone needs one of these, you can PM me for pricing and I will be happy to assist...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 02-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
Duane,

Here is a link to a demo video of our older SpeedTech R9000 with shift light. This was a unit we had made for us by Brockway, in fact I introduced the concept of dual bank AFR to Brockway for our private label R9000 unit due to the 996TT requirement of dual bank monitoring. Brockway subsequently made it standard on all their 920 units, too.

I went with a progressive Eliptech shift light on the top of the steering column, so I never used the Brockway shift light for any lenght of time, but the spot in the video seemed like a good place for it. The light is pretty bright at night, so a little lower seemed better to me.

Also, this video will give potential customers an idea of how the Brockway unit works, the new one is a little different, but they are very similar in use...

Here is the video link: http://www.speedtechexhausts.com/Spe...-2008%20V1.wmv

If anyone needs one of these, you can PM me for pricing and I will be happy to assist...
Hi John,
Does the Eliptech shift light plug and play into the Brockway and do you have them or know who does. Thanks

Old 02-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Duane,

I purchased mine directly from Eliptech. They mailed it from Australia. The Eliptech sequential light gets it's signal from the tach lead. I spliced in just above the OBD2 port. The Brockway must use this same signal and I'm sure if you asked Eric, he could tell you where to tap it. I don't think the Brockway shift light plug would work with the Eliptech because it's a processed signal, but I believe one of the leads on the main cable would hold the tach signal.

I don't know of anyone in the US that carries it, but I did see my picture below on an Australian website retailing them on a US VW forum...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
Old 02-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
Duane,

I purchased mine directly from Eliptech. They mailed it from Australia. The Eliptech sequential light gets it's signal from the tach lead. I spliced in just above the OBD2 port. The Brockway must use this same signal and I'm sure if you asked Eric, he could tell you where to tap it. I don't think the Brockway shift light plug would work with the Eliptech because it's a processed signal, but I believe one of the leads on the main cable would hold the tach signal.

I don't know of anyone in the US that carries it, but I did see my picture below on an Australian website retailing them on a US VW forum...

Thanks John,
Just got the following message from Eliptec. Seems like an easy mod.

Hi Duane,
The Brockway D Gauge uses the CAN bus information from the OBD port. CAN bus data does however have lag and the update rate is fixed by what the vehicle uses. The RPM data isn't as instantaneous and accurate as directly monitoring the ignition, and I'm not aware if it has an RPM output. Suspect not.
But the same OBD port on the 996 Turbo has a dedicated RPM signal, which gives the ideal signal for the Shift-I. Does not matter if the Brockway gauge is connected as well. You can get all 3 wires there and I'm told it's a very easy fit. You can use the wire clips provided with the Shift-I to connect to those wires.
996 Turbo owners have advise these are the wire colours to use...
Tacho = Violet/Green
Ignition = Red/Black
Ground = Brown/Blue
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Cheers,
Tony
Ecliptech Innovations Pty Ltd

Old 02-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
Yes, it's simple. You just tap the tach signal above the OBD2 connector with one lead and then connect a power feed and a find a suitable ground. That's it. Takes 10 minutes.

2022 Cayenne White
Old 02-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
I like the Eliptech shift light a lot, as you can program the sequential nature by starting RPM, then by how many RPM's apart each light goes off and it looks like it belongs in the car. It's another well designed, very functional electronic device that enhances the driving experience, especially if you tend to exercise your car at high RPM's.

2022 Cayenne White