996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

JIC Coil-overs - softer settings for the road

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 04:43 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
JIC Coil-overs - softer settings for the road

Guys, so I have this really nice JIC Cross and coilovers on my car. While I do like the low slung profile I am thinking that perhaps I need some more shock movement ie soften up the setting for the road a bit more as I have 19 inch wheels too and if need be, get the car a bit higher.
Is anybody running the JIC's, what is your car height and what setting are you using for shock / coil overs?
PS I do not track or x-cross the car.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:37 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Nobody??

Bump

Old 12-05-2011, 08:59 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hroussard
Guys, so I have this really nice JIC Cross and coilovers on my car. While I do like the low slung profile I am thinking that perhaps I need some more shock movement ie soften up the setting for the road a bit more as I have 19 inch wheels too and if need be, get the car a bit higher.
Is anybody running the JIC's, what is your car height and what setting are you using for shock / coil overs?
PS I do not track or x-cross the car.
Hey! I am running JICs and 18" wheels. I am a little over GT2 height, but was under GT2 a little bit ago. It was a huge difference when I raised the car - car seems less bumpy but more balanced at the same time.

I think with the car too low the geometry or something wasn't right and made the car bumpy and stiff. I love how my car feels/handles now - got a good alignment and corner balance as well!

Not sure exactly my settings - I think 3 in the front and 5 in the rear but wouldn't swear. The great thing about the JICs is they have the adjustment collar's where you can raise/lower without changing the spring pre-load and shock travel.

Hope that helps!

Old 12-06-2011, 12:31 PM
After raising the car did you have to do a realignment?

Hi there, Just wondering if you did a Wheel Alignment?

Old 12-06-2011, 12:51 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hroussard
Hi there, Just wondering if you did a Wheel Alignment?
Yep, I raised it enough that it was necessary. Best to do a corner balance as well since raising may move balance around.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by raineycd
Yep, I raised it enough that it was necessary. Best to do a corner balance as well since raising may move balance around.
Thanks Chad!!