996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Project Car: RS6 - Stage 1 "pick up an RS6"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 06:28 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Project Car: RS6 - Stage 1 "picked up an RS6"

I plan to start a heavily modded project, but this time, a sport sedan. Last night, I picked up one of my favorite sedans, the Audi RS6. 1 of 980 made. The color is called AVUS Silver. AVUS has a very light tinge of lavender/blue tint to it. Depending on the lighting, it sometimes look metallic gray, sometimes blue, sometimes lavender. The Interior is white - Audi calls it silver.

The car seems a tiny bit laggy from a dead start. Midrange is surprisingly responsive with a viscious pull! The handling is very tight, almost no sway, and the car is GLUED to the road. But so far my favourite feature is the transmission and paddle shifters. The blips the throttle like the F1's and SMG's tranny. When in "S" or sport mode, the car always stays in the lower gear and ready for the accelerator to get hammered. Though the looks are still of the generic "A6," the RS6's bolder fender wells and huge grille vents draw just enough attention.

Currently, I am seeking 3 to 4 stages of modifications. First stage is leaning towards APR who already has a switchable program. Program 1 for 91 octane at 517HP, Program 2 at 535HP/495lb ft. torque, and Program 3 - 100 octane at 565HP / 525lb ft. torque.

MTM in europe has upto 650 bullet proof HP. Will keep 6speedonine posted with the phases pre/post implementation.

some quick pics:

Old 10-16-2003, 07:08 PM
boston 7777 is infamous around these parts
I love that car... perfect all around super sedan.. I missed one by an hour.. the dealer called me down to come and look at it and rite after he got off the phone another saleman was doing the paper work on it..what can you do..I made up my mind I need to buy a Turbo..although it wold be nice to have both!! GOOD LUCK WITH IT

Old 10-16-2003, 07:21 PM
MKW
MKW is infamous around these parts
Why don't you just debadge the car and upgrade the ECU only. Maybe slap on a reg A6 and 2.7T badge . Then go looking for '04 E55s. A few years ago, a friend debadged his '01 E55 and put on E300 / Diesel badges.

Last edited by MKW; 10-16-2003 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:53 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Shank - whose house?

Old 10-16-2003, 08:59 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Shank,

A friend of mine has that same color. It is unbelievable. I usually only like black cars, but, I have to say that AVUS silver is one of the best colors I have ever seen. The rest of you guys should check it out in person. Those pics do not even scratch the surface of how cool that color looks in the sun and then in the early evening. Great car, awesome color!! Congrats Shank.

-Lou

Old 10-16-2003, 09:00 PM
MWEELS is infamous around these parts
Why not

Why did you go for the Audi and not the M5 or Merc? Just curious.

MWEELS

Old 10-16-2003, 09:05 PM
NAZTTY is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up "911" plate - kool

Old 10-16-2003, 09:29 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Why not

Originally posted by MWEELS

MWEELS
The M5, if they can do something about the way the new 5er looks, will be some monster.

-Lou

Old 10-16-2003, 09:30 PM
krm
krm is infamous around these parts
shank, congrats on the RS6. The members over at rs6.com would love for you to join them and share your feedback post modifications.

Old 10-16-2003, 09:35 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Re: Why not

Originally posted by MWEELS

MWEELS
Not MB because:
1. I already have the 5.5 supercharged motor in the SL
2. RS6 has more potential (IE: APR, and MTM, and others)
3. My 3rd Audi, and am a fan of the car
4. MB fit an finish doesn't compare to Audi.

Not M5 because:
1. All new M5 is about to come out soon.
2. RS6 is faster and has more potential than current M5

Thanks for the compliments. I just opened it on the highway (Car comes broken in from the factory) and it Pulls and pulls and pulls........

Old 10-16-2003, 09:44 PM
jajo is infamous around these parts
The RS6 is an amazing car. I'd take it over the E55 too, just because of its potential.

Nice car. Could smoke my M though

Old 10-16-2003, 09:46 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by jajo
The RS6 is an amazing car. I'd take it over the E55 too, just because of its potential.

Nice car. Could smoke my M though
Hey whatever happened with your little incident?? Did you door get fixed?? Guy go to jail?? What up??
Regards,
Evan

Old 10-16-2003, 09:46 PM
LSM
Shank,

Did you get that louder exhaust option?(not sure the exact name)

Also, I at least, was referring to the New M5.

-Lou

Old 10-16-2003, 09:50 PM
jajo is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by AMG ETR
Hey whatever happened with your little incident?? Did you door get fixed?? Guy go to jail?? What up??
Regards,
Evan
I got the door fixed, but, the police department never sent us a court date. In the end, I guess I just wanted to forget about the whole incident and just move on. You never know with these people...

Thanks man

Old 10-16-2003, 09:56 PM
Options include NAV, SOLAR ROOF, SOUND ENHANCING exhaust, Uh... i think thats all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project Car: RS6 - Stage 1 "pick up an RS6"