996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just dropped off car for suspension +

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 11:52 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
I'm a little confused. I thought Motons are imported by these guys:

http://moton-usa.com/

What about this outfit?

http://www.motonsuspensiononline.com/

They also list the 2 way Motons without the reservoirs that no one else seems to carry.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:50 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Moton the company was going bankrupt and got bought out by a company the makes suspensions for more import tuner (Subie/Evo) crowd named AST. They are well respected in that industry though.

The founders of Motion Control were the guys who basically ran Moton-USA and were not kept when the acquisition took place. Motion Control is brand new this year. AST is still recovering the poor shape that Moton was in before it was about to go under. Parts missing, or needing to be redeveloped etc.

Now is not a confidence inspiring time to own Motons. Motion Control will take over in the US IMO, that's how big the names of the owners are in the Suspension Industry.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:35 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Can't wait to hear how you like the MCS suspension. As soon as I figure out what spring rates I want, I'm ordering me a set too. Lex is local as well so I have all the support I need. AST made a huge mistake by not keeping Lex on board.
LEX IS THE MAN,.,.... He really help me set up my suspension and fine tune it, as well as Fabryce and others.... Great guy;s

Your suspension will totally transform the car, and how YOU use and utilize it's capabilities.... Best of luck

What spring rates did you go with? Spec's?? I have Triple Adjustables on my GT2, if I could do it over, I would have went for a basic Moton setup... Too much adjustability :/

How is the shifter/gearbox? Would love to hear your impressions

Martin

Old 12-15-2011, 03:38 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
500 lbs front, and 700 lbs rear. I didn't want to go too stiff because I still plan on street driving.
Go 750 rear with the 500 front.... What tender springs are you using, or helpers?

BTW had no freaking idea Moton had trouble and now MCS is the "new Moton" ?! Cray

Old 12-16-2011, 10:10 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by iLLM3
LEX IS THE MAN,.,.... He really help me set up my suspension and fine tune it, as well as Fabryce and others.... Great guy;s

Your suspension will totally transform the car, and how YOU use and utilize it's capabilities.... Best of luck

What spring rates did you go with? Spec's?? I have Triple Adjustables on my GT2, if I could do it over, I would have went for a basic Moton setup... Too much adjustability :/

How is the shifter/gearbox? Would love to hear your impressions

Martin
The shifter is great. I love it! It is a serious peice of hardware. Shifting is very positive, and up shifts are very consistent. Down shifts vary depending on speed and RPM, just like a normal shifter/transmission.

Originally Posted by iLLM3
Go 750 rear with the 500 front.... What tender springs are you using, or helpers?

BTW had no freaking idea Moton had trouble and now MCS is the "new Moton" ?! Cray
Eibach springs and tenders/helpers.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:55 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Latest photos so far. Front and rear reservoir mounting. It should all be done by Tuesday when I plan on picking up the car. I will take better pictures when I get it back in my own garage.

Attached Images   
Old 12-21-2011, 06:15 AM
Fire Bottle mounting behind passenger seat on the floor:

I went with a Safecraft 5lb Halon bottle. I didn't want foam ruining my leather interior in case of accidental discharge.

Also, very clean reservoir mounting on the roll bar uprights.

Attached Images      

Last edited by shtfrbrains; 12-22-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:12 PM
I just got my car home, and what a great job Piper Motorsport did on all the work. It's perfect. Their quality of work amazes me.

Just a few quick impressions:

The MCS suspension seemed great during my three hour ride home, but I am sure it is hard to tell how great it really is until pushed to the limit on the track. That will have to wait until Spring for me. I will also have to play with the settings once I can get it to the track. It is set up at a nominal setting for now, which to me seems perfect for the street. Also, the springs seem perfect so far too; stiff but not too stiff. I don't think I would want them much stiffer at this point for the type of driving I do.

I noticed the car seemed more under control during wide open throttle, which immediately increased confidence.

In summery, this is a great mod which I recommend to anyone looking to take their car's handling to the next level.

Last edited by shtfrbrains; 12-22-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:08 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Bring it out to Summit Point next spring to get it set up.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:33 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
I heard Piper was good, but that is exquisite!
If I ever do the Rollbar/seats install, I will be heading there for sure.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:30 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Come on out to fatt at spr in the spring... Also check out zone 2 three day at vir that is an incredible event... I should be instructing at both and would love to take a ride with ya! Remember adj suspension is only as effective as how good you can dial it in to your own driving style... That's why i didn't comment on spring rates for you, ideally you should have multiple rate pairs for front and back. Can't wait to see the car, looks like ole Mitch there is churning out good work, he did the first cage in my touring car years ago!